Stop violence against Christians in Karnataka

Miriachi

The Karnataka chapter of the All-India Christian Council (AICC) and the Karnataka Missions Network have demanded that violence against Christians be stopped and the rule of law must prevail.

Addressing presspersons here on Monday, leaders of these organisations expressed concern over the "continuing violence" against the Christian community, which in recent weeks had been manifested through the attacks on three churches.

State president of AICC M.F. Saldanha said that constitutional rights must be enforced and preventive measures taken to ensure that violence against minorities did not continue. "There are adequate laws, but still no action is being taken," he said. Although, there had been instances of violence against people of minority communities in Gujarat, Orissa and Karnataka, it was only in Karnataka that violence had not stopped. In the other two States, violence appeared to have abated.

Chairman of the Karnataka Missions Network Walter J. Maben said that the State government had been promising action on the issue. "The only action the State government has taken till now is to withdraw cases against those involved in the attacks," he said.

Despite promises, the State government had not withdrawn "false" cases against members of the Christian community, he said.

Mr. Maben claimed that after the 2008 church attacks, around 1,000 cases had been filed against Christian priests across the State for alleged conversions. Pastor of Fountain of Blessing Church P.T. Jozhson said that last week when he was away, a few policemen had told his wife that permission was needed to continue worship.

Mr. Maben claimed that many such instances were likely to have gone unreported.

Dealing with the issue of conversions, president of the Karnataka Komu Souharda Vedike K.L. Ashok said that all religious leaders, including Madhwacharya, used "intellectual inducements" to propagate their religion. If money was given to convert somebody's faith, the person would return to the faith that had been given up because the person would not have been able to give up his or culture.

Mr. Ashok said KKSV "suspected" that violence was being perpetrated by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh "with an eye on the coming elections".

He said the RSS was the "mother organisation" and it directed actions of other bodies such as Vishwa Hindu Parishat and Bajrang Dal. Taking a dig at Prani Daya Sangha, which had been named in the alleged killing of the driver of a truck transporting cows at Peenya in Bangalore, Mr. Ashok said that the association had sympathy for animals but not human beings. He urged Chief Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda to ensure protection to minorities and backward classes.

The Hindu : Cities / Mangalore :

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
GoI needs to start prosecuting these RSS terrorists.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Even though im against ideology of RSS but not all are terrorists.

Terrorists are only those who planned and planted bombs near mosques and burned those christians among other things.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Only those who planned or instigated violence need be prosecuted. No one cares what the rest do. That is what freedom is all about.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Only those who planned or instigated violence need be prosecuted. No one cares what the rest do. That is what freedom is all about.
Lets start with the fringe extremist evangelical groups that have mushroomed all over Mangalore and in surrounding areas , that openly abuse Hinduism as a satanic cult, publish and distribute materials that openly denigrate the local way of life , threatening eternal hellfire for those who do not adopt the "way of the light" and indulging in forceful,coercive,market conversions.

And for the ignorant, the group that operates over there is Ram Sene and BD not RSS.

cross posting an opinion/perspective of a Catholic from Mangalore about the situation there -

I'm a Catholic Christian from Mangalore. Born and brought up there. Lived there for 25years of my life. I nor any one in my family or any of the fellow Catholics I know has faced any hate crime or discriminated against due to religion. In fact there are a few radical Christian sects who have recently started operations in the region, who are creating communal problems not only for non-Christians, but even for Catholic Christians, who have been living there in peace with other communities for many centuries. These new radical christian sects are mostly funded from foreign countries and they are run like multi-national companies. The more the members they get, the more the funds they can get.
So people who dont know nilch about local realities need to zip up and instead pressure their right wing nutjob of a President to stop openly discriminating against Muslims and the Gypsies.

JBH22

its takes two hands to clap we need to open eyes to the propaganda of christian missionaries publishing pamphlets that denigrate Hindus to illiterate,ignorant idol worshipers,its such actions by our "peaceful" missionaries that provoke such reactions.

Having said that I do not believe that killing of innocent people is justified in fact Hindus should also play on the ground of missionaries tit for tat.

By the way Armand2REP what's your take on christian missionaries who use violence against Hindus in the NE INDIA...
As to RSS your knowledge seem to be limited to them so don't link any right wing Hindu outfit to the RSS get your facts straight before yapping.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There is no doubt that there is conversion by every means, fair and foul, being practised by ALL religions.

There should be no conversion or re-conversion.

The Christian Churches, specially the US Baptists and the Vatican are hard at it, as also the Muslim flush with Saudi money and the good old Togadia and friends.

It must stop!

Let us live in Peace and let us work hard towards real progress and not foolish claptrap about religion that does not feed stomachs except the largess given to convert and reconvert and which vanishes in no time.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
GoI should start prosecuting these Christian missionaries who are creating hatred and doing false propaganda for force conversation. I am not sure whether RSS is involved or not but if they are then,They are doing good job to stop such Anti-Hindu rich missionaries.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Quote Originally Posted by shuntmaster View Post
I'm a Catholic Christian from Mangalore. Born and brought up there. Lived there for 25years of my life. I nor any one in my family or any of the fellow Catholics I know has faced any hate crime or discriminated against due to religion. In fact there are a few radical Christian sects who have recently started operations in the region, who are creating communal problems not only for non-Christians, but even for Catholic Christians, who have been living there in peace with other communities for many centuries. These new radical christian sects are mostly funded from foreign countries and they are run like multi-national companies. The more the members they get, the more the funds they can get.
It is the southern Christians who have screwed up the whole thing.

You all have no idea of Christian compassion!

This nonsense is not faced in the East. Even though the Christian missionaries are hard at work, take Mother Teresa's Brigade.

Or the German Lutheran Church working overtime in North Bengal and Bodo areas!

Is the dislike and distrust spreading because of US money and their proverbial impatience enshrined in their theory of Wham Bam thank you Ma'am?

These disgusting fraud Baptist evangelists and the silly Catholic Church and their silly call of the Pope to 'harvest souls' give Christianity a bad name.

Christianity will survive without all this shenanigans.

Let us first get the flock going in areas where it is ingrained i.e. the West than seeking fresh pasture and having bitten too much to chew!

The Pope is daft and he was a Nazi too and so is the Christian clergy daft and without imagination!

Last edited:

S.A.T.A

The govt should seriously consider taking up steps from preventing these bunch of acknowledged pedophiles from running riot in Karnataka.If it does not then the concerned members of the civil society will.

Tomcat

watch who you call terrorist moi missure If that is the standard that you chose to go on then werent the Crusaders Terorist and wasnt the Chruch guilty in more ways then one in the First jewish genocide through the Spanish Incucitions Christians and the Native population has coexisted in peace in the south for eons from the First arrival of st thomas followers in the mlabar coast do you know that the Porteguse Passed draconian or shall i say Barabarian laws aginst the Local Hindu popluation to forceful convert Hindus to christanity

i hate the evanglicals and if any one no matter who calls my religion Pagan i shall not give no quaters at all .

i have only one message lave the Native christian and Hindus alone we shall live togather as we have for years but if you guys have any plan on distrupting that then i dare say the furute looks very grim

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
We already had this discussion. No one points a gun at their head or threatens them with violence to convert. It is their own CHOICE. There is no Inquisition or Crusaders murdering Hindus to scare them to convert. On the other-hand, RSS is stiring up violence against Christians. That is terrorism and the instigators must be prosecuted. The anti-conversion law is unconstitutional as stated by the High Court... "If I am dying and I want to change my religion, will I wait for some babu to tell me I can do it?"

Your feelings towards evangelicals are irrelevant. What matters is freedom to CHOOSE.

Tomcat

We already had this discussion. No one points a gun at their head or threatens them with violence to convert. It is their own CHOICE. There is no Inquisition or Crusaders murdering Hindus to scare them to convert. On the other-hand, RSS is stiring up violence against Christians. That is terrorism and the instigators must be prosecuted. The anti-conversion law is unconstitutional as stated by the High Court... "If I am dying and I want to change my religion, will I wait for some babu to tell me I can do it?"

Your feelings towards evangelicals are irrelevant. What matters is freedom to CHOOSE.
you are so naive or blind there are many instances where by the chruch has Dumbed money and rice in to the conversion drive

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I think you are not aware of the Indian environment.

The last Pope said Asia is the place to 'harvest the souls'.

There is a whole lot of skulduggery afoot. And that applies to ALL religions.

Instead of provoking people, check the reality out and it being a sensitive issue, I hope all with refrain from generalities and instead back up their contentions with facts and figures and links.

Check out also what is a Rice Christian!

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Violence against violence is not justified in this country.

Having said that, religious leaders should take their issues (if legitimate) directly to court. I'm not sure why Mr.Saldanha or Togdia prefers to indulge in loud talk at public events. Maybe motives are different.

Judicial establishment has not denied justice to anyone nor has stopped anyone to demand security against impartial review of their circumstances.

This issue is as simple as that. Only opportunists will see complexity since attributes of analysis are superannuated & biased.

Rage

DFI TEAM
The govt should seriously consider taking up steps from preventing these bunch of acknowledged pedophiles from running riot in Karnataka.If it does not then the concerned members of the civil society will.
Ah! Your internet edicts never cease to amuse me.

"Bunch of acknowledged pedophiles", eh? Let's just step back for a second and consider: are not just generalizing everybody? And if you are, what do you say about these medieval, bigoted morons: called the RSS?

Violence against a perceived, or real, crime in the face of state-inaction, ef? Isn't that the domain of the state? In fact, is it not what constitutes the
'state'? Or is it, in your view, justified to usurp the law where state processes are weak or inefficient? I'd be interested to hear what your view about Maoist Kangaroo courts in Maad and Saranda is? Where the state has failed people. Otherwise, cease and desist from threatening a community or its clergy. It does not impress anybody.

S.A.T.A

The Hindu society does not require the formalities of state intervention to secure and defend her social and cultural space from being encroached upon and being defiled by others,it is well within its right to do whatever it takes to defend its space.But sine it has most stake in ensuing in the functioning in state institutions,it prefers to step back and take things up when the state fails to intervene satisfactorily.The Hindu society is duty bound to defend its space, whether the state intervenes or not,if it does then good,if it doesn't too bad we will have to do it ourselves.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
The Hindu society does not require the formalities of state intervention to secure and defend her social and cultural space from being encroached upon and being defiled by others,it is well within its right to do whatever it takes to defend its space.But sine it has most stake in ensuing in the functioning in state institutions,it prefers to step back and take things up when the state fails to intervene satisfactorily.The Hindu society is duty bound to defend its space, whether the state intervenes or not,if it does then good,if it doesn't too bad we will have to do it ourselves.
What if tomorrow you want to become a christian and you are stopped from doing so ?

Dont answer that it wont happen because it is a hypothetical question.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
:rofl:

Hindu Society is not granted any authority in this country. If these bunch of morons who pose as representatives of Hindu society intervene in matter, they will be shown their place. They will be thrown in jail & awarded punishment for their actions. They will end up defaming hindus, for which they are famous & carry their history as feathers on hat.

But don't worry we still don't prosecute internet propaganda warriors :laugh:

S.A.T.A

If i convert and then pressurize my family to do so,if i defile the old customs in order to reassure myself in my new faith,if i turn into a spiritual highway man preying on the innocent and the vulnerable as a result,then i would willing ask the Hindu communtuy to cut me down.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles