Sri Lanka in N-talks with Pakistan

kseeker

Retired
Our govt is very lethargic in voicing a tough ante to SL navies barbaric acts... How are we going to project power in the Hostile waters of South China Sea when we are not able to save the lives and Livelihood of our citizens in our own waters???

We need to give a strong ultimatum to SL, If they continue to double play us, they will make India their Enemy... No pakistan and No china can come to support SL if we enforce a Blockade.. but the problem is we are reluctant or clueless on what we are going to react with this tiny troublemakers...
Couldn't agree more on this !

A nasty Indian fart is enough to blow up SL into pieces ! But the million $ question is, are our law makers would dare to even send such a signal to them ?

HeinzGud

Country flag
This is BS news and SL will not seek such a nuclear deal in near future. Even then it will be with China or Russia.

Tolaha

This is BS news and SL will not seek such a nuclear deal in near future. Even then it will be with China or Russia.
Why not with Pakistan? Atleast in the not-so-near future? The only reason you could eliminate LTTE and play cricket as well, was because of them, remember!

HeinzGud

Country flag
Why not with Pakistan? Atleast in the not-so-near future? The only reason you could eliminate LTTE and play cricket as well, was because of them, remember!
First thing Sri Lanka do not need nuclear energy in near future but will seek the possibilites with in the next 25-30 years. There is no connection between the civil war and the nuclear deal. We deal with the best possible option for the given time period. But the friendship with Pakistan is still there and we will not forget there help in the civil war. We do not forget especially those Grad MBRLs .

mikhail

Country flag
First thing Sri Lanka do not need nuclear energy in near future but will seek the possibilites with in the next 25-30 years. There is no connection between the civil war and the nuclear deal. We deal with the best possible option for the given time period. But the friendship with Pakistan is still there and we will not forget there help in the civil war. We do not forget especially those Grad MBRLs .
look we don't have any problem if your country wants to invest in civilian nuclear project.i guess for a small island nation like S.L. it will be actually quite a good decision to invest heavily on nuclear technology for power generation in the future.
but the problem will start if only your country decides to build atomic bombs using that civil technology.then we'll have no other option but to bomb your nuclear facilities just like what the Israelis did to Iraqi nuclear facilities in 1981.one thing is for sure that the G.O.I. won't take the risk of creating another nuclear armed state near its border:rolleyes:

HeinzGud

Country flag
look we don't have any problem if your country wants to invest in civilian nuclear project.i guess for a small island nation like S.L. it will be actually quite a good decision to invest heavily on nuclear technology for power generation in the future.
but the problem will start if only your country decides to build atomic bombs using that civil technology.then we'll have no other option but to bomb your nuclear facilities just like what the Israelis did to Iraqi nuclear facilities in 1981.one thing is for sure that the G.O.I. won't take the risk of creating another nuclear armed state near its border:rolleyes:
Oh a Indian paranoia. We can't help it but I do not think any current or future leader of Sri Lanka might possibly think about building nukes to wipe India out or any country out. We might think of it if Tamilnadu broke away from India as a separate nation. :p

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
SL is not part of the Indian cultural group of people even though some of them look similar at a distance and they might have some buddhist architecture etc - they are not one of us as Nepal and Bhutan are ....so no great love lost in this case

but they are physically nearby

not a great problem, INdia merely need to take some measures to equalise this !
Where do you think Sinhalese language came from?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Where do you think Sinhalese language came from?
where do you think the written scripts of the thai and indeed cambodian languages came from ?

you may not know , so please read:-
http://www.google.com/?hl=en#hl=en&...853,d.ZWU&fp=39dae0cadedc18fd&biw=742&bih=491

and also:-
http://www.google.com/?hl=en#hl=en&...,or.r_qf.&fp=39dae0cadedc18fd&biw=742&bih=491

so would you also say ( by the logic of your reply above ) that they likewise should also also be a part of the indo-(afghan)
ethno-cultural group ?

personally i would say they are not - but by your "logic" they should be

my estimation is that the language and indeed cultural similarities similarities do not qualify any of those three peoples as part of the indo-afghan group

Last edited:

nirranj

Country flag
Oh a Indian paranoia. We can't help it but I do not think any current or future leader of Sri Lanka might possibly think about building nukes to wipe India out or any country out. We might think of it if Tamilnadu broke away from India as a separate nation. :p
hmmm... you do dream of completely annihilating Tamils from the earth... that tells all...

mikhail

Country flag
don't worry,first of all Tamil Nadu will never become a separate country,not even in the next 200 years.
secondly,even if it becomes an independent country,if S.L. tries to nuke it we'll the first one to deter that action as Tamils are much more closer to us both culturally and religionwise than S.L.
thirdly i have already told you that India will never allow another country to acquire nuclear weapon in the Indian Sub-continent region as it will undermine the national security of our country.Period!

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
where do you think the written scripts of the thai and indeed cambodian languages came from ?

you may not know , so please read:-
Google

and also:-
Google

so would you also say ( by the logic of your reply above ) that they likewise should also also be a part of the indo-(afghan)
ethno-cultural group ?

personally i would say they are not - but by your "logic" they should be

my estimation is that the language and indeed cultural similarities similarities do not qualify any of those three peoples as part of the indo-afghan group
What I meant was with all cultural , ethnic and genetic similarities with us the paranoid Srilankan Govt always looks for China which is the largest suppressor of Budhism and Pakistan the paranoid fundamantalist terrorist nation.

That shows what kind of relation ship they want to have with India.

The ulterior motive for Srilankan Govt is to create trouble for the Indian Union by inflaming passions in TN in the long run with their continued suppression of Tamil race in the Island with the help of two nations that are most opposite of whatever the Sri Lankan ethnic and religion stands for, even when India offers low duty import for srilankan Goods and stands impotently as one of the ethnical group the tamils who make up a part of the Indian population gets disenfranchised of their rights in the Island nation.

before the british came in the Tamils had their own kingdoms and lived as free nation in the North for centuries.But now they are not allowed to have even police and land administration powers in their historical homeland, which is enjoyed by the state goverment of Tamil NAdu and going to be enjoyed by the newly created telengana shortly.

All the 13 th constitution Amendment which was a part of the Indo-Srilankan Accord under which India sacrificed the life of more than 2000 of it's soldiers and countless lives of Srilankan tamils to defend the Sri Lankan Unity is crushed under the Boots of Rajpakse brothers with the great Indian super power under the impotent rule of UPA watching silently.

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
What I meant was with all cultural , ethnic and genetic similarities with us the paranoid Srilankan Govt always looks for China which is the largest suppressor of Budhism and Pakistan the paranoid fundamantalist terrorist nation.

That shows what kind of relation ship they want to have with India.

The ulterior motive for Srilankan Govt is to create trouble for the Indian Union by inflaming passions in TN in the long run with their continued suppression of Tamil race in the Island with the help of two nations that are most opposite of whatever the Sri Lankan ethnic and religion stands for, even when India offers low duty import for srilankan Goods and stands impotently as one of the ethnical group the tamils who make up a part of the Indian population gets disenfranchised of their rights in the Island nation.

before the british came in the Tamils had their own kingdoms and lived as free nation in the North for centuries.But now they are not allowed to have even police and land administration powers in their historical homeland, which is enjoyed by the state goverment of Tamil NAdu and going to be enjoyed by the newly created telengana shortly.

All the 13 th constitution Amendment which was a part of the Indo-Srilankan Accord under which India sacrificed the life of more than 2000 of it's soldiers and countless lives of Srilankan tamils to defend the Sri Lankan Unity is crushed under the Boots of Rajpakse brothers with the great Indian super power under the impotent rule of UPA watching silently.
:thumb:

wow,

SIR, firstly i must express regret that if i sounded a bit impolite, it was not intentional, and when i realised it, the 20 minute deadline for editing had passed,
but it didint seem to bother you

i agree with almost all you wrote except perhaps for the last sentence

of myself i have not enough information about UPA to have an opinion, and so take the cue from the majority opinion
of this forum

perhaps it is because Sri L has a much smaller population than Pakistan,
that i see Pak as one of us but thus far didnt see Sri L in that same light ?

:namaste:

( mod: somehow the smileys i used are not appearing )

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
hmmm... you do dream of completely annihilating Tamils from the earth... that tells all...
No we do not want to do that...... the infighting between the amma and the karunanidhi is enough for that... :p

HeinzGud

Country flag
Do not blame Sri Lanka for the inability of the Indian central government to control states. If Tamils get emotional for matter like this I think in the future India will have a sour relationships with Malaysia, Australia, England, Germany, Canada etc.

Yes thats why British signed the accession agreement with Kandyan chieftains instead of Tamils of the north, that is why the Portuguese centuries earlier signed the accession agreement in Sinhalese for the Jaffna territory.

I have asked numerous times in this forum to present a credible evidence to support the so called 1000 years long independent Tamil kingdom in northern Sri Lanka but yet no one has answered. Why is that?

Because of India we have sacrificed more than 25,000 soldiers and you ask SL to held on to the 13A just for 2000 IPKF soldiers?

The Indo-Sri Lanka agreement lost its credibility as soon as IPKF has shown its inability to disarm LTTE within 24 hours in 1987. There is no say in Indo-Sri Lanka agreement anymore.

nirranj

Country flag
No we do not want to do that...... the infighting between the amma and the karunanidhi is enough for that... :p
Whatever You may say, You just sound like a racist... And I wont want to debate with a racist any more... What SL does to its minorities is just what the Nazis did... And You are just reflecting the ugly face of fascism...

Whatever infighting goes on in Tamil Nadu, Still Tamil Nadu is a part of India, It protects the rights of the minorities, people of other states live, work and settle down in Tamil Nadu, Tamil Nadu has fair and open elections, It has a high court which can declare any move by the state govt as a null...

Even though there are problems within the states in India, they resolve every thing through dialogue...

And for Your kind information, None of these existed before 1857 and we as Indians understand that we are Indians and irrespective of the differences we have, We are proud that we are a nation... And this country has Hindhi spoken by 500 miillion people, and is the official language of 9 states, And TN does not want Hindhi as a medium language. But still a Tamil can settle down in any of those 9 states, own property, enter govt services and a Hindhiwala can settle down in TN, work, earn, own property, enter govt services...

I know you will answer this with some blah blah... But I wont even look into it as you will definitely sound a racist...

HeinzGud

Country flag
^^^My challenge is still opne nirranj.... prove me wrong.....

nirranj

Country flag
ONE WORLD! ONE LOVE! ONE COMMUNITY!

how come people use such quotes when they cannot live together with minorities??? its ridiculous... either that is a show statement or they think they can use any quotes...

by the way, on the challenge, one can challenge the ghosts of the war...

HeinzGud

Country flag
by the way, on the challenge, one can challenge the ghosts of the war...
The more you and your Tamil friends run away proves that there was no 1000 year old independent kingdom in Sri Lanka for Tamils (which is true btw).

nirranj

Country flag
The more you and your Tamil friends run away proves that there was no 1000 year old independent kingdom in Sri Lanka for Tamils (which is true btw).
look... no one runs away... you first come out of your racist mentality...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles