Sri Lanka ready to give land and police powers

HeinzGud

Country flag
It is the current SL on paper.
What is wrong with Tamil representation i the army? If they are really equal citizens then they should have proportional representation in the Army.
Well they don't turn up for the interviews! At least some Tamils work for National Intelligence Bearau. Don't blame everything on SLG!

If you read my post, it was the same thing as the conditions of accession of J&K to India.

You are saying that what I said is the current situation in Sri Lanka. I don't think so. J&K has it's own police force. Why have we been discussing police force all this while? Dang. No, you need to read my post again.
We don't compare J&K here and you didn't mention police in your post... anyway why Tamils need autonomous region if they enjoy 95% of the privileges in J&K accention to India... if they lived like that for 1000 years why can't they do that now???

pmaitra

We don't compare J&K here and you didn't mention police in your post
It's there ... in the thread title and some of my earlier posts.

... anyway why Tamils need autonomous region if they enjoy 95% of the privileges in J&K accention to India... if they lived like that for 1000 years why can't they do that now???
Now that is tangential. Why? Because they want it that way. You won't be able to empathise their situation, because you are not in their shoes. They need political and cultural expression. Even the Sinhalese will not like it if the situation was reversed. Ask yourself, you will get the answer to your question.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Not when you have both Tamils and Sinhalese in the Army, Civil Services, Pop-Music, Entertainment, Politics, Sports (Cricket), playing more or less proportional part. Just like in India.
Tamils in Sri Lanka

Armed services
  • Air Vice Marshal Ravi Arunthavanathan - Former Deputy Chief of Staff, Sri Lanka Air Force and current Additional Secretary, Ministry of Defence
  • Major General Y. Balaretnarajah, VSV, USP, ndc, SLAC - Chief of Staff, Sri Lanka Army (June 10, 1992 - September 30, 1992)
  • T. E. Anandaraja - former Inspector General of Police
Civil service
  • Sir Velupillai Coomaraswamy, CMG, CCS - Permanent Secretary to the Ministry of External Affairs and Defence.
  • V. Parameswaran, SLAS - former Senior Deputy Rubber Controller, Rubber Control Department of Sri Lanka.
  • Nataraja Vamadeva - Former Secretary to the Ministry of Transport, Additional Secretary Ministry of Trade and Shipping, Chairman of Urban Development Authority, Chairman Fertilizer Corporation, Commissioner of Marketing Department.
Pop-Music
  • Kumar Navaratnam - Pop singer.
Lawyers and Judges
  • S. Sharvananda - Chief Justice of Sri Lanka, Justice of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka and Governor of the Western Province.
  • Hon. Justice V. Manicavasagar - Justice of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka, Chancellor of the University of Jaffna and Chairman of the Commercial Bank of Ceylon.
Entertainment

• Rukmani Devi - Popular film actress.
  • Chandran Rutnam - Film producer / Director
  • Ravi Sathasivam - English poet
  • D.Raja Segar-Segar (artist)-Painter and Sculptor.
Well you need more!!! go to this site List of Sri Lanka Tamils - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HeinzGud

Country flag
It's there ... in the thread title and some of my earlier posts.

Now that is tangential. Why? Because they want it that way. You won't be able to empathise their situation, because you are not in their shoes. They need political and cultural expression. Even the Sinhalese will not like it if the situation was reversed. Ask yourself, you will get the answer to your question.
Tamils in SL have political and cultural expression at least in Colombo. And for the Vanni and Jaffna it was LTTE that destroyed the Tamil culture and politics!

noob101

Not when you have both Tamils and Sinhalese in the Army, Civil Services, Pop-Music, Entertainment, Politics, Sports (Cricket), playing more or less proportional part. Just like in India.
okay I see your point, I think you are right for the most part... after all any plan including the one that i posted will require a lot of things to happen right and only 1 or 2 things to go wrong for it to fall apart...

pmaitra

Tamils in SL have political and cultural expression at least in Colombo. And for the Vanni and Jaffna it was LTTE that destroyed the Tamil culture and politics!
I am no LTTE sympathiser. It is a terrorist organisation as far as I am concerned. I am worried about the rights of the Tamil people.

HeinzGud

Country flag
I am no LTTE sympathiser. It is a terrorist organisation as far as I am concerned. I am worried about the rights of the Tamil people.
Well I pointed out who destroyed the rights most! Or else there would not have dis-similarities with Tamils live in Colombo and other areas where Tamils are majority.

Galaxy

Country flag
I hope Jaylalitha become Defence Minister in next probable BJP government and let her words "Retaliation is must" becomes reality.

HeinzGud

Country flag
I hope Jaylalitha become Defence Minister in next probable BJP government and let her words "Retaliation is must" becomes reality.
Don't worry truth is our shield and China is our sword!

Galaxy

Country flag
Well I pointed out who destroyed the rights most! Or else there would not have dis-similarities with Tamils live in Colombo and other areas where Tamils are majority.
North Sri Lanka belongs to Tamils.

Don't bring LTTE. 99% Tamils have no relation with LTTE.

Sinhalese have occupied North SL illegally. IMO, It should be part of India Historically and By Culture wise. :)

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
North Sri Lanka belongs to Tamils.

Don't bring LTTE. 99% Tamils have no relation with LTTE.

Sinhalese have occupied North SL illegally. IMO, It should be part of India Historically or Culturally. :)
If north SL belong to Tamils prove it!

Galaxy

Country flag
If north SL belong to Tamils prove it!
Historically, Sri Lanka was part of India. Then North Indian went there and become Sinhalese and Tamils went there and become SL Tamil.

Tamils were living there for ages and they have all legitimate rights. They were oppressed for century by SL government. They become slave in their own country. Sinhalese captured those places after 1947 when British left.

Param

Tamils in Sri Lanka

Armed services
  • Air Vice Marshal Ravi Arunthavanathan - Former Deputy Chief of Staff, Sri Lanka Air Force and current Additional Secretary, Ministry of Defence
  • Major General Y. Balaretnarajah, VSV, USP, ndc, SLAC - Chief of Staff, Sri Lanka Army (June 10, 1992 - September 30, 1992)
  • T. E. Anandaraja - former Inspector General of Police
Civil service
  • Sir Velupillai Coomaraswamy, CMG, CCS - Permanent Secretary to the Ministry of External Affairs and Defence.
  • V. Parameswaran, SLAS - former Senior Deputy Rubber Controller, Rubber Control Department of Sri Lanka.
  • Nataraja Vamadeva - Former Secretary to the Ministry of Transport, Additional Secretary Ministry of Trade and Shipping, Chairman of Urban Development Authority, Chairman Fertilizer Corporation, Commissioner of Marketing Department.
Pop-Music
  • Kumar Navaratnam - Pop singer.
Lawyers and Judges
  • S. Sharvananda - Chief Justice of Sri Lanka, Justice of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka and Governor of the Western Province.
  • Hon. Justice V. Manicavasagar - Justice of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka, Chancellor of the University of Jaffna and Chairman of the Commercial Bank of Ceylon.
Entertainment

• Rukmani Devi - Popular film actress.
  • Chandran Rutnam - Film producer / Director
  • Ravi Sathasivam - English poet
  • D.Raja Segar-Segar (artist)-Painter and Sculptor.
Well you need more!!! go to this site List of Sri Lanka Tamils - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Forget about high ranking officers of yesteryears.I beleive the SL army is huge compared to SL's size. What is the approximate number of Tamils in the SL army?

Param

India is your next door neighbor. By the time a PLAN fleet reaches the IO your AF, Navy and much of your Army will be gone.

Galaxy

Country flag
50 Brahmos and your Colombo will become ancient city in 5 minutes. :rolleyes:

Then within a day and Tamil Nadu police will defeat SL army and capture half of SL. (We won't need our Army).

If in case, 11 Battalion will be always ready.

We will stop China @ Malacca strait and Pakistan ?? They will surrender as usual. :lol:

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
Historically, Sri Lanka was part of India. Then North Indian went there and become Sinhalese and Tamils went there and become SL Tamil.

Tamils were living there for ages and they have all legitimate rights. They were oppressed for century by SL government. Sinhalese captured those places after 1947 when British left.
Historically Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives are all part of India why your interest with Sri Lanka only (SL was part of India million years ago until both separated)......

If Tamil came to SL they should respect and migle with SL culture. If not they can go to India. SL do not need burdens! You are not SL Tamil Galaxy so don't try to fit into their shoe cuz you don't understand it!

Tamils have a legitimate right to exist in this country but Sinhalese have more legitimate rights to protect every part of this country so if Tamils can't accept that better they go to India...

HeinzGud

Country flag
Forget about high ranking officers of yesteryears.I beleive the SL army is huge compared to SL's size. What is the approximate number of Tamils in the SL army?
Presentage is less I accept but is it not the governments' fault............

Galaxy

Country flag
Historically Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives are all part of India why your interest with Sri Lanka only (SL was part of India million years ago until both separated)......

If Tamil came to SL they should respect and migle with SL culture. If not they can go to India. SL do not need burdens! You are not SL Tamil Galaxy so don't try to fit into their shoe cuz you don't understand it!

Tamils have a legitimate right to exist in this country but Sinhalese have more legitimate rights to protect every part of this country so if Tamils can't accept that better they go to India...
May be, We will do in future. Who knows ?? 1st priority is SL.

BTW, There is nothing called SL culture. It was combination of Mahinda Budhism and Tamil Culture (Both came from India). :laugh:

Or are you Arabi like Paki says ??

Tamil will get their land and won't go anywhere. :nono:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles