So I was listening to Rahul Gandhi this morning( my time)

JayATL

first, the guy looks like he is a baby, so young? what is he under 30?

secondly, and allow me to preface this, I grew up in India , spoke and speak Hindi ( though rarely because I'm not exposed to speaking it as much in the US, actually maybe once a year). ----But I can't understand the Hindi spoken by politicians, hell for that matter, most folks on TV.

Now I left India over 2 decades ago, my family is still in India, my question is, is this some different Hindi now being spoken? is my form of Bombay Hindi only spoken by rickshaw guys and me :)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Kasa kaye porga?

Give us the link to what baby faced was saying and we will give you are honest opinion.

JayATL

It was live doordarsan English channel- something about CRPF inauguration is all I could understand.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Jay, you can look up in YouTube and find some speeches by Indian politicans. You can post a video here that has more or less the same language, dialect or accent that you heard. That will help you get an accurate answer.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
first, the guy looks like he is a baby, so young? what is he under 30?
He is over 40. But he has an IQ of a baby.

my question is, is this some different Hindi now being spoken? is my form of Bombay Hindi only spoken by rickshaw guys and me :)
The form of Bombay Hindi "Bambaiya" is spoken only in Bombay. Official speeches are in chaste hindi, which has a more sanskirtised vocabulary as compared to the normally spoken Hindi(Hindustani).

Thread shifted to members corner.

Kyubi

Country flag
In one of the his attempt to sound intelligent, he spoke about energy in the rivers :noidea: what did he mean by it, he seems to have no clarity on his thoughts, he is always grappling for the right words to express himself, which could have been accepted provided he spoke sense. Unfortunately he is really dumb. No wonder from now onwards Congress party is goin to review his speech before he blurts out unintelligent words. Apparently congress has roped in a japanese firm Dentsu India to do an image makeover and take over his FB and Twitter accounts.. Its pathetic to see a man who cannot form his own thoughts is being pushed in the forefront to be next prime ministerial candidate :toilet::frusty::hair: Lets hope that our countrymen are not as dumb as the congress party thinks it is..

Congress ropes in Japanese firm for R 500 cr makeover for Rahul Gandhi - daily.bhaskar.com

Last edited by a moderator:

northernarunachalpradesh

In one of the his attempt to sound intelligent, he spoke about energy in the rivers :noidea: what did he mean by it, he seems to have no clarity on his thoughts, he is always grappling for the right words to express himself, which could have been accepted provided he spoke sense. Unfortunately he is really dumb. No wonder from now onwards Congress party is goin to review his speech before he blurts out unintelligent words. Apparently congress has roped in a japanese firm Dentsu India to do an image makeover and take over his FB and Twitter accounts.. Its pathetic to see a man who cannot form his own thoughts is being pushed in the forefront to be next prime ministerial candidate :toilet::frusty::hair: Lets hope that our countrymen are not as dumb as the congress party thinks it is..

Congress ropes in Japanese firm for R 500 cr makeover for Rahul Gandhi - daily.bhaskar.com
People LeT 'approached' linked to cops - The Times of India

500cr + money spent on this fraud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles