Sikh house of worship in Sterling Heights vandalized

ejazr

Ambassador
Sikh house of worship in Sterling Heights vandalized - Local News - Detroit, MI - msnbc.com

A Sikh house of worship in Sterling Heights has been vandalized.

The Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations is calling for local and federal authorities to investigate the incident as a hate crime.

The spray-painted vandalism contains a drawing of a gun, a cross, an obscenity and "Mohmed," [sic] a reference to the last prophet of Islam, Muhammad, and the most common Muslim male name.

In a release, CAIR-MI said the vandalism happened sometime between Sunday evening and Monday morning.

"I think whoever did it was very insensitive and also very ignorant when it comes to hate crime and racial discrimination," said worshiper Gur-Rajan Singh.

The building is under construction but expected to be finished this summer.

Sikhism developed in northern India. Sikhs in the U.S. have occasionally been the target of anti-Muslim sentiment because they wear turbans and have beards.

pmaitra

Is it because of the 'peanuts' from Pranab Mukherjee?

I see a lot of hate in the British newspapers' comment sections.

Edit: Nevermind, I thought it was UK; now I see it is US.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ Where did you see the comments though - I can't find comments anywhere on that page? :noidea:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
ameericans are so dumb they can differentiate a sikh and muslim workship places..

I would say SGPC the thakedar of sikhism has failed to create awareness in these western countries

so is other sikh organisation in ameerica
They are Americans and they don't even know their own stuff properly, they know more about what their characterless celebrities did yesterday ....... rest is the the fault of Sikh people and their organizations who don't let Americans know what their religion is all about and that they are NOT muslims.If Americans understand Sikhism properly they would think 10 times before these vandalization.
I personally told about Sikhism to some westerners I met and their views really changed when they knew that the basic reasons behind the creation of the religion was to abolish caste system and fight religious extremism by invaders(happened to be muslims).Americans are fighting the same religious extremism Sikhs fought in their history.
btw the SGPC is more intrested in how to win seats in elections and how to eat the money pouring in Gurudwaras.

Blackwater

They are Americans and they don't even know their own stuff properly, they know more about what their characterless celebrities did yesterday ....... rest is the the fault of Sikh people and their organizations who don't let Americans know what their religion is all about and that they are NOT muslims.If Americans understand Sikhism properly they would think 10 times before these vandalization.
I personally told about Sikhism to some westerners I met and their views really changed when they knew that the basic reasons behind the creation of the religion was to abolish caste system and fight religious extremism by invaders(happened to be muslims).Americans are fighting the same religious extremism Sikhs fought in their history.
btw the SGPC is more intrested in how to win seats in elections and how to eat the money pouring in Gurudwaras.
you are 100% right. Sikhism is the most modern religion with very good teaching despite of that its on decline.

The thakedar of sikhism not only SGPC but sikh organisation all over the world focus on how extract money from sikh sangat but not to spend on awareness.

These sikh organisation has got million of $ in funding ,Sikhs themselves are very rich around the world. Still nothing has been done especially after 9/11 in western world for awareness in western countires

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles