Should JnK map be redrawn within india?

Should JnK map be redrawn within india

• Total voters

nrupatunga

So India didn't inherit it, Kashmir acceded to India. All that it has not been technically ratified and more than half the territories are with Pakistan and China.
Are you trying to say that accession was not done properly or that it has not been ratified in JnK assembly?? Is this the opinion of a admin of DefenceForumIndia??

A google search would show that on Oct 26, 1947: Maharaja Hari Singh signs the instrument of accession, it is no different than the one signed by over 500 other rulers. The accession of Kashmir was accepted by the Governor General of India Lord Mountbatten.

and in Feb 1954: Under the leadership of Bakshi Ghulam Mohammad DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED Constituent Assembly of the State of Jammu and Kashmir ratified the State's accession to India.

Are you of opinion that GoI acting against the will of people of JnK, invaded and has occupied JnK (or large part of it)?? Please clarify what exactly is your stand on accession and ratification??

===============

@Ray sir, please let us keep discussion on topic rather than talking about 2014 LS elections here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@nrupatunga

J&K ascension has not been technically ratified as it is still considered a disputed territory internationally. Correct me if I am wrong.

India believes it has the sole claim over J&K (incl PoK and CoK).

Article 370 shows the asymmetric federalism of India and has nothing to do with "legality" or morality of ascension. Also removal of Article 370 has to be ratified by the J&K State assembly it cannot be unilaterally done by the Parliament.

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Punjabis with too much ganga jamuni tehzeeb always say "Jinne lahore nahi vekhya oh Jammeya nahi". I guess most of the world would prefer to not be born than see that islamic sh!thole :rofl:
That's the old generation. The generation that conversed in Urdu. When they came to Delhi, it was crappy and Lahore was bustling.

My friends who went to Lahore weren't too impressed. Heard rave reviews of the food streeth, though.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
You will see and run for cover after this elections.
I am surprised that you think Modi will come and destroy 110 crore Indians who haven't voted for Modi ?

PS: If you have sufficient money and connections, you can screw anyone.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
That's the old generation. The generation that conversed in Urdu. When they came to Delhi, it was crappy and Lahore was bustling.

My friends who went to Lahore weren't too impressed. Heard rave reviews of the food streeth, though.
My grandfather was a professor in Lahore. He used to teach Urdu and English there.

Kaalapani

Tihar Jail
Banned
I am surprised that you think Modi will come and destroy 110 crore Indians who haven't voted for Modi ?

PS: If you have sufficient money and connections, you can screw anyone.

Did AAP poll panel or Kujriwal SMS poll gave you that numbers? :wave:

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Not a big fan of junk and spam mail/texts.

I can actually prove it. You wanna see ? :troll:
Actually , out of curiosity , I do

All 110 Crore Indian not voting for BJP , that's quite a claim.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Actually , out of curiosity , I do

All 110 Crore Indian not voting for BJP , that's quite a claim.
1.27 billion population out of which 800 million eligible to vote. Assuming 2/3rs vote out of which 1/3rd vote for BJP (being extra generous)

Voila 110 crore not voting for BJP

Shock laga ? :lol:

PS: Although someone can make an argument for NDA, but then if people are only voting for a BJP ally because of BJP then why have allies at all ?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
No. He was a dogra but he had a Masters in Urdu and Masters in English. He had a job in Lahore before partition. He was a learned man unlike most punjabis. :lol:
Dogras have been living in Punjab for donkey years. They are considered Punjabis only.

Kaalapani

Tihar Jail
Banned

You are Genius Santa saab.

1.27 billion population out of which 800 million eligible to vote. Assuming 2/3rs vote out of which 1/3rd vote for BJP (being extra generous)

PS: Although someone can make an argument for NDA, but then if people are only voting for a BJP ally because of BJP then why have allies at all ?

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag

No sane person would hold a grudge against those who are simply not eligible to vote at all ,

So going by these figures , actual no. of people not voting for BJP (counting the absentees) would just be just 63 crores

and the population of India b t w is 1.23 billion and not 1.27 according to the last estimate. :troll:

Last edited:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Dogras have been living in Punjab for donkey years. They are considered Punjabis only.
Ok no trolling. Dogras feel closer to Punjabis than anyone else in India. Kashmiris are the weirdest for us. But we don't consider ourselves Punjabis.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
By whom ?

By Punjabies ?? No..

By Sardars ?? NO

By Dogras ?? May be.... may not be... most likely Not

Dogras (If you consider Kangra, Nurpur, Guler, Chamba, Rampur and Jammu all as Dograland ) have much more sturdy and ancient history than Sikh states of Punjab..

Simple_Guy

Details of Zorawar Singh campaigns

It was a wonder of wonders. Simple Dogra men whose main profession was agriculture in villages and who lived below snow line were now conquerors and masters of Baltistan moving near snow line and practising their strategy of Loyalty, Trust, Training in peace to win wars and Will to Achieve Aim, come rain come shine. The Dogra army of Maharaja Gulab Singh of Jammu, under the capable leadership of Vazir Zorawar Singh made history and had become a force to reckon with.

Zorawar Singh had replaced the ruler of Skardu, Ahmad Shah with his son, Muhammad Shah and the arrangement gained popular support. The new ruler started paying Rs7,000 per annum to Maharajah Gulab Singh of Jammu as a tribute and accepted the suzerainty of the Dogras.General Zorawar Singh built a new fort at Skardu and positioned a contingent of Dogra soldiers to keep an eye on the rebellious elements of Baltistan.
The main achievement of the Dogras has been the integration of Ladakh into India. This is something that needs to built upon. Ladakh should be granted UT status.

Simple_Guy

By the way, Rampur-Bushahr, another Rajput kingdom in Himachal, also had war and a treaty with Ladakh and Tibet.

The Enchanting Himalayas

Rampur-Bushahr fought against Kulu, Gharwal and Suket, but a great expansion of territory occurred in the 17th century under Rana Kehri Singh. From 1679-84 a war had been going on between the kingdoms of Tibet and Ladakh. When Rana Kehari Singh went on a pilgrimage to Mansarovar he was met by a Tibetan military commander, who asked for his aid.

With this alliance the war was favourably concluded and the Treaty of Tingmosgang was signed in 1684. Rana Kehari Singh got the upper Kinnaur region, while the Kingdom of Kulu annexed the territory of Lahul, and the Tibet-Ladakh boundary was defined. Trade between Rampur-Bushahr and Tibet was increased and the Lavi fair has been held each year in November at Rampur, where Tibetan traders flocked to sell their wares and buy goods from other Indian states. As a token of friendship a Tibetan horse was exchanged with a Bushahr sword.
This treaty shows that Tibet was an independent kingdom and not a part of China.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
By whom ?

By Punjabies ?? No..

By Sardars ?? NO

By Dogras ?? May be.... may not be... most likely Not

Dogras (If you consider Kangra, Nurpur, Guler, Chamba, Rampur and Jammu all as Dograland ) have much more sturdy and ancient history than Sikh states of Punjab..
We dogras don't consider ourselves punjabis nor kashmiris. We are unique people. HImachal and Jammu are our motherlands. I agree 100% with this. Good post.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles