Spy Aircrafts Of Research Analysis Wing AKA RAW..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
RAW is raw when it comes to intell................ they keep on doing research that is best thing...............

SPIEZ

Country flag
Don't worry these threads wont give too much info ;) :D :)

Galaxy

Country flag
Don't worry these threads wont give too much info ;):D :)
Yes, But you never know. There are few people who knows more than 99.99999% people (Mostly relatives/Kids of RAW/high profile people working with MoD or seen something), they might post such things for the sake of sharing and what's going on. ;) :)

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i would say that RAW has its own private army, airforce and navy, but Pakistani air force, Pak navy and PA has got ISI. This fact speaks for itself.

Galaxy

Country flag
Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA)

The Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) was created in March 2002. The new agency combines the intelligence networks of all three armed services of India (Army, Navy, and Air Force) and is the product of long-standing demands by the armed forces for such an organization and the recommendation of the Group of Ministers's report investigating the intelligence failures leading to the Kargil incident of 1999.

According to Defence Ministry officials, the DIA, unlike the previous Directorate of Military Intelligence, is to benefit from ample resources and manpower to allow it to fulfil its role.

The agency's primary task it to track troop movement in countries neighbouring India. The agency, unlike the Directorate General of Military Intelligence, is also assigned the mission of monitoring terrorist groups operating both within and outside of the country and is to have a section dedicated to gathering intelligence on terrorist groups and monitoring the internal security threat. The agency's mission is to be accomplished using satellite and high-altitude aerial reconnaissance imagery.

The creation of the DIA significantly reduces the reliance of the Indian Armed Forces on civilian intelligence agencies such as IB and RAW for information and enemy troop assessments, as was the case during the conflicts of 1948 with Pakistan, 1962 with China, 1965 and 1971 with Pakistan and during the Kargil intrustion of 1999. During these operations, intelligence products were often found to contain discrepancies.

Prior to the creation of the Defence Intelligence Agency, the Armed Forces' military intelligence capability was limited to a few Field Intelligence Units (FIU) tasked only with gathering intelligence during ongoing operations and with maintaining liasion with foreign military forces.

The head of the Agency is the Director General; the first of which was Lt Gen Kamal Davar, an armoured corps officer and former Director General of Mechanized Forces. The Director General reports to the Defence Minister and, should the position be created, to the Chief of Defence Staff. The post is to rotate among all three of the armed services.

The Director General of the Agency is assisted by the Deputy Director General. The first to hold that position is Air Marshal S C Malhan.

open source @ Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA)

Galaxy

Country flag
RAW can effort, And more resource more knowledge..
Ya that is fine, But why RAW will need private Army, Navy, Airforce ? To collect info or more info ? But That is already done by Army, Air force, Navy Intelligence wings. In addition, there is also DIA (for all 3 wings combined). What RAW has, 3 Military wings + DIA also have, Indeed much more.

What RAW can do extra ? Then what's the use of 3 wings + DIA ?

I read you mentioned Gulfstream - 3 as part of RAW aviation wing. But who knows this Gulf stream is part of Indian air force and operational at some western airbase ? 8)

Don't go with Wikipedia pages, Anyone can write anything. Even, I did many modification/Addition on many Indian related defence pages. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rahul Singh

Country flag
@ Ray Sir and SAYA.

While we remember Kargil and Mumbai, we also should not forget failed raid by PAF on 9 IAF bases during 71 war and entire Bangladesh operation. Point is the difference (now and then), earlier there was no protocol nothing whatsoever for RAW chief, he can meet and brief PM anytime he needs to, now visiting RAW chief needs appointment. Gaping holes in lines of communication, red taping, protocols, organisational egos results in good for nothing intelligence.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Don't go with Wikipedia pages, Anyone can write anything. Even, I did many modification/Addition on many Indian related defence pages. :rolleyes:
Good advice indeed.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
why RAW will need private Army, Navy, Airforce ?

To collect info or more info ? But That is already done by Army, Air force, Navy Intelligence wings..

In addition, there is also DIA (for all 3 wings combined). What RAW has, 3 Military wings + DIA also have, Indeed much more.

What RAW can do extra ? Then what's the use of 3 wings + DIA ?

I read you mentioned Gulfstream - 3 as part of RAW aviation wing. But who knows this Gulf stream is part of Indian air force and operational at some western airbase ?
8)
/
1. Which is the largest and most important Spy Organization In India ?
2. What are the uses of this aircraft with respect to Research Analysis wing..
3. What is the work of DIA is specific ?
4. What are the work of RAW in specific ?
5. What type of Gulf Stream 3 pic i posted ?
6. What you understand by Private army ?
7. How can we measure what is ' more ' or ' less ' ?
8. Only a RAW agent can tell you what is the use of other Organization..
9. Airforce use recce pods for observation also use EW pods for electronic warfare..

Army have its own Intelligence does that mean we dont need RAW or DIA ?, Even RR have its own intelligence..

Every Organization have his role, Mostly same on Field ops but totally different in Higher levels..
Just like Infantry have mortars but we do need Arty too..

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
1. Which is the largest and most important Spy Organization In India ?
Spy/Intelligence agency - IB (India), R&AW (Outside India)

2. What are the uses of this aircraft with respect to Research Analysis wing.. ?
It used to be but Today, DIA is doing all these. R&AW is involved in some other work (They take help of Spy Satellite, AWECS, Some other sources like Indian military intelligence agencies, IB and other foreign Intelligence agency like Mossad, CIA, MI-6, FSB, etc. I am sure, they must be having some own aviation for specific purpose beyond our threat/need. You can figure out rest of the things.
3. What is the work of DIA is specific ?
It's intelligence agency for Defence related work. It do all work for all 3 armed forces. Like any Infiltration, Any possible missile transportation, Any Army build up, Any new development in neighbouring countries, etc.

4. What are the work of RAW in specific ?
It's our extrenal intelligence agency like Mossad or MI-6. Every country has such Intelligence agency. What is work of Mossad or CIA or MI-6 ? same !!

5. What type of Gulf Stream 3 pic i posted ?
Same pic which we operate. But this is not certain that this is used by RAW and not by our Air force located in some bases.

Army have its own Intellegence does that mean we dont need RAW or DIA ?, Even RR have its own intelligence..
We need RAW and DIA and other intelligence agency too. All have different work.

Like DIA is involved in Military RAW is some other work........

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Spy/Intelligence agency - IB (India), R&AW (Outside India)
How these are inter-related ?

It used to be but Today, DIA is doing all these. R&AW is involved in some other work (They take help of Spy Satellite, AWECS, Some other sources like Indian military intelligence agencies, IB and other foreign Intelligence agency like Mossad, CIA, MI-6, FSB, etc. I am sure, they must be having some own aviation for specific purpose beyond our threat/need. You can figure out rest of the things.
I asked : What are the uses of this aircraft with respect to Research Analysis wing. ?

Not satalite, awecs mossad etc..

It's intelligence agency for Defence related work. It do all work for all 3 armed forces. Like any Infiltration, Any possible missile transportation, Any Army build up, Any new development in neighbouring countries, etc.
I havent asked common tasks which are same as RAW, But specific architectural use..

It's our extrenal intelligence agency like Mossad or MI-6. Every country has such Intelligence agency.
Even kinder-garden know this, What they do on Field ops ?, How they help other organizations like DIA ?

Same pic which we operate. But this is not certain that this is used by RAW and not by our Air force located in some bases.

Same pic wht ?

What is its use ? >> Criteria where it works ?

9 questions Btw..

Galaxy

Country flag
How these are inter-related ?
Yes, Both are Inter-related. For example, RAW gives some information to IB that few terrorist have entered into India through Nepal from Pakistan. IB used it's own intelligence to find such people. Like, RAW told about Mumbai Blast in 2008, but IB failed to stop due to failure of Local intelligence. like that......

I asked : What are the uses of this aircraft with respect to Research Analysis wing. ?
Well, 1st of all I am not sure that RAW has any Aviation wing ? If they have, Then it's all for satellite image, Detection of any movement in neighbouring countries,etc. Like RAW says to MoD that 16 Terrorist camp in P.O.K., like that. Rest I am not sure, Even if i want to say but, this won't be best place to talk such things. 8)

I havent asked common tasks which are same as RAW, But specific architectural use..

How they help other organizations like DIA ?

Same pic wht ?

What is its use ? >> Criteria where it works ?

9 questions Btw..
We will never able to know many things because it's not possible. Even 99% people who works with RAW don't know many things except few very top level officials. All our thought/Opinion/Sources depends on Assumption/Possibilities not on facts.

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@ Ray Sir and SAYA.

While we remember Kargil and Mumbai, we also should not forget failed raid by PAF on 9 IAF bases during 71 war and entire Bangladesh operation. Point is the difference (now and then), earlier there was no protocol nothing whatsoever for RAW chief, he can meet and brief PM anytime he needs to, now visiting RAW chief needs appointment. Gaping holes in lines of communication, red taping, protocols, organisational egos results in good for nothing intelligence.
when PM own man become head of that organisation ( he came from other organisation) then what do you expect to hear in morning briefing when PM himself cross over the border, He must be hearing latest poems from PM at that point of time, No one was punished for Kargil, worse he was not even asked to resign.

Galaxy

Country flag
==============================================

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Yes, Both are Inter-related. For example, RAW gives some information to IB that few terrorist have entered into India through Nepal from Pakistan. IB used it's own intelligence to find such people. Like, RAW told about Mumbai Blast in 2008, but IB failed to stop due to failure of Local intelligence. like that......
Than dont ask other what is the use of this or that ?

Well, 1st of all I am not sure that RAW has any Aviation wing ? If they have,

Then it's all for satellite image:shocked:, Like RAW says to MoD that 16 Terrorist camp in P.O.K :rolleyes:., like that. Rest I am not sure, Even if i want to say but, this won't be best place to talk such things.
1. You didn't even read the article before commenting, Search for ARC..

2. Aviation is related to Space ..:rolleyes:

3. Let me tell you this which no one told you is the depth of DIA compare to RAW ? its open, 20km most.. :)

4. So you cant speak, So do I ..
But hey !! It a know fact Electronic gathering.. :D

We will never able to know many things because it's not possible.

So, Now you have answered you own multiple questions..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
if intell was caught with their pants down, when kargil happen then it was their biggest mistake, they should have been more careful even if PM was crossing the border in bus, it was all drama (hallmark of political party others might disagree with me). That was low time for RAW, hope they continue to do good job and justify huge unaudited budget with no questions asked.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles