Sikh professor attacked in New York in alleged hate crime

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
americans are dumb and racists :sick:

god darned white apes
Most of the attacks are done because of inferiority complex by some those who see everything in terms of Race and think that all other nations are inferior to them . SIkhs are different from Middle eastern Muslims about which everyone is aware worldwide . These attacks are mainly linked to race and financial status .

Waffen SS

I really dont care, they are not Indian perhaps American so let them live in the American dream.

All though this type racist attacks are bad it is good to India, Indians are opportunistic they wave flag for India when India beats Pakistan in cricket but are ready to leave India, when Anna Hazare made anti-corruption movements, many supported, offer them to bribe personally they will accept.

Brain drain stops Indian development from achieving better goal.

Why he did not stay in India and work to develop Indian science? Why leave motherland for personal opportunities? Those people who leave motherland and settle abroad permanently deserve this.

More this type of attacks in Europe or North America on Sikhs and other Indians, more they will be less interested to move there and leave India, so then they will concentrate to work in India instead. More this it will seem to them may be I get better opportunities there and but I am not safe there, so staying in India is better. Fear will grow among those who wants to leave India for abroad. More better fortune for us.

Every year hundreds of Engineers, doctors move to other country. Why? Lack of patriotism, they deserve this.

They were educated by Indian public's tax money in return they should do something for India, and they pay their gratitude in this way by leaving India doctoring in foreign countries while poor die due to lack of proper treatment?

After all it is our hard earned money that educate them, so if they leave it is harmful to us. We pay tax so Government can make doctors etc. And if they leave India then why we paid those taxes?

It is simple like this, we need to be more realistic than idealistic, every possible way to counter brain drain and to preserve India's National interest.

Beside this more this type on Sikhs, it will appear that Sikhs are not safe outside India like Khalistanis claim, India is worst place of Sikhs as 1984 happened, so we need more this type attack to prove Sikh diaspora's these type claims stupid. After all it is Sikh diaspora who always cry about Khalistan.

http://thediplomat.com/indian-decade/2012/08/07/why-india-shouldnt-criticize-u-s-on-sikh-shooting/

You see this? Just one example.

I know it may get deleted, but be more realistic. Have foresight instead becoming bleeding heart liberals for your own country and your better future.:wakeup:

If any one gets hurt by this, I am sorry but tit for tat. National interest is above all.

Staying in Foreign countries permanently having better condition than average country man and showing fake concern about India in internet? Living in developed country and shedding crocodile's tear about India's poor? Please stop this hypocrisy. I cant tolerate it. :tsk::mad:

If any one has minimum sense of reality they will agree with me. Period.

Last edited:

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Staying in Foreign countries permanently having better condition than average country man and showing fake concern about India in internet? Living in developed country and shedding crocodile's tear about India's poor? Please stop this hypocrisy. I cant tolerate it. :tsk::mad:

If any one has minimum sense of reality they will agree with me. Period.
Indians be anywhere on this planet are Indians only and even if Indians would go on Mars , they will not forget their motherland and its the same applied for other nations .

Staying in foreign countries and from there casting their votes shows that they are part of the Indian mainstream .. Seems you never understood why Indians abroad cast their vote .

Blackwater

why the hell sardarji decided to have walk late night alone keeping in mind he looks like an arab ?
?

i feel sardar is attacked because of his own foolishness and carelessness.

sardars of america do nothing to create awareness among Americans. despite of million of $$$ in gurudawra kitty.

Blackwater

Arab Man In Traditional Turban Keffi

Image Sikh with turban

Note the neat turban and beard tucked in!

They would not attract adverse attention and instead would be taken to be responsible citizens of the society and acknowledged so with pride!

Now compare the British Army Sikh soldiers

Compare the soldiers.

Then compare them with the Indian soldiers above.

The point is that a scruffy look does not encourage confidence and people with prejudices seize the occasion to give vent to their impotent frustrations.
images like this ,mistakenly took goras to think wrong,who is sardar who is arab

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
why the hell sardarji decided to have walk late night alone keeping in mind he looks like an arab ?
?

sardars of america do nothing to create awareness among Americans. despite of million of $$$ in gurudawra kitty.

These attacks are mainly because of the racial issues or Financial issues . Sikh community is financially very strong .

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In a country where awareness is low, subconsciously or unconsciously, one must be careful and dress in such a way that it does not draw attention for mistaking one for some other race.

When such attacks take place, it does make one feel concerned and even sad that people are so ignorant about the world and its people.

But then it happens.

All sorts male the world!

Tronic

Mr. Singh fails to understand that blacks cannot commit a hate crime in the US. Only whites in US commit hate crimes. Everybody on DFI knows that.

If Obama had sons, they would look like the Harlem attackers of the Sikh guy.

It's pathetic that this news story of this attack by blacks on a Sikh results in outrage and hateful rants against white Americans.

But that's the way DFI rolls.:yuno:
I think it is absurd that you would write that when not a single person said anything hateful against white Americans... if rock127 eventually got there, it was only because of you nudging the issue along racial lines from the start.

?

Sikh Americans are one of the most politically active subcontinental groups in the US, and were actually the first ones to start off the Sikh awareness campaign. The UK Sikhs followed only later..

Blackwater

These attacks are mainly because of the racial issues or Financial issues . Sikh community is financially very strong .
in this case ,sardarji way of tieing turban resembles osama no doubt. this is a pure hate crime and case of mistaken identity..

Blackwater

I think it is absurd that you would write that when not a single person said anything hateful against white Americans... if rock127 eventually got there, it was only because of you nudging the issue along racial lines from the start.

Sikh Americans are one of the most politically active subcontinental groups in the US, and were actually the first ones to start off the Sikh awareness campaign. The UK Sikhs followed only later..

is there is any sikh awareness advert in US media print or tv both ????

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
in this case ,sardarji way of tieing turban resembles osama no doubt. this is a pure hate crime and case of mistaken identity..
Those who carried out 9 11 attacks , none wore turbans or imamah and Tim Osman(Osama) is now no more .So why is this still continuing ? its clear case of racial violence by some who believe in racial supremacist that America belongs to them .

After the terrorist attack on Sikh Gurudawara in United States , people are aware who are what .

Blackwater

Those who carried out 9 11 attacks , none wore turbans or imamah and Tim Osman(Osama) is now no more .So why is this still continuing ? its clear case of racial violence by some who believe in racial supremacist that America belongs to them .

After the terrorist attack on Sikh Gurudawara in United States , people are aware who are what .

becoz terrorist and Arabs are stereotyped by western media as turbaned people. more over osama is dead but his charms as villian no. 1 will remain in history books and people mind

i think american Gurudwara committee should create a aggressive media and awareness wing which, not only gives add in american media but also goes to schools and colleges and create awareness about, who are sikhs

(if they get time out of their personnel grudges and talwar gurudwara politics and miss use of gurudawara money):taunt::taunt:

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The American Sikh Coalition has plenty such initiatives, and even lobbied, successfully, to expand the campaign: November to be Sikh Awareness Month in California
Yet, why is it that the Sikhs are continuously being mistaken for Arabs and killed.

Imagine how ill informed they were to attack the Gurudwara!

There is an officer from my Regt who took premature and is doing well in the US. He is also a Sikh.

He told me that the mistaken identity was because of flowing beard and a wrap around turban that the Americans mistake as that of an Arab.

He also said those who wore their turban the way the Army wears and had their beard tucked in neat and wore decent clothes are never attacked.

How far he is right, I don't know.

Last edited:

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
becoz terrorist and Arabs are stereotyped by western media as turbaned people. more over osama is dead but his charms as villian no. 1 will remain in history books and people mind
all this is nothing but just to stop immigration from Middle eastern and Asian countries including India .

i think american Gurudwara committee should create a aggressive media and awareness wing which, not only gives add in american media but also goes to schools and colleges and create awareness about, who are sikhs
Americans are already aware who are Indian Americans but they attack them in the name of Arabs similar like in Europe , when they know who are Indians but still attack by saying them Romas and this incident has took place in Germany some 8 months back . Financial Crisis is making people more and more intolerant all over the Western world .

(if they get time out of their personnel grudges and talwar gurudwara politics and miss use of gurudawara money):taunt::taunt:

These are racial issues which are far from religious one . 9 11 has been hijacked by Racist supremacist who use all sorts of excuses to curse, beat and even kill Indian and Middle eastern people . For them Indians, Middle eastern, Afghans and Iranians are all similar people because they see in terms of race not in terms of nationality .

Waffen SS

Indians be anywhere on this planet are Indians only and even if Indians would go on Mars , they will not forget their motherland and its the same applied for other nations .

Staying in foreign countries and from there casting their votes shows that they are part of the Indian mainstream .. Seems you never understood why Indians abroad cast their vote .
Which is more important vote(where all parties are same, all from same garbage) or doctoring and engineering in India? What the crap is vote?

If you love India stay in India, Glorify India, they even abandon Indian citizenship. Why?

Note: I am here talking about not NRIs but PIOs who abandoned their nationality.

Try to differentiate between Nationality and Ethnicity. Not all Ethnically Indian people are Indians.

As long as you are Indian citizen I consider you Indian, if not no matter how much crocodile tear you shed you are foreigner.

Try to understand the reality.

They forget motherland, may be first generation dont but their children do.

Tell them to stay in mainstream by not giving only vote(even if they dont give no matter) but doing their job in their respective field in India.

sukhish

Yet, why is it that the Sikhs are continuously being mistaken for Arabs and killed.

There is an officer from my Regt who took premature and is doing well in the US. He is also a Sikh.

He told me that the mistaken identity was because of flowing beard and a wrap around turban that the Americans mistake as that of an Arab.

He also said those who wore their turban the way the Army wears and had their beard tucked in neat and wore decent clothes are never attacked.

I think beard tucked in neat is the best way, In the armed forces Sikhs tuck the beard neatly and that's a good thing, open beards
give some odd impression.

Blackwater

all this is nothing but just to stop immigration from Middle eastern and Asian countries including India .

Americans are already aware who are Indian Americans but they attack them in the name of Arabs similar like in Europe , when they know who are Indians but still attack by saying them Romas and this incident has took place in Germany some 8 months back . Financial Crisis is making people more and more intolerant all over the Western world .

These are racial issues which are far from religious one . 9 11 has been hijacked by Racist supremacist who use all sorts of excuses to curse, beat and even kill Indian and Middle eastern people . For them Indians, Middle eastern, Afghans and Iranians are all similar people because they see in terms of race not in terms of nationality .
no, india not included only arabs and their leader pakis are stopped or reduced

Tronic

To be frank, I don't think they would care if the person is Muslim or Sikh.. has flowing beard, or tucked beard.. not everyone with a flowing beard is attacked, just as not everyone with a tucked beard is safe from being attacked.. it's simply xenophobia.. as long as you look different, you are at a possibility of being attacked by xenophobic people.. heck, you may even be attacked simply because of your skin colour..

The hatred and slur attacks on twitter against the Indian-American girl who won Miss USA should give you some idea that religion alone is not the sole target of xenophobics in the West (or anywhere else in the world for that matter, including India)..

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think beard tucked in neat is the best way, In the armed forces Sikhs tuck the beard neatly and that's a good thing, open beards
give some odd impression.
While I agree with Tronic's contention, but a properly dressed person does encourage an air of authority.

That is why in the US, while they are causal in their dress sense, in graduations, offices, business meetings, they wear suits!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles