Sri Lanka, BJP and AIADMK

Banda

My point is, Modi will define "other countries' borders" as he perceives it.

And the more hostile you get, the more you get pushed to the wall. It will be a vicious cycle, which will only drain your economy and economic competitiveness, eventually making you subservient to the Chinese (the Chinese succeeded at making Pakistan subservient to its interests). The cheapest way out is simply not to have Chinese military activity within your borders.

China will not risk its ties with India over building a military installation that would pose a "front" to India. Our trade ties with China are worth close to your entire country's GDP. The west won't come to your rescue. Pakistanis are too poor to set up anything big enough.
What is the point of asking SL to keep away chinese military off SL, when SL has none?

Banda

But he is not the type to take things lying down.

Yes, compare your muscle with Indian muscle.

Yes there were not only the anti Sikh riots and many other riots too.

But was the air force, artillery, armour, other military used?

Your allegory is as similar as chalk is to cheese.
Of course his comparison is wrong, you did not want these because Sikhs or muslims in Gujrat did not have a conventional army, air force and naval force. had these were there indain army would have to use them.

Banda

We are aren't talking about judicious use of force but use of force on civilians with vengeance.

That doesn't take away from others their asking rights whether or not they have faced something like that or not.

Hope I have made myself amply clear.
SL is not stupid and rich to waste ammo on civilian targets. SL did not bomb any civilians.

Banda

Why be ridiculous?

Tell me in any riots. insurgency, Maoist attacks any side used air force etc?
As an army man, i thought you would know better. In the Maoist type attacks you cant use airforce simply because you do not have a clear target. SL's case was different. SL was at war with a conventional army, in true sense of the word

Banda

No other Nationalities too faced such a racist Majority in their homeland. Did you forget all those Anti Tamil riots that You racists unleashed??? Did you forget the cutting of of women breasts and displaying them as trophies?? Did you forget the burning alive of a Hindu priest, the Incident which Prabhakaran points out as the one that shaped his ideas on Tamil future? Did you forget the burning of Yazh Library? Did You forget all those atrocities you unleashed before the Tamils took up violence as their only counter measure?
The riots are a common thing in any multi cultural country in the third world. That is exactly why you had massacres against Sikhs, Mumbai and in Gujarat. And currently in Muzzafernagar.

Most of the propaganda that you people are fed on are a lie.

The condition of Tamils before war was better than the condition of many low castes in india, muslims in india and blacks in USA in 60s.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
The so called killings of indian fishermen in sea is a one big fat LIE.
Then you Should Blame the Indian Govt who repeatedly saying about Killing Fisherman ..also the TN Govt too

These fellows illegaly enter our sea and steal the fish.
They do Mistakes I agree ..But Killing and Ramming their Vessel is not a Good one isn't

In a day even thousand of indian fishermen are visible in northern SL sea. It is funny the tamils in TN while crying about HR of tamils, steal their fish the same time.
we have same-thing here too ..arresting SL fisherman Crossing Indian Waters without Approval ...

Looking at the childish threats at SL, i wonder whether this is the forum where victims of childhood bullies in india find some solace
You are Just waked Up from LTTE threats ..

HeinzGud

Country flag
I think You are portraying the sinhalese to be mourning and crying for the tamils whom they killed out of no choice.
No they do not mourn for the killed. But they regret what they did. Such a thing never happened again even after so much provocations.

Since You sinhalese were the victors in the War, You can write off those Tamils who were killed by your Army as those who escaped the clutches of the terrorists in the north and migrated down south to live among the Sinhalese... Those Tamils also learnt Sinhala and merged with the natives, didn't they!!
Obviously they learn Sinhalese that is natural. Do you think people should live in their respective ghettos? And I do not meant Tamils came to Colombo after 2009. They came to Colombo mainly during 1983 - 2009. Do you think Tamils would venture out if they feel they are not safe with Sinhalese?

HeinzGud

Country flag
It started because discrimination of Tamils started long back by the Buddhist Sri Lankan majority as the Tamils proved a better, hard-working and industrious lot.
If they were hard-working and industrious lot Tamilnadu would have been the commercial, industrious and rice bowl of India. Tamils should have held almost all the higher post in Indian society.

And also if Tamils were so much hard-working and industrious lot Jaffna and the Wanni regions should have look like Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa regions dotted with temples, reservoirs and stuff. Which we know is not.

The problem was that the that Vellalar Jaffna Tamils availed themselves of the educational opportunities provided by the colonial authorities & missionaries and together with their hard work earned many government posts offered to locals by the British.
What we should consider here is the special opportunity provided for the Tamils. Despite Sinhalese were the majority.

Do you think British would have liked to flirt with Sinhalese who wanted to ousted British? So they turned to the Tamil immigrants of Jaffna who had no nationalistic feeling because they were immigrants.

The fact that the Ceylon Tamils were a hardworking class cannot be denied.because the British took Ceylon Tamil to Malay to help them run the country. There is a large population of such origin in Malaysia.
Those Tamils were brought to Malaya as coolies. Which means as near slaves. If your theory is correct Black Americans are the most hard working citizens in whole US and the white people should be just lazy idiots.

Therefore the Buddhist Sri Lankan who are the majority in Sri Lanka nursed their grouse and did all to ensure that the Ceylonese Tamils are brought many notches down. That started the various scheming methods to made it disadvantageous for Sri Lankan Tamil to the top community in jobs.

And thereafter what has happened requires no elaboration.
The peculiar thing is that those hard working and better than Sinhalese Tamils never even raised a finger against British even though British occupied their so called homeland? Sinhalese did for many times and got beaten so bad. Can you elaborate this?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If they were hard-working and industrious lot Tamilnadu would have been the commercial, industrious and rice bowl of India. Tamils should have held almost all the higher post in Indian society.
Time for you to bone up before commenting.

Tamilnadu is one of the leading States in many fields.

And they do hold high posts too. Check it out,

Rice cultivation requires a good monsoon and water. Water comes from States where the the river starts and they consume most of it.

I gave you facts that show the Ceylonese Tamils were taken to Malaya because they were industrious and diligent. I also indicated what a Chinese (who are also very hardworking and industrious) leader, the Singapore Mentor Minister has to say about Ceylonese Tamils.

And what you bring up as a rebut? Your opinion without any considered thought or on facts.

And also if Tamils were so much hard-working and industrious lot Jaffna and the Wanni regions should have look like Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa regions dotted with temples, reservoirs and stuff. Which we know is not.

What we should consider here is the special opportunity provided for the Tamils. Despite Sinhalese were the majority.

Do you think British would have liked to flirt with Sinhalese who wanted to ousted British? So they turned to the Tamil immigrants of Jaffna who had no nationalistic feeling because they were immigrants.

How is it special opportunities being provided for the Tamils by the British?

You had the opportunity and you did not seize it. The Tamils did and rose by their sheer diligence and determination.

I love that. Singalese wanting to oust British. Tell that to the Marines.

Quit deluding yourself.

Those Tamils were brought to Malaya as coolies. Which means as near slaves. If your theory is correct Black Americans are the most hard working citizens in whole US and the white people should be just lazy idiots.
Again it is hogwash swill that you are trotting out.

This might help:

The Ceylonese (mostly Tamils with smaller numbers of Sinhalese and Burghers) started arriving in Malaya with the advent of the 19th Century. They were sought after by the British to assist in the administration of the British Government of Malaya.

After the Pangkor Treaty of 1874, the British embarked upon the construction of roads, railways, schools, hospitals and government offices in the Malay Peninsula, to develop the country and to increase its revenue and the Ceylonese were brought to survey the railways and to build and man them, to be apothecaries in the hospitals, to be technical assistants to qualified engineers and to staff the clerical services on which an expanding government was bound increasingly to depend.

An Introduction to the Malaysian Ceylonese Community
and the Malaysian Ceylonese Congress

Penang Story Project
Sri Lankans in Malaysia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The peculiar thing is that those hard working and better than Sinhalese Tamils never even raised a finger against British even though British occupied their so called homeland? Sinhalese did for many times and got beaten so bad. Can you elaborate this?
Possibly because they thought they would get more justice under them and could foresee what has happened to them under the Singalese majority as is of now.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Of course his comparison is wrong, you did not want these because Sikhs or muslims in Gujrat did not have a conventional army, air force and naval force. had these were there indain army would have to use them.
If you think that LTTE had a conventional army, navy and air force, then that would be an overstatement.

As an army man, i thought you would know better. In the Maoist type attacks you cant use airforce simply because you do not have a clear target. SL's case was different. SL was at war with a conventional army, in true sense of the word
In any situation you can use the air force. You just have to see Pakistan using airforce and aritllery in the NWFP, Wasaristan and Balochistan. They are not fighting any conventional army or are they?

And you don't have to be in the Army to know that.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If any idiot thinks that india is gonna come with all guns to SL they are either stupid or just kidding. Are you telling me india is gonna risk their own armies and business interests because of SL's so called HR record?

Countries do not operate like that. there is a lot of indian business interests in Sri Lanka as well.
There is no risk to the Army or business interest at all.

Notwithstanding, war is not an answer to solve issues.

Banda

Oh really!

Who? Is it Rajapaksha, speaking with authority here?
Do you think Rajapaksa is needed to say this, read a news paper. And are you saying SLA can waste ammo on civilians?

Banda

Both harbour suspicions due to mistrust. Check out why SL's location is of vital importance!

Chinese are always constructive.
I understand geo political considerations. But i mean it is a unrealitistic if china and india ever go to war with each other and China doesnt need SL location to wage war against india too. i think the competition is in economic sector. The indian cry babies are over reactive on china. So dont make them too scared :)

Banda

Then you Should Blame the Indian Govt who repeatedly saying about Killing Fisherman ..also the TN Govt too

They do Mistakes I agree ..But Killing and Ramming their Vessel is not a Good one isn't

we have same-thing here too ..arresting SL fisherman Crossing Indian Waters without Approval ...

You are Just waked Up from LTTE threats ..
Indian central gover doesnt say any fishermen killing by SL navy, if you really look at their opinion. It is the TN state govern, TN media which say so. Even on Katchatheevu case, i hope you know your central gover's stand. Not different to that of SL's :)

Show me a single reliable source for fishermen killing by SL navy recently.

Fishermen cross the boundary mistakenly. but TN fishermen cross the boundary knowing very well. Fishermen do not mistakenly cross in thousands. Your PM, president also acknowledge it as a problem.

If you arrest SLn fishermen for crossing to your side, we have no problem arrest them and you will not see such a stupid protest from SL side. because we respect the boundary unlike you.

The claim that TN fishermen mistakenly cross is a big fat lie. Watch the video i pasted. It has tamil in it.

what LTTE threats? LTTE cant rise in SL again, the last time they did we finished it off.

Banda

If you think that LTTE had a conventional army, navy and air force, then that would be an overstatement.

In any situation you can use the air force. You just have to see Pakistan using airforce and aritllery in the NWFP, Wasaristan and Balochistan. They are not fighting any conventional army or are they?

And you don't have to be in the Army to know that.
LTTE had firepower like a small conventional army, naval force and even an air force. LTTE fought conventional warfare at the last battle. LTTE was a conventional army.

It is stupid to compare Maosits with LTTE. Unlike in the case of Sikhs and Maosits, there were militarty targets that can be attacked from air. Of course you dont have to be in the army to know that, but when a person in the army compare LTTE warfare with that of Maoists that is both hilarious and sad

Banda

little fellas :rofl: only if you has seen me :tsk:

Delusional creepers like you are not worth responding...go screw your mom.
by little fellas , it can also mean to people with a small mind with child like insecurities which is obvious in your threatening to SL.

I see you ve got hurt :)

Banda

I agree we are no position to tell you how to run your country but i was replying to a guy who came here to mock us behalf of his own inferiority complex.
I dont know about that but it is the inferiority complex of indians that is in full view here

amoy

I understand geo political considerations. But i mean it is a unrealitistic if china and india ever go to war with each other and China doesnt need SL location to wage war against india too. i think the competition is in economic sector. The indian cry babies are over reactive on china. So dont make them too scared :)
Ya economy being the primary competition. Indians' outlandish belief in the near-magical powers of a single man Modi perhaps results from high expectation that he offers concrete, personified hope to escape from the present economic conundrum. Then they overload Modi's agenda with redundant tasks like taking on SL

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles