Stop violence against Christians in Karnataka

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I think its also safe to say that people who convert weren't hindus other than in name ? Because why would a believing person convert unless a gun is placed on his head ?

Why dont these missionaries ever come to me ? I will tell them so many faults in the bible that they will start frowning like mad men. :lol:

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
If i convert and then pressurize my family to do so,if i defile the old customs in order to reassure myself in my new faith,if i turn into a spiritual highway man preying on the innocent and the vulnerable as a result,then i would willing ask the Hindu communtuy to cut me down.
What if you want to only convert yourself and not want to bother others about your own belief pattern ?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
you are so naive or blind there are many instances where by the chruch has Dumbed money and rice in to the conversion drive
You must be naive if you don't know that is what missionaries do. Showing the people charity is a fundamental tenet of the Christian faith.

Rage

DFI TEAM
The Hindu society does not require the formalities of state intervention to secure and defend her social and cultural space from being encroached upon and being defiled by others,it is well within its right to do whatever it takes to defend its space.But sine it has most stake in ensuing in the functioning in state institutions,it prefers to step back and take things up when the state fails to intervene satisfactorily.The Hindu society is duty bound to defend its space, whether the state intervenes or not,if it does then good,if it doesn't too bad we will have to do it ourselves.
Define" 'defile' old customs"?

How do you suggest the Hindu community go about 'defending' its "social and cultural" stake in this socially and constitutionally secular country?

Who exactly would be the targets of this social and cultural vendetta ? How precisely would you go about identifying them?

Do you ascribe the same 'right' to defend 'it's space' to other communities? How do you suggest they go about doing it?

What exactly is the definition of 'satisfactory'? Who particularly, within the melange of ethnicities and doctrinal and cultural traditions that is Hinduism, does this 'satisfactorily' refer to?

S.A.T.A

Hindus who cant or wont defend his kinsmen surely have the option of representing themselves and need not suffer us.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
This is not about christianity or any other religion but about one's own beliefs. What if a new religion comes into existence in India. Then it would be an indigenous religion so all this foreign crap will become baseless.

Let one have his own personal beliefs but at the same time forced conversions should be dealt with harshly and yes i do agree that missionaries do prey on the poor but to tackle them we shouldn't take drastic sweeping measures.

Last edited:

S.A.T.A

How the Hindus society defends its social cultural space should be self evident,whether it is through intellect,social organization,economics,spiritual values or pure street power.The respective challenges elicits the appropriate response.Since Hindus rarely or never encroach into the 'others space' there probably very little concern on the front.But if the others are worried about that, then it is appropriate that they must join the Hindus society in its demand for banning forced conversion and proselytization.

SPIEZ

Country flag
You must be naive if you don't know that is what missionaries do. Showing the people charity is a fundamental tenet of the Christian faith.
Why not share some more of it for those who don't want to turn into Christians ?

P.S. : you must be amongst th locals to actually know what is happening here.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
How the Hindus society defends its social cultural space should be self evident,whether it is through intellect,social organization,economics,spiritual values or pure street power.The respective challenges elicits the appropriate response.Since Hindus rare or never encroach into the 'others space' there probably very little concern on the front.But if the others are worried about that, then it is appropriate that they must join the Hindus society in its demand for banning forced conversion and proselytization.
Everyone here agrees that forced conversion should be banned and dealt with harshly.

What is being argued is voluntary conversion when a person himself goes to a priest to convert to christianity.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Hindu Society is not a organized group represented by any person or group of persons. Contemporary Hindus put their loyalty in state machinery than some dumb autocratic organization.

Hindus will defend their religion by employing established non-violent methods & not by collaborating with home grown terrorists who intervene authorities by taking law in their hand.

These pragmatic Hindus will not only respect state but will also make sure that unrecognized fanatics suffer & die miserable death for using Hinduism as a political tool.

mahesh

Country flag
We already had this discussion. No one points a gun at their head or threatens them with violence to convert. It is their own CHOICE. There is no Inquisition or Crusaders murdering Hindus to scare them to convert. On the other-hand, RSS is stiring up violence against Christians. That is terrorism and the instigators must be prosecuted. The anti-conversion law is unconstitutional as stated by the High Court... "If I am dying and I want to change my religion, will I wait for some babu to tell me I can do it?"

hoo no bro ! here in india, more then 90% people are forcefully converted for sure. i mean not by pointing the guns or threatening them, but by misusing their helplessness, weaknesses poverty and problems, saying conversion will be the solution for there problem, and they will be helping them out. Even if people don't have such issues, still the missionary people have the training and ability to make people fall for them.

Myself one among who strongly oppose most of the ideologies of RSS, i even served RSS as mukya sikshak (head master) of a sector for 2 years. i don't think RSS as a terrorist group or any such though never came to me when i was in it. This violence act might be a plot of few extreme minded people, who might be in RSS can also be found in other groups also. that had to be controlled and punish the guilt, if they where found guilty by the court of law.

Mangalore being a coastal region and was one of the breading places for christian missionaries for long before, now from past decades, the coastal region of Karnataka had become a strong hold of RSS and other such groups also., and as there is a BJP government in Karnataka, there is no such control on RSS activities and the government is busy in it's own problems. so in this case western Karnataka, mostly the western ghats and the coastal region is a clashing ground for RSS and christian groups, as of now. if law is enforced properly , this issue will be resolved in no time, but Karnataka BJP is not in a mindset to put breaks on RSS

Your feelings towards evangelicals are irrelevant. What matters is freedom to CHOOSE.
broadly talking and not pointing to any individual: Freedom of choice is freely given by sanathana dharma to choose any religion.
if you are converting to any religion you have to go through few religious rituals to be called christian or Muslim. but if you wanted to be a Hindu, you just have to say i'm a Hindu, that's all. coz sanathana dharma doesn't need any propaganda or conversion system to survive in the world. it's been one of the most oldest religious system and survived.

As of i say, one of the oldest religious system which was long there before testimonies where in making, before Lord Jesus was born, and seen islam being born, Now if anyone have to call Sanathana dharma as a PAGAN religion, i can accept it only if they mean , A person who follows a polytheistic or pre-Christian religion (not a Christian or Muslim or Jew),
NOT ACCEPTABLE :- if they mean, A person who does not acknowledge god or your god,
coz they already said we are polytheistic, worshiping more then one god!.
if they have other meanings for it, then i have to ask them what we should call them at the time when Lord Jesus was not even born ? they will either be Jews or pagans them selves. (not being offensive here, just a point of view)

i oppose if any religion teaching which aims at prosperity at the cost of other religions. I'm surely not against any religion in the world, even not against Islam. i truly admire every religion which guided human being to this advance level of thinking, but again the EVIL called conversion, which even Islam Era did it in India centuries ago, we are still paying for it, Indian Muslims, genetically not at all a Muslim, there ancestors are from Indian soil itself. Sanathana dharma survived the 7 centuries of Islam dominance but still prevailed. All means of conversion evils has the strength in disguise to engulf the bush fire into wild fire in centuries to come, perhaps near decades.

S.A.T.A

There vast chasm between how everyone agrees to how certian thins ought to be and how they actually are on the ground.when the appropriate institutions of the state fail to abridge this chasm is when the civil society,in this case the Hindu society,has no option but to rely on its own means and sorceress to act.It is not matter of a ideal state of affairs and the ideal responses to it,but how the society responds to raw events.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Such society which takes law in hand to defend itself while agreeing that it is not an ideal response or legal call, should not cry against secular establishment when authorities prosecute involved individuals or organizations. One should own up the consequences of its actions without accusing secularism of union.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
There vast chasm between how everyone agrees to how certian thins ought to be and how they actually are on the ground.when the appropriate institutions of the state fail to abridge this chasm is when the civil society,in this case the Hindu society,has no option but to rely on its own means and sorceress to act.It is not matter of a ideal state of affairs and the ideal responses to it,but how the society responds to raw events.
You have not answered post #32.

S.A.T.A

If the so called Pragmatic Hindus concede that they and their pragmatism alone is not the sole representative of the Hindu expression,then its acceptable.Perhaps the pragmatic Hindus will have reasons to thank the 'other Hindus' someday.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
But if the others are worried about that, then it is appropriate that they must join the Hindus society in its demand for banning forced conversion and proselytization.
Why would Christians join RSS in its demand for banning the reason they are there?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles