Sri Lanka apologises for 'derogatory' article on Modi, Jayalalithaa

amoy

Re: Sri Lanka apologises for 'derogatory' article on Modi, Jayalalitha

A sri lankan (indian immigrant) called Thomas A Kovoor proved that Sai baba was a con men. These things ppl havent heard that much.
Sai baba's one magic was holy ash. kovoor showed how sai baba did it. And Sai baba did not attend the place where Kovoor challenged he would recreate Sai's magic. Sai just ran away after he understood his tricks are being exposed. That was in early 50s. Can you imagine this sai fellow tricked millions of indians that too for decades. ?
oooops I got it another version of Falun Gong. :toilet: just looking at his pics gives me a creepy feel. can't believe people in 21st cen. still get fooled around easily.

also found the guru I mentioned with the Beatle.

ladder

Country flag

what nonsense are you talking? Did you pick up a dictionary yesterday?

Just because you throw some english words it does not become an argument. I did not give you any statistics. it is a perception. Perceptions do not require statistics. It is known all over the world India is home to (probably) most con men in the world who deceive its ppl showing fantasies. Indian ppl live in fantasies.

about the bold part, yeah yeah i am responsible for your lack of comprehension.
Perception can be wrong and in this case absolutely wrong. And you can't peddle it as absolute truth, as you have done.

And precisely thus I asked you to write multiple sentence replies to be comprehensible.

And it's what you wrote.

says an indian which is home to the highest number of fantasies and con men
Is it your 'perception' that India is home to highest number of fantasies and con men?

I am throwing English words at you? I hope it didn't hurt if those hit you.

WoW! you are a seer. You can be SL's Sai Baba. Yes I just picked up a dictionary at 50% discount. Webster's, SL publication.

Now you add " Probably" aren't you sure about your own perception.

Again, ' the world over' is it too your perception or you can prove it?

And yes every good debater has to calibrate his response for intended audience.

See, how I am doing. I was so crystal clear that you could perceive that I bought a dictionary yesterday :laugh:

ladder

Country flag

why do your schools spend time teaching differences between cartoons and bill boards?

You were talking about some arts. And cartoon and bill boards all these things belong to that.

But that was not what we were talking or what is relevant in this thread. The point is if Sln cartoonists are wrong and that shows their character for insulting a state leader, same goes for bill boards in TN. I dont think you will grasp the argument here.
And still we dont care, because what goes in bill boards in TN is the last thing we care.
why do your schools spend time teaching differences between cartoons and bill boards?
Why, yours didn't?

Cartoons are art, and used for political statement world over. And it's only meant to be laughed at.
Re-quoted for you.

Just like the bill boards in TN?
your answer.

And re-question for you

Was TN billboard a cartoon? I was mentioning about cartoons
Hope the condensed quotes, will bring the question into context. and you will be able to reply.

===============================

The point is I haven't commented about the TN billboard till now.

Did you perceive that I commented about it?

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

oooops I got it another version of Falun Gong. :toilet: just looking at his pics gives me a creepy feel. can't believe people in 21st cen. still get fooled around easily.
Indians suffer terrible existential crisis. They believe this world to be Maya/Illusion.

That would be Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, a very revered Guru. I would advise you to not insult him.

ladder

Country flag

Learn to come with an argument properly. Acting like a joke when cornered is not gonna help you. After all TN people are childish and needed to be treated with kid gloves.
Again your perception at play, You are thinking that I am Tamil from TN in India.

Oh boy, I only thought SL stock had wild fantasies but it turns out that they have wilder perspectives/ perceptions. Too off the target.

Every day I learn something new about little Lanka.

Banda

yes it is equally sad and funny how people today in this century fall for such con men. That is why i reminded the SL bashers here how india is the heaven of con men. Because people live in fantasies.

Banda

Perception can be wrong and in this case absolutely wrong. And you can't peddle it as absolute truth, as you have done.

And precisely thus I asked you to write multiple sentence replies to be comprehensible.

And it's what you wrote.

Is it your 'perception' that India is home to highest number of fantasies and con men?

I am throwing English words at you? I hope it didn't hurt if those hit you.

WoW! you are a seer. You can be SL's Sai Baba. Yes I just picked up a dictionary at 50% discount. Webster's, SL publication.

Now you add " Probably" aren't you sure about your own perception.

Again, ' the world over' is it too your perception or you can prove it?

And yes every good debater has to calibrate his response for intended audience.

See, how I am doing. I was so crystal clear that you could perceive that I bought a dictionary yesterday :laugh:
when people worship sai babas they become mentally deranged may be that is what has happened to you.
sincerely hope for your recovery!

Banda

Why, yours didn't?

Re-quoted for you.

your answer.

And re-question for you

Hope the condensed quotes, will bring the question into context. and you will be able to reply.

===============================

The point is I haven't commented about the TN billboard till now.

Did you perceive that I commented about it?
If you can grasp what is being discussed it is about insulting state leaders whether cartoons or bill boards. It does not matter whetehr TN could not find a decent cartoonist to do the job.

Banda

Again your perception at play, You are thinking that I am Tamil from TN in India.

Oh boy, I only thought SL stock had wild fantasies but it turns out that they have wilder perspectives/ perceptions. Too off the target.

Every day I learn something new about little Lanka.
I think the matter is you learn only few. Normally TN fellows are the ones who come up with such stupid remarks and cover it up with some english words. It seems it is more of a indian thing. No country in this world has people living in fantasies like india. ex: Sai baba and ever increasing number of child molesting babas and their worshippers.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I think the matter is you learn only few. Normally TN fellows are the ones who come up with such stupid remarks and cover it up with some english words. It seems it is more of a indian thing. No country in this world has people living in fantasies like india. ex: Sai baba and ever increasing number of child molesting babas and their worshippers.
If any country deludes and hallucinates, it is your country where there is Buddhist who are punch drunk in their genocidal maniacal pursuits and want to 'purify' Sri Lanka by getting rid of any one not Buddhists.

In so far as child molestation goes, you may see these articles:

Sri Lanka's hidden scourge of religious child abuse

Pahalagama Somaratana Thera is one of the few Sri Lankan Buddhist monks to have been found guilty of child abuse inside or outside the country.

But if Children's Affairs Minister Tissa Karaliyadda is to be believed, child abuse in religious establishments by both Buddhist and Christian clergy in Sri Lanka is rampant.

Yet according to figures from Sri Lanka's National Child Protection Authority (NCPA), only three Buddhist monks have been convicted of child abuse in Sri Lanka in recent history.

One of those died from poison he drank after he was sentenced for raping a girl aged 13 in 2005.

Research carried out by the BBC Sinhala service has revealed that over the last decade, nearly 110 Buddhist monks have been charged for sexual and physical assaults on minors in Sri Lanka.

Many of these cases - especially those of a sexual nature - were barely reported by the Sri Lankan media and seldom resulted in convictions.

One of the few cases that did make it into the newspapers is that of Buddhist monk and former parliamentarian Aparekke Pannananda Thera, who has been charged with sexually abusing minors.

He and another leading monk in the town of Anuradhapura, Namalwewa Rathnasara Thera, are currently released on bail in relation to the accusations - which they vehemently deny.

Tip of the iceberg
The issue of child abuse by Buddhist monks is regarded as taboo in what is an overwhelmingly Buddhist country.

Continue reading the main story
"
Start Quote

We will take stern action against any child abuser irrespective of race, caste or the religion"

Anoma Dissanayake
CPA head
Against that backdrop, the 3 May conviction of Pahalagama Somaratana Thera - who runs children's homes in Sri Lanka - has come as a surprise, as well as a shock, to many expatriate Sinhalese Buddhists in the UK.

Supporters of the monk were reported to be so convinced he would be acquitted and released that they planned a grand welcoming party for him during Sri Lanka's important Vesak Buddhist festival.

There are concerns that Thera's conviction may just be the tip of the iceberg when it comes to abuses in Sri Lankan Buddhist temples.

While in some cases monks are not directly accused of carrying out the abuses, they have been accused of failing to stop them.

Most Sri Lankan Buddhist temples have a constant stream of boys and adult male helpers who live there for short periods. It is not at all unusual for temples to seek help from youths in nearby villages to prepare for religious ceremonies and in the general day-to-day running of the buildings.

This, say critics, provides an ideal climate for abusers to take sexual advantage of vulnerable and impressionable boys mostly under 16 years old.

Traumatised
In one recent and disturbing case, monks of an unnamed eastern Sri Lankan Buddhist temple were accused of ignoring constant appeals by parents of abused children to prevent such practices from taking place within its premises.

Pahalagama Somaratana Thera
Somarathana Thera runs children's' homes in the UK and Sri Lanka
"I work as an electrician at the temple. I have been part of this temple for a long time but even I could not stop my son being abused," Susil Rohana told the BBC.

Mr Rohana alleges that his son was sexually abused by helpers and workers staying in the temple throughout 2010.

He and other parents stress that while no Buddhist monk is accused of any involvement in the abuse, they nevertheless repeatedly failed to take action to stop it and that even today his son remains traumatised.

Mr Rohana says that he has tried to take the abuse suffered by his son to the courts, but is "getting constant threats" warning him not to do so.

It is not only Buddhist monks who stand accused - about 20 Roman Catholic and Protestant priests have been arrested or investigated for sexual abuse of minors over the last 10 years in Sri Lanka.

While there are no accurate records on how many of them have been convicted, officials say that at least one accused Catholic priest is still absconding since being given bail.

The Catholic Church in Sri Lanka refused to comment to the BBC on the issue.

But NCPA head Anoma Dissanayake is much less reticent.

"I do not know at the moment how many Catholic priests or how many Buddhist monks are involved, but we will take stern action against any child abuser irrespective of race, caste or religion," he said.

'Baseless'
Children's Affairs Minister Tissa Karaliyadda told the BBC that he is "shocked and ashamed" over the extent of the problem.

A gathering of Buddhist monks in Kandy, Sri Lanka
Many Buddhist monks in Sri Lanka are ordained at a young age
"I noticed what kind of minor sentences the perpetrators are getting," the minister said. "We need tougher laws that if necessary do not fall too far short of the death sentence."

However Mr Karaliyedda rejected accusations that political leaders are trying to influence the judiciary to get culprits released.

"The president has clearly instructed us to implement the law irrespective of [a person's] status," he said.

The assistant secretary of the All Island Buddhist Council, Kalutara Somarathana Thera, says that many abuse accusations levelled at Buddhist monks are "baseless" - although there needs to be proper research on the "small minority" of monks that do commit such crimes.

Human rights lawyers such as Chandrapala Kumarage, meanwhile, argue that the Sri Lankan media are failing to expose abuses - "especially when it comes to politically or socially powerful figures".
BBC News - Sri Lanka's hidden scourge of religious child abuse
Sri Lanka children's homes 'should be shut down'

All children's homes in Sri Lanka should be closed down because of "rampant" abuse, the head of the country's child protection body says.
BBC News - Sri Lanka children's homes 'should be shut down'
Sri Lanka Struggles to Contain a Growing Epidemic of Child Abuse

War-scarred Sri Lanka is experiencing an alarming scourge of child abuse, and the apparatus for dealing with the problem, UNICEF says, is "grossly inadequate."

Every day, three to five children are raped in the island nation. Police statistics show the total number of child rapes in 2011 as 1,463; the figure jumped to 1,759 cases in 2012, according to a parliamentary report. Police records also give a total of just over 2,000 sexual offenses against children, besides rape, in 2011; child-molestation cases in 2012 soared to over 5,000, according to parliamentary figures. The total number of all crimes against children — which besides sex crimes include crimes of violence, abduction, trafficking and other offenses — increased by a dramatic 64% between 2011 and 2012.
Sri Lanka Struggles to Contain a Growing Epidemic of Child Abuse | TIME.com
As the saying goes - people who live in glass houses, should not throw stones.

sydsnyper

Country flag

While your head was dug deep in the ground, you did not realize that your buddhist temples, shaolin temples have the same guru-disciple systems.....

Free Karma

I like how these sri lankan and chinese guys make fun of swamis/Gurus, when a majority of those countries worship and follows the teachings of an older guru, whom we popularized! :lol:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I can't believe that a people, who sings paeans to their 'great civilisation' can become robotic and brain deprived as to lie supine, passive and callow when one Guru of theirs, Mao, led them by the nose and butchered an entire generation as in the Cultural Revolution.

Creepy people who are robotic creeps proves that they get creepy feeling in observing activities around the world that are not programmed for understanding in their creepy minds, that is in any case, is a wonderment in the realm of vacuous mindspace.

Forgive them Father, they do not have the enlightenment to understand the spiritual environment that calms the mind to achieve greater heights in wisdom.

Last edited:

Banda

If any country deludes and hallucinates, it is your country where there is Buddhist who are punch drunk in their genocidal maniacal pursuits and want to 'purify' Sri Lanka by getting rid of any one not Buddhists.

In so far as child molestation goes, you may see these articles:

As the saying goes - people who live in glass houses, should not throw stones.
Buddhist monks in SL are not pure, that is something every buddhist would agree. Criminals are in buddhist sangha order as much as any social institute.
But the thing is as soon as such a news of a certain buddhist monks goes public, the public shun him. Not only law takes place against him (except in cases where there is political patronage), public will humiliate and shun him.

He will not have any future as a monk again. That is not the case in your country. People will throw flowers and touch his feet even after molestations.

And about buddhist monks and genocidal bla bla bla... LTTE massacred Dimbulagala monks and killed its chief monk. but when tsunami came the tamils in closeby village got refuge in the same temple and given food by the same temple.

"people who live in glass houses, should not throw stones."

Of course. That is what i am saying here. Nowhere i say SL is perfect, but the ones who throw racist slurs and abuses against SL and its people should be taught the lesson about the hole they are living in.

Your quote is rather relevant to you than anyone else.

Last edited:

Banda

I like how these sri lankan and chinese guys make fun of swamis/Gurus, when a majority of those countries worship and follows the teachings of an older guru, whom we popularized! :lol:
This is the problem. You people mix up every guru and call con men as gurus....The point is regarding con men.....:D

Banda

While your head was dug deep in the ground, you did not realize that your buddhist temples, shaolin temples have the same guru-disciple systems.....
Rather it is you who call every con men as gurus... actually your replies prove our point that indians can be easily deceived by con men and start calling them gurus.

Free Karma

This is the problem. You people mix up every guru and call con men as gurus....The point is regarding con men.....:D
Did you miss the part about Buddhists monks and abuse in churches in SL posted above :lol:

While there are no accurate records on how many of them have been convicted
hehe

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Rather it is you who call every con men as gurus... actually your replies prove our point that indians can be easily deceived by con men and start calling them gurus.
Con men come in all shapes, sizes and persuasions.

Your President, Mahinda Rajapakse , could also be termed so.

He has conned the world that there was no genocide after the LTTE surrendered.

If SL was that clean then why Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse refuses entry to UN investigators probing alleged war crimes?

Last edited:

sydsnyper

Country flag

You completely missed the point @Banda.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeinzGud

Country flag

:sad::sad::sad::sad: Bulls eye.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles