Smart Ammunition by DRDO

sasi

Adrushy MK-I
This munition provides full-width attack capability against the moving tanks unlike the conventional pressure-actuated munitions, hence more lethal.This munition consists of a magnetic sensor to detect the vehicle in the proximity. To make the munition more difficult to breach by the magnetic signature duplicator, seismic-cum-magnetic mode of operation is provided. Tank trawl discrimination has beenincorporated. Being a sophisticated munition, self-neutralisation has been
incorporated with reusable feature. Flexibility has been provided for selection of theself-neutralisation period depending o the tactical requirement of the munition field. This munition is safe tohandle and also during laying, as it consists of electro-mechanical safety device with 1 h arming delay.This munition is both waterproof and shockproof. This munition is indomitable with capability of armour penetration– 90 mm causing ‘K’ kill. Technologies established during the development of
the store are passive magnetic sensor to provide fullwidth attack capability; smart fuze with field-settable SN
period up to 160 days; and tank trawl discrimination capability, safety and armingdevice (elctromechanical timer), antitilt
device, armour penetration up to 90 mm through shapedcharge warhead. It has undergone users trial successfully
and 5500 numbers were productionised. Munitions were used during operation Parakram in 2002 successfully and
commendation from Army HQ.

sasi

Adrushy MK-II
Another good example of the sensored smart munition is antitank Adrushy MK-II. Technology breakthrough has been achieved by developing active sensor based on the smart fuze which is brain of the Adrushy munition MK-II for the first time in India. This has added feather in the capof India Army. The productionisation of these munitions will make us self-reliant and will save foreign currency to the extent of more than 100 crore. This munition discriminates the tank-trawl/plough, track and wheeled vehicles, also has survival capability against blast of CLMC (V) and 100 per cent performance
against tanks. The state-of-the-art fuze has been developed consisting of active sensor and microcontroller-based signal processor. The active sensor consists of a set of transmitter and receiver coils, initially in balanced condition. When
tank passes over it, the balance gets disturbed and in turn generates voltage across the receiver coil. This signal
forms the signature of the target. The signature collection was done through the field trials. The software has been
developed for analysing the signature and for taking appropriate decision for firing the munition. This makes the fuze smart.
Successful development of this smart influence Adrushy munition MK-II by ARDE has made India proud and at par with the world market. Technologies established during the development of the store are: (a) active sensor based on induction balance principle, and (b) smart fuze microcontroller-based software to determine the exact instant of firing under tank, to provide discrimination between track and wheeled vehicles, and survival against CLMC(V). Users trial work done successfully and inducted into Services. Order quantity of 20,000 has been placedby the Army.
~
ANTITANK SCATTERABLE MUNITIONS
Remote delivery systems deploy large number of scatterable munitions from the air, which automatically activate as
these hit the ground. Even these smart munitions are indispensable weapons of war. Under this categoryof antitank remotely delivered sub-munitionsfor 122 mm rocket and Pinaka rocket have been developed and areunder evaluation phase. This sub-munition consists of miniature passive magnetic sensor for detection of the vehicle which provides full-width attack capabilities. Electronic timer generates the set SD period. As per Geneva protocol, a self-deactivation facility has also been provided as a backup. Vertical landing is ensured with the help of pyrocutter device and 6 legs arrangement. Handling and operational safety has been provided through safety arming device.
/

Abhi9

Country flag

May be an Indian product like hell fire

Abhi9

Country flag
CLGM is Modified LAHAT a JV with Israel.
i knew about the CLGM but the above product has the capability to be fired from multiple platform, it can be added to LCH or RUDRA armoury as it is tube based.like helina which is launched from tube from RUDRA

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i knew about the CLGM but the above product has the capability to be fired from multiple platform, it can be added to LCH or RUDRA armoury as it is tube based.like helina which is launched from tube from RUDRA
yeah, its new name is CLGM (cannon launch guided missile). Actually you can put it on the side cart of bullet motor cycle, with the cannon shown in the pic. Very good for Chines border where roads are not very good for movement of vehicles.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Yes I have been hearing about this smartness and reading such articles for last 35 years...
What now ?
Another 35 years !!

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Yes I have been hearing about this smartness and reading such articles for last 35 years...
What now ?
Another 35 years !!
sir i heard they are going to bring in foreign generals and officers to operate foreign mall. What is the truth in this report ?

Abhi9

Country flag
What now ?
Another 35 years !!
If you have been reading them for 35 years, you can probably compare the technology base in INDIA 35 years and Now. Technology doesn't just fall out, it has to be either borrowed or developed. Nobody gave us that much and it takes time for development. Now things are materializing faster now, as compared to the time 15 -20 years ago.

Reactions: uss

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
sir i heard they are going to bring in foreign generals and officers to operate foreign mall. What is the truth in this report ?
Sir, had they desired it they would have done it 35 years ago..

Belive me DRUDS are working on smart fuzes (which makes smart munition) for last 35 years but have not been able to make even a simple smart mortar fuze...

They have been selling dreams and Indian Army generals have been contend dreaming.... slumbering... Ha.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Minimum range is 1.5 Km ??? Then it is useless.

The real visual range of a man gets burred at 1.5 km. The DRUDs want me to fire beyong 1.5 km where I can not see anything. How will I fire it on a house, bunker fortifications and how will I use it in Cities?

bhramos

Country flag
Minimum range is 1.5 Km ??? Then it is useless.

The real visual range of a man gets burred at 1.5 km. The DRUDs want me to fire beyong 1.5 km where I can not see anything. How will I fire it on a house, bunker fortifications and how will I use it in Cities?
i feel this is just another wet dream to get more Funds on name of smart from MOD..............

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
i feel this is just another wet dream to get more Funds on name of smart from MOD..............
Unless they are making for IAF !!

For Army, it is reject !

For firing it on a house, I will have go 1.5 km away... and then what is the surity of hit ??

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Hi, So you again spreading BS propaganda of yours ?

Indian Army use 120mm so does 81mm mortar and use electronic radio fuses told and explained by Ray sir in another thread, Where you claimed before that radio fuses are not electronic ..

You want to repeats this again ??

Sir, had they desired it they would have done it 35 years ago..

Belive me DRUDS are working on smart fuzes (which makes smart munition) for last 35 years but have not been able to make even a simple smart mortar fuze...

They have been selling dreams and Indian Army generals have been contend dreaming.... slumbering... Ha.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
For all minimum distance 1.5km is GSQR requirement which is copy pasted in Posters..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles