Snipers & Sniper Tactics: Photo & Discussion..

niharjhatn

IMO Barrett is the coolest sniper in the world... i mean, a .50 cal round? Out of this freakin world :D

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Unfortunate of him to say that.
During my time we were dropping targets on the LOC at over 1000 mtrs with LMGs (single fire mode), Dragnovs and .50 cal HMGs (single shot).
We even got a 14.5 mm Dishka fitted with a telescope and hit vehs on a road 3 km away.
(But only crazy officers like me did all this :D)
Barrett M82 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is a widespread misconception that a number of treaties have banned use of the .50 BMG against human targets, and recruits have been advised by generations of drill instructors to only aim a .50 BMG at an enemy soldier's web gear or other equipment worn on his body.[citation needed] However, the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's office has issued a legal opinion that the .50 BMG and even the Raufoss Mk 211 round are legal for use against enemy personnel.
I heard that stupid remark many times.:)

lemontree

Professional
Why is that our Paramilitary and counter insurgency forces use snipers as a effective tool .Taking on high value insurgents can make a huge psychological impact
The answer to "your" solution can be found if you try and go hunting for a leopard (or a similar predator), at night in a dense forest.

The animal hides in the day and hunts at night.

niharjhatn

Wow...I did not know that

We can not get politically correct while training our men, it will only confuse them :D
The thing is a 50 cal round will rip a man in half. It makes it more difficult to count the number of enemy combatants killed after an encounter. :D

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Sergeant Eric Fraser and Sergeant Aaron Martin, scout snipers, Ground Combat Element, Black Sea Rotational Force 12 practice marksmanship skills with soldiers from the Israeli Defense Force during Exercise Noble Shirley in Tel Aviv, Israel July 11. Noble Shirley is an annual exercise designed to exchange ideas, improve interoperability, understanding and cooperation between the Israeli Defense Force and U. S. military. Black Sea Rotational Force 12 is a Special-Purpose Marine Air-Ground Task Force with crisis response capabilities deployed to the Black Sea, Caucus and Balkans region to enhance interoperability and promote regional stability.

From MP.net..

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
The answer to "your" solution can be found if you try and go hunting for a leopard (or a similar predator), at night in a dense forest.

The animal hides in the day and hunts at night.
Does the paramilitary especially crpf uses snipers coz I never saw any with them.does the army have dedicated sniper teams just like us marine snipers who work in two man teams and does deep penetration works?or it is in a way where there are snipers associated with infantry units in just support roles only ?

boris

Country flag
All those interested in Snipers,download the series called "Top Sniper" via torrents.it is in 4 parts and the topic is about the International Sniper competition conducted by the US Army.It focuses on snipers in Urban combat,stealth,long range shooting.Not only will you get to see cool things but at the same time will learn a hell lot about sniper tactics,technology,weapons,ballistics.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
All those interested in Snipers,download the series called "Top Sniper" via torrents.it is in 4 parts and the topic is about the International Sniper competition conducted by the US Army.It focuses on snipers in Urban combat,stealth,long range shooting.Not only will you get to see cool things but at the same time will learn a hell lot about sniper tactics,technology,weapons,ballistics.
Top Sniper Videos : Rifle, Military, Training : Military Channel

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Re: Canadian sniper, CFB Dundurn, Sask

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles