Signals from Pak mobile companies reach bordering areas

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
JAISALMER: Many areas of Rajasthan that are adjoining the international border are getting the signals of Pakistan mobile companies within the range of 15-20kms within Indian territory. Many smugglers and spies of Jaisalmer and Barmer using Pakistan Sim card are giving strategic and confidential information of the country to the Pak intelligence agency ISI. According to the international rules in telecom sector, mobile network of any country can go up to 500 metres of the borders of the other country. The Pakistan is openly violating the international law along with the signal is causing hole in country's security and is proving to be the security threat. On last Tuesday a meeting of LIA (Lead Intellignece Agencies)(security and intelligence of region) was done in which that concern was raised and discussed that strict action will be taken against it.

According to the reliable sources, Pakistan in its conspiracy against India has set up over three dozen new mobile towers near the international border adjoining Jaisalmer, Bikaner, Ganganagar and Barmer in Rajasthan. The signals of these mobile towers are getting into the Indian territory up to 15-20kms, which is becoming a threat to the security for India. The mobile signals of Pakistan mobile companies are getting into the Indian territory due to which many smugglers and spies are getting Pakistan Sims through passengers in large numbers through the Thar Express.

There is no facility of scanning of passengers coming by Thar express at Munabao railway station as the result sim cards from borders of Pakistan is brought with Pakistani songs and provoking speeches to the Indian border.

Sources said that there has been information that a few old smugglers in Longewala, Ghotaru, Ramgarh area in Jaisalmer district, climb the old towers or go the places in height and using Pak sims send country's confidential information to Pak intelligence agency ISI. Pakistan Sims were recovered from recently arrest Pak spies and these serious issues have been raised in Lead intelligence agency meeting, but could not put any control over the Pak network.

Sources said that Pak has installed mobile towers opposite Rajasthan border at Khokharapar, Chacharo, Jumantar, Mubarka Fort Abbas, Mantharbanglo, Mandi Sadiikganj, Minchandabad, Bhawal Nagar, Dungabunga, Harunabad, Fakirewanar, Hasilpur, rahimyar khan, Mandi Sadi Mangal, Gabbar Kehju, Sadikabad etc. The telecom companies whose mobile signals are reaching within India are Veridatel, Oasis Pak, Telenor, PKPL, Pak Pal Mobiling, U-phone, PT Soral, Hutch etc.

Jaisalmer telecom officer Yogesh Bhaskar confirming about signals of Pakistan mobile companies reaching India said that although it is international matter of both countries therefore it will be solved at the higher level. Although, Pakistan mobile signal is coming on separate frequency and network therefore we do not have any such technique to jam their signal or stop it. He said this serious issue is raised in the meetings held between the BSFand Pakistan rangers.

Jaisalmer district collector prohibiting use of Pakistani Sim, has directed to take strict action against the people violating this order.

District collector and magistrate suchi tyagi under section 144 has ordered that no person will use Pakistani Sim and will contact people in Pakistan in any area from where contact could be made in Pakistan using the Pakistani network. He said no one will use Pakistani sim and will not permit using it.

He said that signals of mobile towers in Pakistan area are received within 3-4kms in Indian border and using Pakistani local SIM, one could easily get connected with Pakistani network. Looking to the expected danger of national security, it has been prohibited to use Pakistani local SIm.

According to the order issued by the district collector, if any person is found guilty of violating this order then action will be taken as per provisions of law. This order will remain effective for forthcoming two months.

Signals from Pak mobile companies reach bordering areas - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

sob

Mod
Country flag
Jammers should be employed immediately by the Govt.

The same is in Nepal the other way around. In Birganj and Biratnagar, they get signal from Relaince and most of business people with dealing in India have installed a Releiance FWP. The recharge is done by their associates in India or they cross over to Raxaul and do it themselves.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
This is a serious threat. Is there a way to trace Pakistani SIM cards (ofcourse without the impractical way of strip searching everyone in person)?
Then the local officials express technical inabilitity to jam the signals. As an interim measure, I think BSF or Army should be given some free hand to apply their solutions if they have any.

During my recent visit to a village in central Rajasthan, some people (candidly :shocked: ) mentioned about rampant smuggling taking place across the border and that it is widespread than the mainstream media & other people are aware of..
I think by cracking on this smuggling we can control the damage. The climate and infrastructure in border areas of Thar desert do not offer even scant resources to the people.
Good livelihood opportunities have to be generated before we can effectively expect these people to shun smuggling and join the mainstream.
May be Oil and Tourism are the answers we seek.
Human Intelligence should also be laid out to ensure there are no subtle, devious demographic changes for ulterior motives of our neighbors, who may be hoping that we're not looking as often over the sand dunes.

Regards,
Virendra

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
During my recent visit to a village in central Rajasthan, some people (candidly :shocked: ) mentioned about rampant smuggling taking place across the border and that it is widespread than the mainstream media & other people are aware of..
is your village in barmer ?

ani82v

Country flag
This is a serious threat. Is there a way to trace Pakistani SIM cards (ofcourse without the impractical way of strip searching everyone in person)?
Then the local officials express technical inabilitity to jam the signals. As an interim measure, I think BSF or Army should be given some free hand to apply their solutions if they have any.

I think by cracking on this smuggling we can control the damage. The climate and infrastructure in border areas of Thar desert do not offer much of the people.
Good livelihood opportunities have to be generated before we can effectively expect these people to shun smuggling and join the mainstream.
May be Oil and Tourism are the answers we seek.
Human Intelligence should also be laid out to ensure there are no subtle, devious demographic changes for ulterior motives of our neighbors, who may be hoping that we're not looking as often over the sand dunes.

Regards,
Virendra
Gold smuggling was occupation of villagers nears border till some 20 odd years ago. All this stopped after this rise of Pakistani terrorism and border fencing was complete. I am surprised to know that smuggling is possible now when there is a 10 km odd no mans buffer between India and Pakistan with complete fencing!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Gold smuggling was occupation of villagers nears border till some 20 odd years ago.All this stopped after this rise of Pakistani terrorism and border fencing was complete. I am surprised to know that smuggling is possible now when there is a 10 km odd no mans buffer between India and Pakistan with complete fencing!
The reason I was told that the import duties were slashed in India.

People in the neighbouring villages of Rajasthan used to crossover till 2 decades back and in Punjab till 3 decades back. I thought situation had changed ?

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Gold smuggling was occupation of villagers nears border till some 20 odd years ago. All this stopped after this rise of Pakistani terrorism and border fencing was complete. I am surprised to know that smuggling is possible now when there is a 10 km odd no mans buffer between India and Pakistan with complete fencing!
The way this guy was talking (sub-urban background) it didn't seem like a bluff.
He had just came back from a work assignment in border districts and wasn't a stranger to the border natives otherwise also. Though I didn't hear what exact was smuggled. 'Taskari' is all I got.
One way, two way ..which way .. no idea.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
There was also a post on dfi, on how Pakistanis cross over to India for medical treatment and for deliveries.

ani82v

Country flag
I visited Tanot once, where the zero line is just next to the temple and I was told that real border is 10 km after that. Though its an Indian land, no civilians are allowed to cross that and that strip is completely under BSF control. I thought then that same is true for entire length between Indo-Pak border; may be that is not the case.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I visited Tanot once, where the zero line is just next to the temple and I was told that real border is 10 km after that. Though its an Indian land, no civilians are allowed to cross that and that strip is completely under BSF control. I thought then that same is true for entire length between Indo-Pak border; may be that is not the case.
In Northern Rajsthan and Punjab and some portion of J&K, cultivation is carried out right upto border pillars even across the fence. And by both sides

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
best way to counter is to put our own mobile towers and give sims to Pakistanis..

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
May be on pakistani side they use their own 10 km buffer differently :spy:

Bushra Aziz

Sources said that Pak has installed mobile towers opposite Rajasthan border at Khokharapar, Chacharo, Jumantar, Mubarka Fort Abbas, Mantharbanglo, Mandi Sadiikganj, Minchandabad, Bhawal Nagar, Dungabunga, Harunabad, Fakirewanar, Hasilpur, Rahimyar khan, Mandi Sadi Mangal, Gabbar Kehju, Sadikabad etc. The telecom companies whose mobile signals are reaching within India are Veridatel, Oasis Pak, Telenor, PKPL, Pak Pal Mobiling, U-phone, PT Soral, Hutch etc.
It is really a matter of concern for both India and Pakistan as out of these nine mobile companies only two are based in Pakistan. You need to check the credibility of your source.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles