Should the Indian Armed forces be loyal to the nation or to the govt ?

venkat

what is nation and what is Govt here in this context?

Agantrope

Both the nation and government should be loyal to the nation.

Only one sword can be in a scabbard. So army comes under the government, if not a nation cant develop. Loyalty reflect from the leaders of the nation, example CBI, Police Force, they are loyal to government, inturn who are not loyal to the nation

zolpidam

I think Democracy is biggest disadvantage for India. I want Army to rule the country . A good cop should come up and remove these moron politician. They are worthless ,

zolpidam

these politician are here just to play their political game . They are ready to sell country for any thing. We are very poor in our foreign policy especially toward china and pakistan because of them .

Agantrope

I think Democracy is biggest disadvantage for India. I want Army to rule the country . A good cop should come up and remove these moron politician. They are worthless ,
In India coup can never happen. President being the commander of the Tri-forces it is quite impossible

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
president is just a symbolic commader in chief of armed forces. she does not even have any real power now to declare war or order military modernization. personally speaking she just not have an iota of knowledge about not only indian armed forces but also military as a whole.

Agantrope

president is just a symbolic commader in chief of armed forces. she does not even have any real power now to declare war or order military modernization. personally speaking she just not have an iota of knowledge about not only indian armed forces but also military as a whole.
PMO recommends the President to declare the war on the neighbour and that instruction is followed to the Tri-Forces

nranandkumar

Necessity is the not only the Mother of Invention but also for corruption. what will we do when our family and relation relay on us for there needs.
these need or easily fulfilled through corruption. but corruption in any way is a sin. we can get rid of it only by following a right path to achive our needs.

Tihar Jail
Banned
United regressive alliance

A nice article on the regressive united alliance. A must read for patriots.
Grim reading on page 2!

Some of that confusion has begun to show in the performance of the government. The Kashmir Valley is drifting out of control. Nobody seems to know what the party line on the Naxals is. After nearly five years of respite, our security environment, externally as well as internally, has deteriorated a great deal. Between Kashmir, Maoism, Telangana and the build-up to next year's elections that promises months of violent uncertainty in West Bengal, India is back to a state of siege. And the argument that evokes the greatest passion in the ruling establishment is whether the use of the description saffron for Hindu right-wing terror is appropriate or not. The world must be laughing at us.

In fact it is. That is why the external security environment has deteriorated alarmingly. In the kind of neighbourhood we live in, nothing is noted more promptly than a phase of weakness and waffling descending on India. Even if you leave Pakistan aside as the usual suspect, we would be living in denial if we do not read the message from China. They have now checked us out over a year and felt bold enough to escalate gradually to a level where they can deny visa to one of our three-star generals in a much celebrated, ongoing process of military-to-military contact because he serves in Kashmir. Yet they put nearly a division strength of their troops in what India considers its own, or at least disputed, Kashmiri territory. The Chinese are not about to invade. But by reducing us to this impotent, silent rage they are only reminding us of the hollowness of our own claims to any big power status. They are underlining to us, in their typically blunt yet convoluted way, that we are merely a subcontinental power which has issues, Pakistan and Kashmir, to handle within our own neighbourhood. And we, meanwhile, cannot decide to buy an artillery gun for our army in 23 years, have critical defence acquisitions blocked because the director of the CBI produced a list of charges against certain suppliers and has not yet backed it even with an FIR. And do you want to know how scandalous this is? The omnipotent CBI chief, modern-day Indian equivalent of Stalin's infamous hatchet-man Beria (show me the man, I will give you the crime), gave these charges not even on his agency's letterhead but on a plain piece of paper and, most breathtaking of all, did not even sign it. And yet the government, and the mighty Cabinet Committee on Security, have not been able to toss aside this incredible spanner.

Last edited:

arya

Country flag
Re: Should the Indian Armed forces be loyal to the nation or to the go

from 2010 i am saying but every one is refusing my words

see today china is 18 km inside we are still helpless

Snuggy321

Tell that to an Army officer and you will get a nice reply.

The GOI which has been elected by the people of India is the highest authority in the chain of command in this country. Thats the difference between India and failed states like Pak or BD.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Tell that to an Army officer and you will get a nice reply.

The GOI which has been elected by the people of India is the highest authority in the chain of command in this country. Thats the difference between India and failed states like Pak or BD.
A la Indira Gandhi

Ha Ha Ha .... you mean the GOI can abrogate the constitution and even sell the country...

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Did you try saying this from the Red Fort?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

The Forces are loyal to the Nation and the Nation is represented by the will of the people which takes form of the Government.

Therefore, the Forces are loyal to the Nation since they are loyal to the Government - the citizen's representation of their collective will!

If the Forces were to show loyalty to the Nation by pressurising the Govt, then the Indian Armed Forces would be just like the Pakistanis!

Surely that is no example to follow!
Notwithstanding that I support Army to obey govt orders, the whole argument is faulty and lacks understanding of what democracy is all about in India...

India has a constitution which is above all including the govt !!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

For Nation & Flag & Its People ..

A Good Solider is not a Mindless Robot, He knows everything about his actions and there results..

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

A la Indira Gandhi

Ha Ha Ha .... you mean the GOI can abrogate the constitution and even sell the country...
What is the wording of the oath Indian military personnel take? US military swears to defend constitution and obey superiors.
I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

arya

Country flag

For Nation & Flag & Its People ..

A Good Solider is not a Mindless Robot, He knows everything about his actions and there results..
right brother today our flag our peoples are in danger , we are lossing respect , world will be laugh on us .pls let me knowhow many time officer went to high or suprime court for govt not providing power to force ' who is responsible for ill equipped force' our officer became loyal to govt not to nation. Today we are facing result

arya

Country flag

What is the wording of the oath Indian military personnel take? US military swears to defend constitution and obey superiors.
they are for nation not for govt , pls let me know who is responsible for ill equipped force. Our force or govt.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles