Some of you may enjoy this

trackwhack

As much as I hate Kissinger (he deserves to be skinned down, not patted down), the TSA is such a retarded bunch. Why can they not keep dignitaries out of this mess?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
As much as I hate Kissinger (he deserves to be skinned down, not patted down), the TSA is such a retarded bunch. Why can they not keep dignitaries out of this mess?
TSA is a constant embarrassment, but once in a while they provide some laughs. At least this time it wasn't a 7 year old girl in leg braces.

pmaitra

Seriously, does it look like Henry Kissinger would blow up a plane with bombs? Even if he were not a dignitary, he is just to old to do such things.

Well, TSA is doing its 'job.'

ejazr

Ambassador
Current Airport security methods have always been a good thing to debate about.

According to one study, the cost of just the extra waiting is about $10 Billion / year for the US economy without the terrorists achieving any sucessful terrorist plot post 9/11

Schneier had a debate with a TSA administrator on this same topic on the Economist in march that people might find it to be an interesting read
https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2012/03/harms_of_post-9.html
Economist Debates: Airport security: Guest
Economist Debates: Airport security: Statements

Although, I must say that the TSA administrator was at a disadvantage because of all the negative feedback people wanted to give given their experience with the TSA. Still the points made is worth noting

Global Defence

New threads

Articles