Sri Lankan navy attacks 15 Indian fishermen

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Sri Lankan navy attacks 15 Indian fishermen

The fishermen were fishing near a sand hillock in Indian waters when the Lankan Navy came in two boats and allegedly beat them up with sticks, said Plavumin Thiyakarajan, Assistant Director, Fisheries department.

Fifteen fishermen, who put to sea from here, were today allegedly attacked by Sri Lankan Navy when they were fishing near Dhanuskodi, fisheries department sources said.

The fishermen were fishing near a sand hillock in Indian waters when the Lankan Navy came in two boats and allegedly beat them up with sticks, said Plavumin Thiyakarajan, Assistant Director, Fisheries department.

The Lankan navy personnel told them they were fishing in Lankan waters and sent them back with a warning, officials said.

Sri Lankan navy attacks 15 Indian fishermen - Page 1 | Firstpost

again and again ...:yuno: :yuno:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
This is really weird...

I heard my old boss (#&$^@%) claim once... "We managers are firefighters. If there is no fire, then we would not be needed. So to secure our jobs, never put out the fire completely"

Either Indian fishermen are crossing over to SL waters, or they are not.

Either SL Navy is coming inside Indian waters, or they are not.

Find out what is right and what is wrong and take appropriate measures that the wrong does not happen again! Seems like our govt is like my old manager who does not want to put out the fire.

What's the use of commissioning coast guard ships every few weeks when the only place where they are required most is unguarded?
@pmaitra @KS any more specific news?

Anyway... @HeinzGud what sort of Navy uses sticks to beat fishermen? Isn't this extra-judicial assault.

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Anyway... @HeinzGud what sort of Navy uses sticks to beat fishermen? Isn't this extra-judicial assault.
Good question.

The Lankan navy personnel told them they were fishing in Lankan waters and sent them back with a warning, officials said.
Is this an Asian thing...warning with stick beatings?

How about imposing fines instead?

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
So if they cross over the border you will beat and Kill our Fisherman huh...

HeinzGud

Country flag
Good question.

Is this an Asian thing...warning with stick beatings?

How about imposing fines instead?
So if they cross over the border you will beat and Kill our Fisherman huh...
Anyone can say anything. My challenge to the TN fisherman is to capture the images of SLN's wrong doings and show it to the world. It is the best thing do to.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Anyone can say anything. My challenge to the TN fisherman is to capture the images of SLN's wrong doings and show it to the world. It is the best thing do to.
Yeah well if that was so easy, won't we see all the bully armies get exposed in no time?
I don't think SL Navy would smile and make a victory sign at the Tamil fishermen snapping it all. :rolleyes:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

HeinzGud

Country flag
Ok that's a blame ..then what is your answer to Killings '

85 fishermen killed by Sri Lanka in 10 years: Govt - Times Of India

does they commit suicide on the boat to Spoil Lankan Navy's Image
Just ask the world about Sri Lanka ..they will give you Certificate
First of all let me put the matter straight. Do not point the finger towards SL on how much killed. First check the records on your country about how much you have killed in boarder incidences.

Secondly the article talks about deaths of fishermen spanning for 20 years. Almost all the years are ravaged by SL civil war (i.e. the presence of LTTE).

And thirdly know one knows the reason of the deaths of these fishermen.

Finally who cares about the world openian (I mean the western opinion isn't it.) They said Saddam has WMD too.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
First check the records on your country about how much you have killed in boarder incidences. .
Do you Have any Sources to say like This ..I never heard about Any of the Indian Forces Kills Civillians even If they found Terrorist they also mulls to Areest not to kill or Beat

Secondly the article talks about deaths of fishermen spanning for 20 years. Almost all the years are ravaged by SL civil war (i.e. the presence of LTTE).
how Indian Fisherman inked to your Civil war

And thirdly know one knows the reason of the deaths of these fishermen.
First you Control your Navy... after say No one knows what is the Reason Behind this

Finally who cares about the world openian (I mean the western opinion isn't it.) They said Saddam has WMD too.
They didn't have WMD ..oh God During Operation Orchad Syrian said we have no Nuclear facilities ..In 2011 IAEA confirms Nuclear Facility in Syria ..this took four years to Debunk the Truth ..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles