Sri Lanka News and Discussions

Discussion in 'Subcontinent & Central Asia' started by pyromaniac, Mar 5, 2009.

1. doreamon

doreamon Regular Member

2. scatterStorm

scatterStorm Regular Member

Nothing beats the ironic moment caught on camera. Even the gods are nervous. This is sick man.

3. Bhadra

Bhadra Defence Professionals Defence Professionals Senior Member

Nice to know of your well being.

I have actually not understood one thing !
    If the attacks were a retaliation for Candy riots then Sinhala should have been the targets.
    But why Churches ? Why christians ?
    It appears that they wanted an anti Christian attack as part of big global Islamic fundamentalist response.

4. garg_bharat

garg_bharat Senior Member Senior Member

I think a fair investigation and trial of criminals involved is difficult in current Sri Lanka. Likely intelligence inputs were not acted upon. There may be no political will even after the blasts.

This event will dent SL economy at least in the short term. Tourism industry will be seriously affected. I guess this is what jihadi wanted.

Methinks that SL will not be considered safe for quite some time as jihadi get bolder.

5. garg_bharat

garg_bharat Senior Member Senior Member

It is pretty obvious if bombers are affiliated to Islamic State. It is likely Syria returned ISIL members.

6. Chatrapathi

Chatrapathi Regular Member

Don't forget temples in Kerala also burnt .... Kerala-commie govt also claimed short circuit like french govt ,Magically temple elephants furious and starts crushing people (99% only in Kerala no where in India),suddenly STAMPEDE in Hindu religious gatherings and etc.

There is always some foul play.

aditya10r and Srinivas_K like this.
  7. HeinzGud

HeinzGud Senior Member Senior Member

No this is not in retaliation for the Kandy incident. This is a whole new type of attack driven by Salafi-Jihadi mindset. Also they might have chosen the Catholic community because they are the least arrogant community in the country plus the killing of Catholics might make their message felt in the Western nations.

There is also an element of preemption because with in several months time a new President (most probably the hard liner Gotabhaya Rajapaksha) is to be elected. The jihadists might have thought that GR might hinder their operations.

I think you know that I am a ex-catholic who lives exactly mid distance between Negombo and Colombo in the Catholic belt. My family used to visit the Kochchikade church sometimes.

Srinivas_K likes this.
  8. Bhadra

Yes Heinz I agree with you.
    A lot of facts have come to light after the attack.
    Two very rich brothers and families organising and perpetrating such heinous crimes against an imaginary enemy is very disturbing. Salafi Wahhabism Jihadi ideology of fundamentalist Islam having transcended idea of commitment to the feelings for community, culture and nation and holding religious beliefs and goals as supreme is a grave warning to all of us.

It is going to create deep suspicion between communities,
    Another disturbing fact is the participation of the religious leader in terrorism and his indoctrination in Pakistan.
    Moors and Bergers are not a persecuted Muslim community in Sri Lanka. People amongst them committing terrorist acts as retaliation to an international event is what Sri Lankan must be worried about.

9. HeinzGud

My two cent is obviously one should not trust a Muslim however good he is. The good Muslim is the one who will become a Jihadi fuckweed later.

Sri Lankan radical Muslims are not trained in Pakistan as yours. Our bastards take the lessons from countries like Qatar or Syria.

10. Bhadra

Hanz, I too have seen and spoken to lots of them. They would agree with you on all things but in the last he would declare that "he is a Muslim, and that is the last".

I really do not understand how having fought for thousands of years with whatever they could lay their hands on, why can't the religions settle down and leave each other at peace. I think Capitalism, Left Liberalism, market economy and globalisation all have failed to make satisfactory reconciliation.

One party's tolerance is leading to increased intolerance on the part of the other generating conflicts. In your country there are alot of Catholic NGOs. I hope they play a positive role.

How are your STF guys doing ?

captscooby81 and HeinzGud like this.
  11. HeinzGud

STF is doing fine. They have a prominent role these days because the current PM distrusts the standard military sects

12. Sehwag123

Sehwag123 Regular Member

According to ET : Srilanka ignored intelligence information from India because they thought we were trying to create rift with Islamabad