Something else made in China – Chinese GDP

houde10000

Country flag
Armand2REP:

I just do a quick search from one Guangzhou rental website, looking for what I can get from Tianhe at 4000RMB/Month, here is the search result, sorry, i don't how to post picture here, so just leave the link for anyone who are interest.

http://rent.gz.soufun.com/house-a073/c23000-d25000-u21-n31/

Just one example: brand new 861sqf/2bedroom/2dinning/1bath/kitchen/withTV,Internet,funiture,everything 4000RMB/month with 1 year lease.
The same kind apartment in New York city, you have to pay 3000~4000$/month, in Toronto, you have to pay 2000$ at least.

You work in chinese, I guess your income is much higher than the low class worker, you spend 2000RMB sharing a 4000RMB awesome apartment with someone, I can understand, but why a chinese worker with 2500RMB income, need to rent a 4000RMB/month apartment with someone? only left himself 500RMB for whole month? you said Big Mac Comb 23RMB, 500~600RMB can only buy around 30 BMAC, how can he survive?

Man, I believe you are living in Guangdon, China, don't make the story, just tell the truth.

Anyone really want to know how Tianhe look like? find youtube 2010 Asian Olympic Marathon, take a look by yourself.

Fly over a city like Toulon and compare it to flying over Guangzhou, French streets are well lit, buildings full. I have to walk the hall to my Chinese flat in complete darkness in the middle of the night. On a floor holding 20 apartments, only 5 of them are rented. Look out the window right before the shops close at night and there are only scattered lights on here and there in the maze of highrises. Of course you have to peer through a haze to see it. I thought they were going to clean this air for the Asian Games but I can barely breath. Thank GOD it just rained. This is Tianhe I am talking about, it is not exactly the poor district.

After they pay rent, they have 600RMB to live man. Chinese workers in my company only make like 2500-3500 which is like an office wage here. Rent is expensive, like 2000RMB for anything decent outside downtown or get a roomate and live close. Anything less is a hole in the wall. I pay 4000 for my place but split the rent The one thing China got right was public transportation, the bus and metro are great. Only wish they would print the bus schedule in English like they do the metro.

For the RMB to appreciate greatly, CCP has to be willing to sacrifice exporters because they are only making ends on the margins. Raising the currency will make exports less competitive killing them. China's only selling point is cheap, and let me tell you, everything here is built on the cheap. Even a McDonalds Big Mac combo will cost you 23 RMB and you get these tiny little fries, small coke and NO MEAT. Little tiny patties with nothing there... sad. Don't get me started on KFC chicken man... it is like Chinese do not feed their chickens. No meat on the bones at all... bone and skin. Had to go to the Arab market to get a decent sized piece of chicken.

Chinese productivity is getting worse, not better. So many people wasted cleaning streets. Throw your trash down and someone with a broom to sweep it up. Why bother placing trashcans? That kind of attitiude is prevalent throughout Chinese industry. It is about mass employment... not efficiency. I will tell you why Chinese service industry doesn't take off. You can't use a credit card hardly anywhere. A society based on cash will not get a service consumer based economy. Get CCs, cheap housing, universal health and good pensions and maybe we can talk about the future of Chinese services. It is a pain in the arse just to move money in this country and financial services are a huge market China misses out on. China infrastructure is done... they do not need hardly any of the crap they still build around here. Maybe if you could teach people how to DRIVE they could make better use of it instead of waiting every hour to clear an accident.

I am here living the China man... nothing I think about its future has changed. Actually just reinforced my previous statements.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Armand2REP:

I just do a quick search from one Guangzhou rental website, looking for what I can get from Tianhe at 4000RMB/Month, here is the search result, sorry, i don't how to post picture here, so just leave the link for anyone who are interest.

http://rent.gz.soufun.com/house-a073/c23000-d25000-u21-n31/

Just one example: brand new 861sqf/2bedroom/2dinning/1bath/kitchen/withTV,Internet,funiture,everything 4000RMB/month with 1 year lease.
The same kind apartment in New York city, you have to pay 3000~4000$/month, in Toronto, you have to pay 2000$ at least.
The 4000 RMB, actually 3700+service fee was the only flat shown that I would even consider habitating. I saw run down shits for like 2500-3000 in the same area, two bedrooms. They were moldy with squat toilets, filthy nasty places. I find it funny in China that the higher floor is actually cheaper. I was like.... show me the penthouse, must be the cheapest rent! The proper rent urban Chinese can afford is anything less than 1000 RMB which leaves some percent of income to go for other necessities. You can't find a place like that around here except a hole in the wall. People don't want to live there either as everything is so materialistic. Working couples will spend the 2000 RMB to get a sizable rundown apartment even if it eats half their wages.

There really isn't any point in comparing a Western apartment to a Chinese one. In China the walls are paper thin. If it is 5C outside it is 5C inside. No insulation at all. GZ apartments don't come with heaters, just AC with a remote. You can hear people several doors down and it sounds like it is the next room. I am just thankful my building is practically empty. Water heater is junk, hot water for 90 seconds before you freeze your arse off. So much for hot showers. Forget about a dryer, don't even have a hookup for it. I just love airing my clothes in that fresh GZ scent... lol. Internet is sketchy at best. I got Wifi but my landlord handed out my password so I canceled my account when people leached off my signal. Chinese landlords are the worst man. Rip you off then won't come to fix what is wrong.

You work in chinese, I guess your income is much higher than the low class worker, you spend 2000RMB sharing a 4000RMB awesome apartment with someone, I can understand, but why a chinese worker with 2500RMB income, need to rent a 4000RMB/month apartment with someone? only left himself 500RMB for whole month? you said Big Mac Comb 23RMB, 500~600RMB can only buy around 30 BMAC, how can he survive?
They don't, they rent the 2000 rundown apartment. Leaves them like 600RMB for all other expenses. They don't eat at Western chain stores, you know everything with a Western brand is taxed by 45%. They eat the Chinese way, open market with communal dinner. King of Noodles will do in a pinch. It isn't like most Chinese eat like a Westerner either. Only the ones with money do. If you want to live a Western lifestyle in China, it will cost you Western money. And it isn't like they are actually getting Western imports when they buy it. Still Made in China with a logo pasted on. The quality is bad. Starbucks is about the only thing I would rate on par with its Western counterpart. Working Chinese will get married just so they can split rent man, these girls don't know about love. It is about money. Everywhere I go I got girls wanting to get in my pants so they can get a meal ticket. I finally found one that didn't need that, but she constantly degrades me in public. I guess that is how Chinese women get off. She won't party but she takes care of things at home.

Man, I believe you are living in Guangdon, China, don't make the story, just tell the truth.
Last time I checked, Tiyu Dong Lu was Tienhe district. Tienhe Lu intersects it. I live a couple blocks from there.

A
nyone really want to know how Tianhe look like? find youtube 2010 Asian Olympic Marathon, take a look by yourself.
Those games are over man. That place is like a ghost town now. I am only a few blocks from it.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
China's population is 1.34 Billion, not 1.4 Billion and over.

amoy

Working Chinese will get married just so they can split rent man, these girls don't know about love. It is about money. Everywhere I go I got girls wanting to get in my pants so they can get a meal ticket. I finally found one that didn't need that, but she constantly degrades me in public. I guess that is how Chinese women get off. She won't party but she takes care of things at home.
reading through all your nagging, I come to see why SHE degrades u in public.

your complaints show u don't know how to appreciate women as if they were commodities. so ???

niharjhatn

Man, the thing is not really like you image:

1) The chinese political leaders are not stupid to be blinded what you know.

2) Chinese population is over 1.4 billion, there is no enough resource to support that much people with high living standard, so China still apply serious birth control policy. But it should not be simply called One Child Policy, because in rural area, most family has at least 2 children, even in urban area, only the couples working ifor government, are strictly following this policy. In city, if husband and wife are both from single child family, they are allowed to have their second child, for example, Chairman Mao grandson, General Mao Xinyu, he has 1 girl and 1 boy with his current wife (He also has 1 girl with his ex wife).

3) As you mentioned the reason, in urban area, the chinese tradition get chanlleged, more and more young couple want to have daughtor, not son, but in rural area, peasant family still need man power working in the field, most family will keep pregnant til one son is born, naturally this won't break the gender balance. In fact, the balance was seriously broken in 90s, because rural clinic start to use ultrason to distinguish fetus gender, then a lot of femal fetus were aborted. since Chinese government strengthened management of altrasonic equipment in 2000s, the situation has improved significantly.

The gender balance problem is not a simple birth gender balance problem, it is more complicated:

eq. every year, more than 3 million chinese students graduated from university/colleage, over 50% are girl, as normal, girl is looking for a husband with higher degree than herself, there will be a problem, many women with high education degree can not find husband, and many men with low degree can not find wife.

eq. before 2009, more chinese women marry foreign men, but now, the tend is changing, more and more foreign women marry chinese men.

eq. The chinese society is getting more mature, open mind and tolerant, the sex industy get wide and public, for man and woman from different class, can easily find the sexual supply.

Gender balance is big problem, but not as simple as you think. For India, you do not has 1 child policy, but you has or you will have the same kind of problems I mention here soon or late.

4) China doesn't need that much labor, because China can not really stepover American by only making jean, shirt, socks, christmas tree......, china is accumulating fund to do industry updating, one 5th generation jet fighter J20 = 10 million jean pants = 100 million dollars, how many labor you need to make one jet fighter??

I don't expect to answer all your question and concern, just give you idea, China may not as you think.
Sorry, but could barely understand anything in your post... more lucid please?

Your point regarding the sex industry - I don't get it. The sex industry does not boost population/no. of girls....it has its own aims.

niharjhatn

Shaka,

1) That's good point: what's for to make the country be a superpower, but people has to be naked at airport!! I should ask american friend :emot15:

2) I have a question to ask you, why India get so aggressive after 1947 independant? that's not like traditional India? India annexed SIKKIM in 1975, swallowed 90,000sqk chinese tibetan land between 1947 and 1963, dismembered Pakistan in 1972, bully Nepel, Butan, Sri lan, Bangladesh, why India need to do that? to be a region super dominate power? you are already!! At least, China was no any interest to chanllege India in that region.

All because of Indian aggresive "Forward Policy", turn China, one of your best friend to be your enemy, and Indian has to suffer the airport naked embarrasses :)

If Indian premier Nehru was not that greedy, made a peaceful deal with chinese premier Zou Enlai, India can still keep at least half of ocuppied chinese land in 1961, and China won't support Pakistan in later war, India could already unit the indian subcontinent, could already be a permanent member of UN security council, at least India doesn't need to spend 20 billion dollars every year on military budget to compete with China and Pakistan.

I think India lost more than she got with her aggressive action after 1947.

I believe Indian will lose more in future if you don't change your foreign policy.
Haha, your points are so moot in comparison to what China is doing.

Example - Bhutan. Many Bhutanese democrats are refugees in India, and continually rile the government for not doing enough when the Junta took over!

Haha, you complain about Chinese territory being lost, but look at maps of India in the past and see how far the various Indian empires extended.

WE are bullying Pakistan, Bangladesh? When terrorism continually comes in from Pakistan, hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants migrate from Bangladesh...

Sikkim etc. are not made up of Han Chinese. They are made up of other races - e.g. Nepalese... can hardly be considered part of China.

Have a chat with Tshering if you want a native of the region to inform you what their sentiment is towards China

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
houde10000

Do be coherent and logical.

Your post appears mere ramblings and totally divorced of facts!

Reveille!

shaka

Shaka,

1) That's good point: what's for to make the country be a superpower, but people has to be naked at airport!! I should ask american friend :emot15:
I meant American people in America. I wont like myself to be strip searched at an "Indian" airport, whether India is a superpower or not, I simple wont accept that. If I travel to another country I should and I do look at the risks that I could be strip searched if i go to America for example.

2) I have a question to ask you, why India get so aggressive after 1947 independant? that's not like traditional India? India annexed SIKKIM in 1975, swallowed 90,000sqk chinese tibetan land between 1947 and 1963, dismembered Pakistan in 1972, bully Nepel, Butan, Sri lan, Bangladesh, why India need to do that? to be a region super dominate power? you are already!! At least, China was no any interest to chanllege India in that region.
I think you need to learn more about India. War is un-separable part of Indian history. Right from the times of mahabharat, maybe from even before that. Indians were never peaceful like you can say buddhist are. Indian thought process believes in idealism combined with realism.
I am saying this because many foreigners exhibit ignorance about India.

Regarding India's aggressive posture, you can have your views but India must follow its national interests. What does Chinese tibetian land means? How do you prove tibet belongs to China.

If Indian premier Nehru was not that greedy, made a peaceful deal with chinese premier Zou Enlai, India can still keep at least half of ocuppied chinese land in 1961, and China won't support Pakistan in later war, India could already unit the indian subcontinent, could already be a permanent member of UN security council, at least India doesn't need to spend 20 billion dollars every year on military budget to compete with China and Pakistan.
You can support Pakistan as much as you want, but you should thank us we are not supporting Tibetans militarily against you guys. I don't think India will gain anything substantial from UNSC seat.

I think India lost more than she got with her aggressive action after 1947.
Thats funny I have always thought India hasn't been aggressive enough

I believe Indian will lose more in future if you don't change your foreign policy.
Like what ???

I also hope India will have good relations with China in future. To be honest I don't see Chinese people enemies of India. They never were if you take out last 50 or so years. I dont want India to allign itself with US against China.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
duplicate........................

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I Like what ???

I also hope India will have good relations with China in future. To be honest I don't see Chinese people enemies of India. They never were if you take out last 50 or so years. I dont want India to allign itself with US against China.
There is no greater threat to India economically and territorially than China. A war has been fought taking sovereign Indian lands and every year they creep further and further while GOI plays Hindi Chini Bai Bai. India is flooded with illegal goods and shoddy workmanship which kill local industry and people in the process. It also supports the pariah states that surround India, namely the failed states of Pakistan and Burma. She also hosts Maoist training centres and arms the rebellion to destabalise India. It is time to open India's eyes!

BackToEast

Country flag
18 million cars are projected to be sold in China this year, can you cook this? 2000 jetliners are flying in China, can you cook this? More than 50 million PC were sold in China last year alone, can you cook this?

Then how much truth there is to India's numbers. Wasn't just couple months ago there was a huge controversy regarding India's GDP figures?

Don't you think any statistical numbers from a country where election votes take 2 months to count, should automatically be taken with a grain of salt?
To their standard, your must be one of those paid posters.

cir

2010 GDP Growth Rate Adjusted Up 10.4%
Thursday 2011-09-08 14:29 Publisher: CapitalVue

September 8 -- According to the National Bureau of Statistics' (NBS) gross domestic product (GDP) adjustment report released yesterday, China's GDP was 40.12 trillion yuan (US$6.27 trillion) in 2010, some 321.9 billion yuan higher than its preliminary estimate, with a growth rate of 10.4 percent, up 0.1 percent

The output value of primary industry last year was 4.053 trillion yuan, 3.7 billion yuan higher than the preliminary estimate, for 4.3 percent growth. The output value of secondary industry was 18.76 trillion yuan, increasing by 110 billion yuan, with growth of 12.4 percent. The output value of the tertiary industry was 17.31 trillion yuan in 2010, increasing by 208.2 billion yuan, with growth of 9.6 percent, up 0.1 percentage point.

Primary industry accounted for 10.1 percent of GDP in 2010, while secondary and tertiary industry respectively accounted for 46.8 and 43.1 percent of GDP, according to the preliminary calculation.

According to data from mainland China's sixth national census, GDP per capita was 29,940 yuan (US$ 4,682) in 2010.

CapitalVue News: 2010 GDP Growth Rate Adjusted Up 10.4%

cir

China's fixed-asset investments up 25 pct in first 8 months

English.news.cn 2011-09-09 13:51:39 FeedbackPrintRSS

BEIJING, Sept. 9 (Xinhua) -- China's fixed-asset investments rose 25 percent year-on-year to hit 18.06 trillion yuan (2.83 trillion U.S. dollars) during the first eight months of the year, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said Friday.

The figure was 0.4 percentage points lower than that of the past seven months, the NBS said in an online statement.

In August, fixed-asset investments rose by 1.16 percent month-on-month, up from 0.27 percent in July.

In the first eight months, investment in primary and secondary industries rose 23 percent and 27 percent year-on-year to 417.6 billion yuan and 7.92 trillion yuan, respectively. Tertiary industries saw a 23.6-percent increase in investment.

During the period, investment in eastern, central and western regions rose 22.6 percent, 30.1 percent and 29.4 percent, respectively.

Furthermore, investment in the nation's property sector rose 33.2 percent year-on-year to 3.78 trillion yuan, of which 2.71 trillion yuan went to residential housing, an increase of 36.4 percent over the same period last year.

Floor space transactions in the commercial housing sector rose 13.6 percent year-on-year to 598.54 million square meters during the first eight months. Residential housing registered a rise of 13.1 percent in its floor space transactions.

China's fixed-asset investments up 25 pct in first 8 months

cir

China Retail Sales Up 17% In Aug.

Friday 2011-09-09 16:57 Publisher: CapitalVue

September 9 -- China recorded a 17 percent year-on-year and 1.36 percent month-on-month increase in retail sales in August to 1.4705 trillion yuan, of which retail sales by large enterprises hit 690.2 billion yuan, up 22.1 percent year-on-year, according to the National Bureau of Statistics.

During the first eight months, retail sales increased 16.9 percent year-on-year to 11.4946 trillion yuan.

Retail sales in urban areas increased 17.1 percent year-on-year to 1.2783 trillion yuan in August, while retail sales in rural areas rose 16.4 percent year-on-year to 192.2 billion yuan.

The catering sector posted a 16.7 percent year-on-year increase in sales revenue to 171.7 billion yuan in August, while retail sales of consumer goods increased 17 percent year-on-year to 1.2988 trillion yuan.

CapitalVue News: China Retail Sales Up 17% In Aug.

B

billyong

If the GDP gave by Chinese groverment is fake, US will not ask , beg , threat , negotiate with china to increase chinese's Yuan at every meeting with China leader. If this still does not make sense to you, then ask yourself this question. Where are half of world's Crude steel made by china went? Hint: It made into cars,ships,planes,bikes,buildings,briadges.....

"Now they're sending us our bridges! Made in China bridge headed to San Francisco"
Now they're sending us our bridges! Made in China bridge headed to San Francisco | Mail Online
List of countries by steel production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cir

Yuan Only BRIC Winner on Resilience to Debt Crisis: China Credit
Bloomberg September 12, 2011 04:00

Sept. 14 (Bloomberg) -- China, with its centrally controlled economy, managed currency and restrictions on capital inflows, has become a haven for investors fleeing widening global debt turmoil.

The yuan is the only currency among the biggest emerging nations to strengthen against the dollar this quarter, and yuan- denominated notes in Hong Kong are the only domestic bonds among the so-called BRICs to provide a positive return. Sales of dim sum debt have tripled in 2011 and new loans in China rallied in August, after sliding in July.

Chinese markets have shown resilience as global equities tumbled 13 percent since Aug. 1 on concern the declining U.S. economy and European debt crisis will stoke the worldwide slowdown. Exports from China grew a more-than-forecast 24.5 percent in August from a year earlier, government data released on Sept. 10 showed. Italy, saddled with more debt than Spain, Greece, Ireland and Portugal combined, has sought support from the world's fastest growing major economy for its bond market.

"The renminbi remained stable versus the dollar during the global crisis in 2008 and early 2009 while most of the rest of the Asian currencies fell sharply," said Chia Tse Chern, co- head for fixed income in Singapore at UOB Asset Management, where he helps oversee the equivalent of $14 billion, including dim sum bonds. "High-grade renminbi bonds or those quasi- government renminbi bonds will remain resilient."

Dim sum bonds, yuan debt issued in Hong Kong and accessible to foreign investors, returned 0.8 percent for dollar-funded investors this quarter, compared with losses of 7.4 percent for local-currency bonds in Brazil, 7.1 percent for Russia and 4.8 percent for India, according to indexes compiled HSBC Holdings Plc and JPMorgan Chase & Co.

BRIC Beater

The yuan, known as the renminbi in Chinese, has climbed 1 percent versus the dollar since June 30, while India's rupee dropped 5.9 percent, Russia's ruble slid 7.9 percent and the Brazilian real slumped 8 percent. China limits yuan conversions for investment purposes and buys dollars to slow the currency's advance and preserve the competitiveness of the nation's exports.

The yuan fell less than 0.1 percent in 2009 and gained 7 percent in 2008, while the rupee plunged 19 percent against the dollar in 2008, and Malaysia's ringgit slipped 4.5 percent, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

Chia, who also manages the United Renminbi Bond Fund, says the yuan is one of the most undervalued currencies in Asia and policy makers will allow gains to curb inflation. Consumer prices rose 6.2 percent in August from a year earlier, near the 6.5 percent level in July that was the fastest since June 2008.

No 'Hard Landing'

China is the world's second-largest economy and has $3.2 trillion of foreign-exchange reserves, compared with a combined $1.1 trillion for Brazil, India and Russia. Italy's Finance Minister Giulio Tremonti met with Chinese officials in Rome this month, seeking investment as the nation's debt slumped, his spokesman Filippo Pepe said by phone yesterday.

The People's Bank of China allowed the yuan to advance 0.9 percent last month, the most this year, as the U.S. lost its top AAA credit rating from Standard & Poor's and the Federal Reserve pledged to maintain near-zero interest rates for at least two years. Gross domestic product expanded 9.5 percent in the second quarter, the fastest of the BRICs.

"Data is showing that the economy is not heading toward a hard landing," said Nathan Chow, an economist in Hong Kong at DBS Group Holdings Ltd., Southeast Asia's biggest lender. "That gives a signal to markets that the PBOC will allow faster appreciation of the renminbi again to curb inflation."

Greek Concerns

The yield on China's benchmark 10-year bonds rose 15 basis points, or 0.15 percentage point, to 4.04 percent this quarter, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That's 210 basis points more than the rate for similar-maturity U.S. Treasuries.

Speculation that Greece may be nearing a default may prompt policy makers to slow the yuan's appreciation, said Leong Sook Mei, the regional head of global currency research at Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd. in Singapore.

The yuan dropped 0.2 percent to 6.3991 per dollar in Shanghai yesterday. Twelve-month non-deliverable forwards slid 0.33 percent to 6.3305.

Five-year credit-default swaps on China's debt rose 48 basis points this quarter to 132 basis points, while swaps for Italy jumped 334 to 506, according to CMA, which is owned by CME Group Inc. and compiles prices quoted by dealers in the privately negotiated market. Moody's Investors Service rates China one level lower than Italy at Aa3. The derivatives contracts are used to insure debt against default and traders use them to speculate on credit quality.

Bank Profits

Dim sum bond sales doubled to 19.5 billion yuan ($3 billion) last month, from July's 9.5 billion yuan, as regulators said they will ease transfers of funds into China. Sales have totaled 117 billion yuan this year from 35.7 billion yuan in 2010. Air Liquide SA, the world's biggest producer of industrial gases, issued 2018 yuan debt at 3.95 percent on Sept. 9, while Hainan Airlines Co. sold 2014 notes at 6 percent on Sept. 8.

New loans in China rose 11 percent in August to 548.5 billion yuan ($86 billion), after dropping 22 percent in July.

China's five biggest banks posted first-half profits that surpassed the total of their 14 largest U.S. and European rivals. Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd. said on Aug. 25 that net income rose 29 percent to a record $17 billion, pushing the combined profits of the nation's biggest banks to $57 billion. Industrial earnings gained 28 percent in July from a year earlier, the National Bureau of Statistics reported on Aug. 27.

More Investment

Foreign direct investment in China added $8.3 billion in July, boosting the total amount to $69.2 billion in 2011. Exports grew 24.5 percent in August from a year-earlier, exceeding the 21.9 percent median in a Bloomberg News survey of economists.

Vice Premier Li Keqiang pledged on Aug. 17 that regulators will encourage foreign direct investment in yuan and draft rules were published four days later explaining the approval process for bringing funds across the border into the mainland.

"There's a lot of confidence in yuan appreciation," said Andy Ji, a currency strategist at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in Singapore. "New measures are relaxing a lot of capital controls between onshore and offshore."

The yuan will probably appreciate 1.6 percent to 6.30 per dollar by the end of 2011, according to the median estimate of 23 analysts in a Bloomberg News survey.

'Strong Currency'

Ji, whose Sydney-based bank had the most-accurate forecast for the yuan in the six quarters through June, predicts a 1.9 percent jump to 6.28 per dollar by Dec. 31. The yuan's "fundamental value" is 5.5, a level it should reach within five years, he said. DBS is predicting the currency to end 2011 at 6.30.

"I expect the yuan will be a strong currency as China's economy continues to grow and inflation is under control," Yim Fung, chief executive officer of Guotai Junan International Holdings Ltd., a unit of China's second-largest brokerage, said in an interview on Sept. 7. "The yuan will also strengthen on a relative basis given Europe's debt crisis and the slowdown of the U.S. recovery."

--With assistance from Fion Li in Hong Kong. Editors: Sandy Hendry, Emma O'Brien

Yuan Only BRIC Winner on Resilience to Debt Crisis: China Credit

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Indians often accuse China playing the number game and cooking up stats, but in truth is no one cares more about GDP figure than the indians themselves. When sales of cars, computers, houses and everything else including food items only linger at a fraction of China's, its doesn't matter whether you have a trillion dollar GDP or a 10 trillion dollar GDP.
Hmmm - let's see, China has 14% of the world poor, compared to India's 25%. But, wait, India's poverty estimates are done by foreign (World Bank) organizations using international indices, China's are done by CCP/ Chinese govt using their own indices. Which, according to poverty study experts, are grossly inaccurate and under-report poverty in China. The actual figure might be closer to 20%.
Considering China had opened it's economy to the west 15 years before India, their poverty decrease started 15 years before India's.
So? What's your big point?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles