Sri Lanka, BJP and AIADMK

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@tarunraju

Invading any country will affect international opinion.

So, I wonder if India will want to invade any country.

There are many ways in which India can undertake what is known as 'sea control' singly and/or with others.

'Persuasive' ;) is the answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
@tarunraju

Invading any country will affect international opinion.

So, I wonder if India will want to invade any country.
The international (well, western) opinion against Sri Lanka is so bleak, that if we invade it under the pretext of atrocities against Tamil people, and continuous harassment against our fishermen, we won't have much explaining to do on the international stage.

There are many ways in which India can undertake what is known as 'sea control' singly and/or with others.

'Persuasive' ;) is the answer.
The easiest persuasion is trade. It's good that Colombo thinks it has a friendly government in Delhi that doesn't depend on Chennai. But that comes with a price. Colombo now has to choose between Delhi and Beijing, or the situation is either the same, or worse, but not better.

Last edited by a moderator:

kseeker

Retired
Don't know about Rajapaksa but I am quite pleased at the election outcome...these two-penny regional parties should have no stake in central governance. Foreign policy of a nation of Indian's stature cannot be held hostage to whims, fancies & tantrums of shady characters like Jayalalitha, Karunanidhi & Mamta. Regional parties should be just that.....regional.

Thankfully, no Bengali, Assamese or Tamil politician is going to enjoy any significant role in central leadership in our lifetime.
Absolutely. Couldn't agree more on it.

BTW, I feel that BJP govt. will retaliate against Sri Lankan mischieves (e.g. arresting Indian fishermen) henceforth if at all we see any incidents.

I also anticipate that, Swamy will resurrect the issue of Kachchatheevu in near future.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
BTW, I feel that BJP govt. will retaliate against Sri Lankan mischieves (e.g. arresting Indian fishermen) henceforth if at all we see any incidents.

I am sure Rajapakshe knows that Modi is not MMS, shackled by that harridan Sonia.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
You seem to have forgotten Pranab Mukherjee, the President.

and we are all breathing and kicking, I presume.

I presume he is not a Mongoli. :)
As long as he is President, no harm done. Everyone remembers what it was like, recently, when he was FM. MNC's were chased out through counter-productive taxation laws. Thankfully, now his role is ceremonial at best, & of little consequence (as long as we have decisive mandates for the winning party).

By the way, I have nothing against any Bengali, in person. There is simply no reason.

What I meant to say is: The demography has been altered to an extent that the "peaceful folks" would soon be reaching "the critical mass", the stage where they universally demand a separate nation for themselves.

Meanwhile, our Bengali intellectual brethren would keep electing Mamta & while ruefully lamenting that "what option do we have ?" This is, when the fact is, Mamta, like the Left, is working overtime to ensure the earliest-possible materialization of the "critical mass" for peaceful guys". The inflection point is still 2 generations away.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
As long as he is President, no harm done. Everyone remembers what it was like, recently, when he was FM. MNC's were chased out through counter-productive taxation laws. Thankfully, now his role is ceremonial at best, & of little consequence (as long as we have decisive mandates for the winning party).

By the way, I have nothing against any Bengali, in person. There is simply no reason.

What I meant to say is: The demography has been altered to an extent that the "peaceful folks" would soon be reaching "the critical mass", the stage where they universally demand a separate nation for themselves.

Meanwhile, our Bengali intellectual brethren would keep electing Mamta & while ruefully lamenting that "what option do we have ?" This is, when the fact is, Mamta, like the Left, is working overtime to ensure the earliest-possible materialization of the "critical mass" for peaceful guys". The inflection point is still 2 generations away.
Is Pranab Mukherjee alone to who brought this country to the current mess, even if he made the MNCs bolt?

Does the onus not lie on one and all of the wonderful UPA, who were spineless, to speak up against the ruins that was being brought unto this Nation and were they all not represented by one and all community and religion of this country?

So, I am afraid your contention is not quite fair.

Even if the demography has changed, there are none who can even think of wanting a separate Nation or joining another. We have done much for India's independence to allow that to go in vain.

On the other issue, since you know the option that the Bengalis have, could you list them so that they are enlightened?

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
It is true that teh South Indian parties will not be able to influence the decisions of the Central Govt, as they were doing before.

However, to be pragmatic, it is not feasible to alienate the opinion of a sizeable part of the Indian population.

There are genuine grouse in Tamilnadu over Sri Lankan atrocities and human right issues.
Oh really why suddenly Tamilnadu has awoken for the greivenesses of Tamils of Sri Lanka?

Is there genuine grouse for how TN treating Sri Lankan Tamils in detention camps in Tamilnadu?

Was there any genuine grouse for Tamil suffering under LTTE from TN?

Was there any genuine grouse for Tamil suffering under any government after 1948 in Sri Lanka from TN?

Why suddenly they seems to awoken up?

The real reason is that Tamils has got a big minority complex about Sinhalese which are smaller than themselves beat the much revered Tamil fighting group.

HeinzGud

Country flag
In fact, it's worse, because Modi has a shorter temper against shit like fishermen abduction and foreign influence, than the previous regime.
Well first of all Modi should teach Indian fishermen about respecting other countries resources and borders. Unless it happened situation will be as same as this.

China is in no position to defend Sri Lanka, if we decide to invade it. We set the terms in the 2,000-kilometer radius of Chennai, not China.

The worst part for you, is that Chinese businesses love Modi. If he decides to do something against your country, Chinese businesses will throw their weight behind him.
The thing is that Sri Lanka has no ambition to threaten India or become Chinese military base. Sri Lanka know it's role in Indian Ocean. The fact that India should understand is that the more India pushes us to the wall the more closer we get to become hostile to India. India cannot afford to have a third front in it's south.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Well first of all Modi should teach Indian fishermen about respecting other countries resources and borders. Unless it happened situation will be as same as this.

Do you Tell me that Indian Fisherman is acting cruel ..Better Read what Human Rights Reports Told About Sri Lanka

The thing is that Sri Lanka has no ambition to threaten India or become Chinese military base. Sri Lanka know it's role in Indian Ocean. The fact that India should understand is that the more India pushes us to the wall the more closer we get to become hostile to India. India cannot afford to have a third front in it's south.
You Have No Chance ...Biasing towards to Pakistan and China ..If you You well get Doomed

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Oh really why suddenly Tamilnadu has awoken for the greivenesses of Tamils of Sri Lanka?

Is there genuine grouse for how TN treating Sri Lankan Tamils in detention camps in Tamilnadu?

Was there any genuine grouse for Tamil suffering under LTTE from TN?

Was there any genuine grouse for Tamil suffering under any government after 1948 in Sri Lanka from TN?

Why suddenly they seems to awoken up?

The real reason is that Tamils has got a big minority complex about Sinhalese which are smaller than themselves beat the much revered Tamil fighting group.
Yes, they do have a genuine grounds.

It does not require the size of a country to quell a rebellion if one uses the technique and horror used by Rajapakse.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I wonder if the situation will be the same.

Modi is not the one to take things lying down.

It is ridiculous to even think that Sri Lanka can threaten India.

I also wonder if SL will have the gumption to form a third front, for if it does, it shall no longer remain any front, let alone a third!

Let us not flex the muscles when there are no muscle at all that you can flex.

HeinzGud

Country flag
I wonder if the situation will be the same.

Modi is not the one to take things lying down.
Even Modi knows whose right and whose wrong.

It is ridiculous to even think that Sri Lanka can threaten India.

I also wonder if SL will have the gumption to form a third front, for if it does, it shall no longer remain any front, let alone a third!

Let us not flex the muscles when there are no muscle at all that you can flex.
Even Cuba threatened US. So why India is any exception. Sri Lanka currently is in no mood to antagonize India. But if India pushed us to the limit, we will antagonize. We too have muscles and we too can hurt India which I believe we wouldn't have to do.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Yes, they do have a genuine grounds.

It does not require the size of a country to quell a rebellion if one uses the technique and horror used by Rajapakse.
The horror that secured the living right of 200,000 + Tamils and 16,000 LTTE fighters. Well if that is horror then what can we say about the Anti Sihk violence in 1982?

HeinzGud

Country flag
Do you Tell me that Indian Fisherman is acting cruel ..Better Read what Human Rights Reports Told About Sri Lanka
Yeah like there is a very good human right record against India.

We are proud of our human right record cuz it shows how much we antagonized USA.

amoy

The thing is that Sri Lanka has no ambition to threaten India or become Chinese military base. Sri Lanka know it's role in Indian Ocean.
Development is the defining word for Sri Lanka _China relationship.

China Company Lands 1 Bln USD Highway Project in Sri Lanka
China remains involved in almost all the large scale projects taking place. Some of the biggest projects include a 1.3-billion-U. S. dollar coal power plant on the north western shore as well as a host of other investments in the south of the country that are estimated to exceed 4 billion U.S. dollars, including a 1.2- billion-dollar harbor.

Railways, highways, airports and more are all part of this development push that has been actively pursued by President Mahinda Rajapaksa's government with support from China. Tourists from China are also becoming a major focus between the two countries.

Sri Lanka POLITICS:: Sri Lanka, China to elevate military relations `to a new level`
Describing Sri Lanka`s military as `well-trained and well-managed,` Mr. Xu said that China considers military to military relations between China and Sri Lanka `a priority.` He also praised President Rajapaksa for defeating terrorism and for achieving rapid post-war development.

`We admire your success of defeating the LTTE and the rapid (post-war) reconstruction. Within a short period of five years after the war [ended], people are now living a peaceful life. People are enjoying their peaceful lives, the stability and development. It is a great achievement,` President`s Media Unit quoted the Chinese defense official in a statement.

President Rajapaksa assured China of Sri Lanka`s support in international and regional matters such as the One-China Policy and with matters pertaining to the South China Sea.

Kaalapani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Well China has secured the Indian south. India should now learn to live with.
Nobody give a shit about shit hole lanka.

You will be crying and begging India if we start another covert operation or rake up another tamil tiger moment so shtfup and live your happy days.

One day is enough to eliminate Srilanka from the map.Dont come here with your borrowed strength from your new papa china.

There is nothing your -----i papa can do to contain us with your shitty iland.

Kaalapani

Tihar Jail
Banned

DO you think you are qualified for any kind of front to threaten India.

One Agni missile is enough to eleminate your shitty iland from the face of the earth.so keep sucking your papa china .

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Lines dedicated to sri lankans who wet dreams about opening a third front against India.

"Bones will be shattered, necks will be wrung! You'll be beaten and battered, from racks you'll be hung! You will die down in sri lanka and never be found! :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
My point is, Modi will define "other countries' borders" as he perceives it.

The fact that India should understand is that the more India pushes us to the wall the more closer we get to become hostile to India. India cannot afford to have a third front in it's south.
And the more hostile you get, the more you get pushed to the wall. It will be a vicious cycle, which will only drain your economy and economic competitiveness, eventually making you subservient to the Chinese (the Chinese succeeded at making Pakistan subservient to its interests). The cheapest way out is simply not to have Chinese military activity within your borders.

China will not risk its ties with India over building a military installation that would pose a "front" to India. Our trade ties with China are worth close to your entire country's GDP. The west won't come to your rescue. Pakistanis are too poor to set up anything big enough.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles