Sri Lanka Air Force to buy FC-1

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Hmm seems like Chinese are helping you guys very well !
No doubt in this brother

without JFT.

how could we replace our 300+ fleet of 40 years old fighters.

JFT is the best thing happened to PAF in the past 60 years...

Country flag
@farhan

you never had 300 fighters, recent numbers say only 18 f-16 including the 4
new ones are operable.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
@farhan

you never had 300 fighters, recent numbers say only 18 f-16 including the 4
new ones are operable.
alone the 3rd gen fighter are more than 300.

though BVR capable fighter in paf at present are

*70 rose mirage(yess mirage..as per sipri 2011 175 sd-10a imported for jft and rose upgraded mirages
*63 F-16
*50 JFT

Total=183 bvr capable fighter

Country flag
@farhan

provide a source most sources say only about 60 planes operable by Pakistan.
for f-16's need US permission.

Country flag
India is adding squadrons many squadrons in Pakistan lack warplanes.
18-20 planes per squadron.

Last edited:

Tronic

Date posted.extract link from janes.if you doubt the source.

Again confirms from the above source..More f-16 are not linked with JF-17.
Co-production itself is a bold statement of they will nt stop the production lines after first 48.
even the 48 aircrafts will cost around 2billions USD

if the rumours are true that Egypt will fund the JFT III partially than they might see JFT in hundreds of numbers.bt that would be twice the cost of present JFT(40millions)
Look at the date on that article. 2010. That was 2 years ago, so you're not giving me anything new.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Look at the date on that article. 2010. That was 2 years ago, so you're not giving me anything new.
As if i dnt know.the reason i said date is posted.and if you want link than extract it from janes.

Though this news confirms that the order for f-16 was seperate.
negotiations must be disturbed with the turmoil.bt negotiation does take time

as i told you before expect deal to be signed around 2015-16.when the JFT is mature enough and we already have JFT II in service

Neil

Country flag
Yes

kill of 9 against russia with no loss
kil of 9-11 against israel with no loss

But according to Milton Beardon, CIA Station Chief in Islamabad at the time, Rutskoi was shot down by anti-aircraft fire from the Afghan mujahideen who then captured him after he ejected from his SU-25.
read the entire article before claiming crap...!!

Tronic

As if i dnt know.the reason i said date is posted.and if you want link than extract it from janes.

Though this news confirms that the order for f-16 was seperate.
negotiations must be disturbed with the turmoil.bt negotiation does take time

as i told you before expect deal to be signed around 2015-16.when the JFT is mature enough and we already have JFT II in service
And as I also told you before, come back and talk when such a deal actually happens! As of now, it's just a bunch of horsepukey and day dreaming. So we know there was an interest expressed 2 years ago, nothing more since than. If you want to take mere 'expression of interest' as a bar to gloat over weapons purchases, than the HAL Dhruv probably wipes the slate clean with Malaysia, Indonesia, Bolivia, Turkey, Israel, and a whole list of South American and African countries expressing interest to buy the Dhruv. But, until the dotted line is signed, such 'expressions of interest' mean diddlysquat.

Tronic

read the entire article before claiming crap...!!
Don't entertain him. He lives in a little dreamworld, not reality. The VVS could have wiped out the entire PAF in a heartbeat if that was their intended goal. The truth is that the VVS in Afghanistan was entirely built up for ground strikes, with their Floggers and Su-25 airplanes which didn't even have any radars in them. The Pakistanis didn't even have the slightest BVR capability at that time, or even an answer to India's Mig-25s as late as the late 1990s; so for them to delude themselves into thinking that they took on the VVS is a cruel joke upon themselves. Shooting down a bunch of stray radar-less and totally blind air-to-ground aircraft is what the Pakistanis consider their greatest accomplishment. :rolleyes:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles