Should not there be a thread for forging swords, weapons? Our lost practices?

TODELU

Shouldn't there be a thread about forging swords,weapons etc?
After all this is a defence forum.
Enthusiasts from air guns,knife,sword making,armorers etc. can please give their inputs.
Chinese already have a compulsory conscription of 6 months for their citizens.Where are we when compared to that? do we expect our army to hold on forever when the chinese reserves kick in? we need to learn from our enemies too.Teach and let know, how a common Indian can use a gun in times of danger, if you think the villagers will fight with lathis and swords, while the enemy mows you down with AK-47's and mortar fire.That is suicide.

A colonial force always confiscates the Arms and the right to bear arms and penalizes those who practice such arts.it happened in India when British took over,they made us goats to their slaughter. Kalaripayat,Gatka and other practices were banned so as to smoothen their hold over India.
Why are we still holding on to the same British Rules in our Constitution to bear arms and train for it? Do we still have some colonial baggage? or there is some inferiority complex? which i know it's not.
Then what are we waiting for? The only Civilization to stand the test of time, while others collapsed, why are we imposing this suicidal rules upon ourselves? we are Surrounded by enemies.Wake up and smell the coffee.Nobody will fight your wars,USA will pussyfoot as usual,We fight for our own.

pmaitra

Interesting topic.

BTW, your user name "TODELU" sounds somewhat similar to Toledo. Toledo Steel was very popular in western countries for their high grade steel that was used in many applications, including sword making.

We have Damascus Steel, which is actually a steel traded out of India long back in the past. It is also called Wootz Steel.

TODELU

Interesting topic.

BTW, your user name "TODELU" sounds somewhat similar to Toledo. Toledo Steel was very popular in western countries for their high grade steel that was used in many applications, including sword making.

We have Damascus Steel, which is actually a steel traded out of India long back in the past. It is also called Wootz Steel.
My name Todelu means Wolf in Telugu,and the picture i have is the one of Indian wolf. :laugh:

Yes, Damascus steel was made exclusively in India and people in South India were experts in it,but unfortunately that art is somewhat lost, its made by mixing up of coal and steel the engineering achieved was at a nano level.which baffled many scientists even today.
http://materials.iisc.ernet.in/~wootz/heritage/WOOTZ.htm

'

Unfortunately there are no videos of Indians making this steel nowadays,perhaps they are uneducated to know about Youtube or uploading videos etc.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
The debate should be on lenient Arm laws not forging weapons and related metallurgy.

The private arms industry is pathetic and whatever limited arms allowed for civilians are too costly and old.

indiatester

Country flag
Legally, what weapons can I procure here in India? (our country, but the stupid flag shows usa due to my vpn)

TODELU

The debate should be on lenient Arm laws not forging weapons and related metallurgy.

The private arms industry is pathetic and whatever limited arms allowed for civilians are too costly and old.
That wont be happening anytime soon,as most political parties especially the Secular gang are scared of right to bear arms,because they fear they cannot control Hindus, if they are given right to bear arms.
So, the next best thing is even if they won't let you bear arms,its good to know how to forge and use them.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Donno about forging and stuff. But I bought my katana on eBay couple of years back.

That katana being used for ayudha puja during Dasara.

Bahamut

Allowing swords other ancient weapon sale will establish a new industry and employ more people, it goof

TODELU

Donno about forging and stuff. But I bought my katana on eBay couple of years back.

That katana being used for ayudha puja during Dasara.
I tried bringing a Katana from China,intra china it was ok to be carried in Luggage, but to India they didnt allow it,had to leave it there at the airport.

Akask kumar

Shouldn't there be a thread about forging swords,weapons etc?
After all this is a defence forum.
Enthusiasts from air guns,knife,sword making,armorers etc. can please give their inputs.
Chinese already have a compulsory conscription of 6 months for their citizens.Where are we when compared to that? do we expect our army to hold on forever when the chinese reserves kick in? we need to learn from our enemies too.Teach and let know, how a common Indian can use a gun in times of danger, if you think the villagers will fight with lathis and swords, while the enemy mows you down with AK-47's and mortar fire.That is suicide.

A colonial force always confiscates the Arms and the right to bear arms and penalizes those who practice such arts.it happened in India when British took over,they made us goats to their slaughter. Kalaripayat,Gatka and other practices were banned so as to smoothen their hold over India.
Why are we still holding on to the same British Rules in our Constitution to bear arms and train for it? Do we still have some colonial baggage? or there is some inferiority complex? which i know it's not.
Then what are we waiting for? The only Civilization to stand the test of time, while others collapsed, why are we imposing this suicidal rules upon ourselves? we are Surrounded by enemies.Wake up and smell the coffee.Nobody will fight your wars,USA will pussyfoot as usual,We fight for our own.
i remember a documentary on rajya sabha channel about the drafing of constitution.. in the deabte over gun cotrol , many in fact were in favor of arming civilians but due to sick gandhi ideology that affected many politicians , top notch members like nehru,ambedkar etc denied this and said if we allow people to keep arms they will kill each other so they adopted peaceful,nonviolence british sponsored approach whose brand ambassador was GANDHI.

TODELU

i remember a documentary on rajya sabha channel about the drafing of constitution.. in the deabte over gun cotrol , many in fact were in favor of arming civilians but due to sick gandhi ideology that affected many politicians , top notch members like nehru,ambedkar etc denied this and said if we allow people to keep arms they will kill each other so they adopted peaceful,nonviolence british sponsored approach whose brand ambassador was GANDHI.
Well, you can't blame them, they were used to being ruled as slaves in British Rule,so What does a good slave say?
"Yes Master,As you Say Master",Whip me More Master"
People bearing arms was the only hindrance for British,that is why they made Vanavasis into SC/ST "Divide and Rule " They faced a lot of resistance with Vanavasis,because they would fight and die but not give up their land,so British made them a tribe and you know how a concoction of Thugs was made? Thugee was a tribe fiercely protecting their land,the British made them Thugs as something which is bad or dreaded upon.

Later they separated the Hindus into Martial Races, using the same Gita Upadesha ,"Sama Daana,Danda,Bhed" against us, When they split Hindus into Martial races,they extolled the virtues of some who could be flattered by platitudes of valor and etc.Those who didn't fall for that trap were made into Outcasts or tribes.

As they say Karma,What goes around comes around.I enjoy and see everyday how the British squirm as we make a new Satellite launch, or a technology breakthrough.
They ask,they were our colony, how can they do things better than us.

Our Bharat is like a Elephant, which is controlled by a tiny,frail Mahout,once the elephant realizes how frail and puny that mahout was,nobody could stop its Rampage.Our Bharatis are realizing their strength nowadays, once its complete,no force on this earth can stop us.

No wonder, Nehru always consulted British for changes in Constitution or for anything,He also wanted to have the first Indian Army General to be a British.

So you understand the effect of Stockholm Syndrome and how deep it crept into and still it is lingering,its after effects are waning,that is why everyone is worried,a sleeping giant is going to wake up,so they are trying their best to prolong the sleep,using various methods.

A tiny British Island could rule 54% of Earth, what could a 1.3 Billion people do? Think big. :biggrin2:

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Swords are not a lost practice in India in terms of manufacture. However, in terms of buying and practising the craft day in and out, it definitely is.

Only children from families with some sort of heritage of warcraft are interested in these things. It is lamentable because everyone has a right to bear arms. As far as law is concerned, possessing big swords is not illegal. You just cannot carry anything measuring 6" and above. Open carry of anything below that is fine with Indian Arms Act. Although, 6" knives won't do much, in my opinion, if one is not highly skilled at knife fighting.

Can anyone suggest me what kind of shops one must go to, to buy/order swords? I would not prefer online. I would like to buy it offline.

TODELU

Swords are not a lost practice in India in terms of manufacture. However, in terms of buying and practising the craft day in and out, it definitely is.

Only children from families with some sort of heritage of warcraft are interested in these things. It is lamentable because everyone has a right to bear arms. As far as law is concerned, possessing big swords is not illegal. You just cannot carry anything measuring 6" and above. Open carry of anything below that is fine with Indian Arms Act. Although, 6" knives won't do much, in my opinion, if one is not highly skilled at knife fighting.

Can anyone suggest me what kind of shops one must go to, to buy/order swords? I would not prefer online. I would like to buy it offline.
Carrying anything above 6" ? well i guess that must be the body armor thickness of the Officers of British back then so that no blade could pierce their armor.
Why do we still have the same restrictions?

i wonder why our people suffer from Stockholm Syndrome still!

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Carrying anything above 6" ? well i guess that must be the body armor thickness of the Officers of British back then so that no blade could pierce their armor.
Why do we still have the same restrictions?

i wonder why our people suffer from Stockholm Syndrome still!
:D :D good one! Body armour thickness.

Yes, we still have the same restrictions unfortunately against open carry. Possession however, is absolutely OK. No one has the right to question you for edged weapons stocked in your home. You have complete right to bear them as well.
All the restrictions lie with firearms.

There used to be a member Virendra, long time ago, he was a fervent gun rights enthusiast. I do miss the pro-gun lobby which once used to post here. Albeit a very small group.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles