Small arms of India

mohitbhagat

Country flag
This is from the article
"While Viper has proved its accuracy from a distance of more than 1,000 metres, Saber has proved it on a 1,500 metres range. The Minute of Angle (MoA), which is used to measure the accuracy of rifles, the firm claimed, is best in the class, comparable to global weapons."

They also claim they have already tested the weapons in the US, where it met all requirements.
I was asking about ishapore rifle..... SSS claimed that their accuracy of sniper rifles are sub moa, so that's good

Noname34

Country flag
That armed Force isn't Indian Army . Under MHA we may see CRPF etc at most going for these.

Indian Army is going for Sig and Ak 203 only carbine is still in question May be there OFB could score but their poor quality control issue may work against them.

I hope BSF also gets Sig and Ak 203 instead of relying on OFB rifles.
The people here seem to be missing the point, OFB's problem never was making a couple of rifles to pass trials. That they could do.
But the indian military cannot fight with just 5 rifles.

And here is where OFBs problems come to the fore, i.e. mass manufacturing.

After what they've done, they don't deserve to make handkerchiefs for the military let alone rifles.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
So apparently the sniper rifles developed by sss defence is mark 4 version, and they are already building on it ,mark 5 design is done and they are working on mark 6 right now ,so he says that by the next year we might have completely different rifle from this one.

I hope they come up with world class sniper rifles which can compete globally.
Boy we would we relieved of these gazillion types of guns running around in India right now.
True Infact the thought that one day Indian guns could be selling like hot cake in USA gives goosebumps.

INSAS have brought international shame Kargil Nepal and then UPA decision not to supply Royal army if Nepal ammunition and helping Maoist was pure evil.

Anyway INSAS are done and dusted for army.

AK - 203 and SIG 716 seems to be the future.

Hope SSS comes up with Sig replacement too in Future.

Caracal carbine are over now ? These dumbos will spend years in proposal making but question the ability of a company to produce rifles on time.

Classic chutzpah

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
True Infact the thought that one day Indian guns could be selling like hot cake in USA gives goosebumps.

INSAS have brought international shame Kargil Nepal and then UPA decision not to supply Royal army if Nepal ammunition and helping Maoist was pure evil.

Anyway INSAS are done and dusted for army.

AK - 203 and SIG 716 seems to be the future.

Hope SSS comes up with Sig replacement too in Future.

Caracal carbine are over now ? These dumbos will spend years in proposal making but question the ability of a company to produce rifles on time.

Classic chutzpah
Not SSS’s fault, but they missed the bus on assault rifle for IA.

There won’t be another assault rifle tender for next decade.

If they want to stay in the game, they will have to focus on exports and accessories for assault rifles in IA inventory(current & future). Accessories have equal or more monetary value than the assault rifle itself.

They know this, hence the focus on sniper rifle tender..

Daisy

They must have got it from anantagiri naxals during their surrender. :bounce::bounce::bounce:
Those aren't recovered weapons.
I couldn't hold anyone of those displayed rifles , they were heavy.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Kolkata Police COMBAT/QRT Commando Arsenal M1F41 + FAB DEFENSE Accessories + FALKE Sight FAB Modified Bulgarian & Romanian AKM clones look same but in Bulgarian Arsenal there is milled receiver & 90° Gas block while in Romanian Pm Md the receiver is stamped & 45° Gas block.

Daisy

Naughty naughty, couldn’t hold the pistol without putting the finger on the trigger ha!!!

The itch to hold the trigger!! ;)
Tried pulling the trigger. I couldn't.
Please enter 30 characteristics.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles