Somali pirates using Pakistani arms: Indian Navy

venkat

what apprehension i expressed some time ago of a possible link between pak ISI and the so called somali pirates to target indian vessel in the high seas near somalia, the same was repeated by the ex -chief of indian army General (retd) Shankarroy chowdhury in an article published in DC a week ago, that IN has an LOC with PAK shifted near somalia! when i expressed that opinion i was brushed aside with such above comments and i was just reading the above article in DC with disbelief! i just saw a news item in Timesnow channel that somali/qaeda operatives are going to target indian vessels in the coming weeks!

The title of the article is " WILL GULF OF ADEN BE A NEW LOC FOR NAVY?" page 10,
8th sept.2009, Deccan chronicle, Hyderabad edition

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
:bump2:

Somali pirates' Pakistan link confirmed

Ankur Jain, TNN | Aug 27, 2011, 01.12AM IST
AHMEDABAD: It is now official: Somali pirates are being trained in Pakistan to carry out a proxy war against India.
Though Indian security agencies had been hinting at a Pakistani link to Somali pirates for long, material evidence to support this assertion has been recently recovered. The evidence was obtained from nine foreign nationals caught from a hijacked Iranian vessel - MV Nafis-1, by the Indian Navy 170 nautical miles off Mumbai on August 14.
Full article:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...es-Pak-link-confirmed/articleshow/9751365.cms

Might explain the recent behavior of PNS Babur ;)

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
the best thing would be to give them the same treatment as army gives paki terrorist in kashmir instead of bringing them to india and giving them trials.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles