Slipper thrown at Roy fetches Rs 1 lakh

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
good news guys:

Slipper thrown at Roy fetches Rs 1 lakh- Hindustan Times

When Arundhati Roy visited the Delhi University campus on February 13, she was greeted with a slipper thrown by student group Youth Unity for Vibrant Action (YUVA). The slipper was auctioned for Rs 101, 000 at Jantar Mantar on Thursday.

“When Arundhati Roy came to our campus, a member named Asif Kumar threw his slipper at her to protest her statement that Kashmir should be given to Pakistan. Her statement is against our national interest,” said Jairam Pandey, national convenor, YUVA.

The slipper was bought by businessman Amitabh Kumar. “I was in Connaught Place for a meeting, when I went for a walk to Jantar Mantar after lunch. There I saw a demonstration by YUVA activists, who were auctioning the slipper,” he said.

“I feel she is a traitor to our nation, so despite the steep price, I bought the slipper thrown at her. I am now going to go on eBay and auction it off. Even if I do not recover the money, I do not care, as it was done for the pride of my nation,” he added.

A.V.

sir i dont understand why some of the educated elites have to come up with such stupid statements from time to time.
everybody wants a proper solution to the whole kashmir issue but why such a statement i dont understand ,maybe to hog the limelight from time to time, i respect arundhuti roy and her work but i am sorry to see such a statement coming from her.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Buddy madam arundhati has serious issues. If you read her articles you will feel like everything is wrong with India. Unfortunately as we are democracy we have to tolerate everyone. Good to see somebody has shown her the mirror

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
i have my reservations on what Ms Roy has to say on kashmir as i see that one state very important and crucial to a secular unified india, but still no matter how much one could differ with her, there is no way all these "shoe/slipper" throw acts need to be endorsed as acts of making protests felt, and then be highlighted all over the media. we all live in a dignified world where people are bound to have differing views which need to be listened to and above all we are a democracy where our constitution gives every indian a right to freedom of speech, and since she doesnot form a part of any meaningful power structure of india, such statements are rather insignificant to go bonkers about.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles