Sikh man beaten with steel pipe in Fresno hate crime

Blackwater

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An elderly man is recovering from serious wounds after a brutal beating.

Related Content
MORE: ABC30 Neighborhood News
Police say 81-year-old Piara Singh was targeted in a hate crime and nearly beaten to death outside a Sikh temple.

Family and friends are praying for a full recovery for Piara Singh. He has staples in his head, a punctured lung and a fractured jaw. Now his family and the Sikh community want to know, why he was a target.

Ike Grewal said, "Sad and unfortunate that somebody could do this to somebody so old, defenseless and mercilessly beat someone like this."

Singh is a loved member of the Sikh community. Many here call him "Baba-Ji" which means grandfather in Punjabi. On Sunday morning, he was volunteering his time right before the attack.

Singh's nephew, Charanjit Sihota said, "He is a very nice guy, he is down to earth and he just gives his services to the temple."

Sihota spoke with us just before visiting his uncle at Community Regional Medical Center.

"He was hit on the head and he fell and the guy kept on beating him," said Sihota.

Fresno police say Singh was outside of the temple when Gilbert Garcia, 29, beat him with a steel pipe.

Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer said, "It does not appear that robbery was the motive. He didn't say anything during the attack and we believe that possibly it is simply a hate crime."

Investigators say Garcia was arrested later that day. And he confessed to the beating.

The victim's family members say they're shocked at hearing the motive behind the attack.

Sihota explained, "He admitted, he said I did beat this man, I hate these people and I want to blow up these temples."

Police are now working with the FBI and are investigating this as a hate crime.

A nearby business did capture a lot of the attack on surveillance cameras.

People from the Sikh community are afraid for their safety after the attack.

Tuesday night, Chief Dyer and other city leaders will join people in the Sikh community for a town hall meeting to address their concerns and prevent it from happening again.

Sikh man beaten with steel pipe in Fresno | abc30.com

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
After effect of pakis and Boston bombing:sad::sad::tsk::mad::mad:
I doubt, these bigots are not taught contrary to multicultural community claim by their Governments how to cope with cultural shocks.These people are illiterate cowards who can only attack old or vulnerable.

Blackwater

I doubt, these bigots are not taught contrary to multicultural community claim by their Governments how to cope with cultural shocks.These people are illiterate cowards who can only attack old or vulnerable.
there are more than 30,000 sikhs only in fresno. how can these not distinguish between sikh and muslim

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
there are more than 30,000 sikhs only in fresno. how can these not distinguish between sikh and muslim
This is what I am saying they know they are Sikhs, not their kind. These people lack humility,respect and tolerance for other ethnicity. Boston bombers they all know are whiter than white, look and sound like them.

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Average American knows very little outside America. Beard == Muslim probably for them.
Americans better love to know what their characterless celebs ate and shit**d yesterday rather than learning something about multi-culture stuff.Anyone who actually read a bit about Sikh history(the sacrifices they gave against Islamic Extremism) would not think about attacking them.They attacked a old man aged 81 and that's extremely shameful. :tsk:

A recent example is when Americans in Boston didn't know that the bomber was Chechen and not Czech.They got no idea about the difference between Chechen and not Czech.Due to the sudden confusion the Czech Ambassador himself had to intervene and EDUCATE Americans about Geography.

Czech Republic Ambassador: Don't Confuse Us With Chechnya

The Czech Republic and Chechnya are nearly 2,000 miles apart, but that didn't stop people from mixing up their geography.
The Boston Marathon bombing suspects, the Tsarnaev brothers, are of Chechen ethnicity. When the similar sounding Czech Republic, a country in Central Europe, began getting buzz online, the country's ambassador to the United States stepped in to clear up the social media confusion.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Attacking such an old man. Garcia is a coward.
Anyway, Garcia sounds like a Hispanic surname.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Americans better love to know what their characterless celebs ate and shit**d yesterday rather than learning something about multi-culture stuff.Anyone who actually read a bit about Sikh history(the sacrifices they gave against Islamic Extremism) would not think about attacking them.They attacked a old man aged 81 and that's extremely shameful. :tsk:

A recent example is when Americans in Boston didn't know that the bomber was Chechen and not Czech.They got no idea about the difference between Chechen and not Czech.Due to the sudden confusion the Czech Ambassador himself had to intervene and EDUCATE Americans about Geography.
Recently, there was an explosion in Prague (Czech Republic), in which a few people died. On one of the news agencies' (I think it was RT) comments section, I saw a comment to the effect of : "They hit us, now we hit them back."
Can you believe that, this guy thought that Czech and Chechen are the same. :facepalm:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Attacking such an old man. Garcia is a coward.
Anyway, Garcia sounds like a Hispanic surname.
Hispanics have a very high crime rate and US jails are filled with their gangs.

These Hispanics are illegal immigrants themselves being parasite on US and dong these kind of stuff. VERY SHAMEFUL. :tsk:

average american

I expect USA is the most multiculture country in the world due to its made up of cultures, it dont mean an isolated incident cant happen out of 330 million people.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles