Sri Lanka, BJP and AIADMK

Discussion in 'Subcontinent & Central Asia' started by HeinzGud, May 18, 2014.

1. HeinzGud

HeinzGud Senior Member Senior Member

Why should we? Sinhalese aren't racist like some Indians.

2. HeinzGud

HeinzGud Senior Member Senior Member

Well if you think civil war started just because of the 1983 riots, you are mistaken. Black July only aggravated the issue.

And do you think Black July riots went on for a month? It was brought under control with in hours.

I think you try to portrait a image that Sinhalese purposefully killed Tamils for joy or something. You should understand that Tamils thrived in Colombo where Black July incidents mainly occurred after 1983 and many Tamils fled from Northern Sri Lanka which they called their homeland to live among Sinhalese after 1983.

3. nirranj

nirranj Regular Member

Ha Ha Ha... I think You were the super Hero who brought the violence under control in a matter of Hours.

I think You are portraying the sinhalese to be mourning and crying for the tamils whom they killed out of no choice.

Since You sinhalese were the victors in the War, You can write off those Tamils who were killed by your Army as those who escaped the clutches of the terrorists in the north and migrated down south to live among the Sinhalese... Those Tamils also learnt Sinhala and merged with the natives, didn't they!!

Mahinda is a Fascist. And some Racists have their Shelter in Him...

4. nirranj

nirranj Regular Member

Long Term Consequences of Black July 1983

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Brian Senewiratne Is a Sri Lankan Born Australian Doctor. He is a Humanitarian and actively speaks up for the Cause of Tamils in Lanka. It is for the Many good and peace loving people Like Dr. Brian, I want Tamils and sinhalese to live together and prosper. But there are few Bad and Racist people like the one poster here and those who are at helm in Lanka and those who rejoice at killing the Tamils, I wish Tamils become Independent to live their Life in peace.

5. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

You are right that the civil war did not happen because of Black July alone.

It started because discrimination of Tamils started long back by the Buddhist Sri Lankan majority as the Tamils proved a better, hard-working and industrious lot.

I am sure no one kills for joy.

The problem was that the that Vellalar Jaffna Tamils availed themselves of the educational opportunities provided by the colonial authorities & missionaries and together with their hard work earned many government posts offered to locals by the British.

The fact that the Ceylon Tamils were a hardworking class cannot be denied.because the British took Ceylon Tamil to Malay to help them run the country. There is a large population of such origin in Malaysia.

I might remind you that even the former Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew once said
    “ In terms of numbers, the Ceylonese, like the Eurasians, are among the smallest of our various communities. Yet in terms of achievements and contributions to the growth and development of the modern Singapore and Malaysia they have done more than warranted by their numbers. In the early days of Malaysia's and Singapore's history the civil service and the professions were manned by a good number of Ceylonese. Even today the Ceylonese community continues to play a prominent role in these and other fields of civil life.....''

Therefore the Buddhist Sri Lankan who are the majority in Sri Lanka nursed their grouse and did all to ensure that the Ceylonese Tamils are brought many notches down. That started the various scheming methods to made it disadvantageous for Sri Lankan Tamil to the top community in jobs.

And thereafter what has happened requires no elaboration.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  6. Ray

Read my above post and you will realise how racist the Sri Lankan Buddhists are.

7. Ray

Your view, not mine.

Even if what you say is right that they are more concerned about ummah and not for the nation they live in, what makes Bengal different is that we do not siffer the insecurity that others do.

What has the other Indians done, which Bengal is shying away from?

In Bengal the choice is either TMC or Left. There is no other political options since none other are working to become reckonable. You feel this is regionalism? If so, how?

8. Banda

Banda Regular Member

this is one of the most jovial read. then i looked at the commentator. i was not surprised.

9. Banda

Banda Regular Member

:D

You are not a person to instruct on how SL should act. Actually more able persons in indian and SL foreign relations deal these matters in a sensible way. Between china has no bases here. This is for your understanding. It is the economic cooperation that is there.
    Between there is mre indo-china trade, so china is in india, it doesnt need SL.

10. Banda

Banda Regular Member

if china is in SL, china is in India too.

what is this such great fear towards china? when you were kids, did parents scare you little fellas showing china?

nirranj likes this.
  11. Banda

Banda Regular Member

Most of the human rights cases people in TN hear about SL are bloated and incorrect. there is no such situation in SL.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  12. Banda

Banda Regular Member

If any idiot thinks that india is gonna come with all guns to SL they are either stupid or just kidding. Are you telling me india is gonna risk their own armies and business interests because of SL's so called HR record?

Countries do not operate like that. there is a lot of indian business interests in Sri Lanka as well.

13. Banda

Banda Regular Member

The so called killings of indian fishermen in sea is a one big fat LIE. These fellows illegaly enter our sea and steal the fish. In a day even thousand of indian fishermen are visible in northern SL sea. It is funny the tamils in TN while crying about HR of tamils, steal their fish the same time.

Indian trawlers threaten Sri Lanka fisheries - YouTube

Looking at the childish threats at SL, i wonder whether this is the forum where victims of childhood bullies in india find some solace

14. Banda

Banda Regular Member

Then why do they steal their fish?

Are you suggesting horror is not a part of wars in rest of the world. I have heard interesting details about IPKF (Innocent People Killing Force) as well

15. Samar Rathi

Samar Rathi Regular Member

I agree we are no position to tell you how to run your country but i was replying to a guy who came here to mock us behalf of his own inferiority complex.

16. Banda

Banda Regular Member

If SL has no muscle to flex, why loosing sleep over SL?

17. TrueSpirit1

TrueSpirit1 The Nobody Banned

little fellas :rofl: only if you has seen me :tsk:

Delusional creepers like you are not worth responding...go screw your mom.

18. Banda

Banda Regular Member

19. Banda

Banda Regular Member

K then why so scared about who will come to SL?

How did the last one end for you? :) your PM was assualted and then again blewn off.

I guess you were talking about using an eraser and a tourist map.

20. Banda

Banda Regular Member

Then why the hell you are so scared of china in SL? :D