Spain orders arrest of former Chinese president over Tibet

Oblaks

MADRID - Spanish High Court Judge Ismael Moreno on Monday sought international arrest orders for former Chinese President Jiang Zemin, ex-Prime Minister Li Peng and others on allegations of genocide in Tibet.-The case against the former Chinese leaders was brought by human rights groups under Spain's recognition of universal jurisdiction - the principle that crimes against humanity can be prosecuted across borders.

Spain orders arrest of former Chinese president, others over Tibet | News | GMA News Online

hbogyt

Suspicious website. I couldn't close the window for a bit and there are many ads.

pmaitra

This is ridiculous.

Assuming this is true, if PRC gets knowledge that the Spanish High Court Judge Ismael Moreno is flying over Chinese airspace, they should force it down, arrest him, and throw him in the dungeons. These judges are a pain in the posterior, and need thorough baton charge to bring them back to their senses.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Suspicious website. I couldn't close the window for a bit and there are many ads.
Is that website suspicious ? good thing i didnt go there !
Anyway is Reuters a good enough source for most folks here ?
Here's what world renown Reuters says :-
Spain orders arrest of former Chinese president, others over Tibet | Reuters

Im sure the dragon leadership wont be having holidays in my part of the world - less crowded for us ! :rofl:
But really this news is already 4 days old in our Main Newspaper the El Pais :-
El juez Moreno ordenará el arresto del expresidente chino Jiang Zemin | Política | EL PAÍS

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles