Should India change its national anthem?

India should change its national anthem

• Total voters

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Ha ha :lol: I knew , you would say something like that :D
Of course I would. It does not talk about the unity of India. It talks of "Hindu Rashtra". This song is antithetical to the constitution of India.

kseeker

Retired
Of course I would. It does not talk about the unity of India. It talks of "Hindu Rashtra". This song is antithetical to the constitution of India.
What's wrong with Hindu Rashtra ? "Hindu Rashtra" refers to India as a nation, not " Land of Hindu's" alone ! The RSS Anthem praises mother India, if one misinterprets as communal, so be it. Noone can help.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
What's wrong with Hindu Rashtra ? "Hindu Rashtra" refers to India as a nation, not " Land of Hindu's" alone ! The RSS Anthem praises mother India, if one misinterprets as communal, so be it. Noone can help.
"Hindu Rashtra" does not refer to India as a nation, It refers to "Land of Hindus" only. It is not communal, it is "Hindu supremacist".

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Jana Gana Mana anthem was wrote by Rabindranath Tagore for the annulment of the Bengal Partition Act which was to show the unity and diversity of Indian nation when King George V came to India in 1911 as Rabindranath Tagore was against division of Bengal but here even the British supporter made Jana Gana Mana as a poem in praising of Emperor and by 1915 he dissociated himself from any political affiliation and after the Jallianwala Bagh massacre in 1919 renounced his knighthood .

Last edited:

kseeker

Retired
"Hindu Rashtra" does not refer to India as a nation, It refers to "Land of Hindus" only. It is not communal, it is "Hindu supremacist".
Sorry bro, your interpretation is incorrect in the first place.

I am a RSS member however, I have not been tought that, Hindu Rashtra or Hindu nation refer to Land of Hindu's only :namaste:

RSS Prayer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

namaste sadā vatsale mātṛbhūme
tvayā hindubhūme sukhaṁ vardhitoham
mahāmaṅgale puṇyabhūme tvadarthe
patatveṣa kāyo namaste namaste ||

prabho śaktiman hindurāṣṭrāṅgabhūtā
ime sādaraṁ tvāṁ namāmo vayam
tvadīyāya kāryāya badhdā kaṭīyaṁ
śubhāmāśiṣaṁ dehi tatpūrtaye
ajayyāṁ ca viśvasya dehīśa śaktiṁ
suśīlaṁ jagadyena namraṁ bhavet
śrutaṁ caiva yatkaṇṭakākīrṇa mārgaṁ
svayaṁ svīkṛtaṁ naḥ sugaṁ kārayet ||

samutkarṣaniḥśreyasyaikamugraṁ
paraṁ sādhanaṁ nāma vīravratam
tadantaḥ sphuratvakṣayā dhyeyaniṣṭhā
hṛdantaḥ prajāgartu tīvrāniśam
vijetrī ca naḥ saṁhatā kāryaśaktir
vidhāyāsya dharmasya saṁrakṣaṇam
paraṁ vaibhavaṁ netumetat svarāṣṭraṁ
samarthā bhavatvāśiśā te bhṛśam || bhārata mātā kī jaya

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meaning of RSS Prayer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Forever I bow to thee, O Loving Motherland! O Motherland of us, Thou hast brought me up in happiness. May my life, O great and blessed Holy Land, be laid down in Thy Cause. I bow to Thee again and again.

We the children of the Hindu Nation bow to Thee in reverence, O Almighty God. We have girded up our loins to carry on Thy work. Give us Thy holy blessings for its fulfilment. O Lord! Grant us such might as no power on earth can ever challenge, such purity of character as would command the respect of the whole world and such knowledge as would make easy the thorny path that we have voluntarily chosen.

May we be inspired with the spirit of stern heroism, that is sole and ultimate means of attaining the highest spiritual bliss with the greatest temporal prosperity. May intense and everlasting devotion to our ideal ever enthuse our hearts. May our victorious organised power of action, by Thy Grace, be wholly capable of protecting our dharma and leading this nation of ours to the highest pinnacle of glory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ref: Namaste Sada Vatsale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where is it mentioned that, Hindu Nation = Land of Hindu's only ?

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Sorry bro, your interpretation is incorrect in the first place.

I am a RSS member however, I have not been tought that, Hindu Rashtra or Hindu nation refer to Land of Hindu's only :namaste:

RSS Prayer

Where is it mentioned that, Hindu Nation = Land of Hindu's only ?
So you are saying that RSS doesn't divide Indians on the basis of religion ?

The Golden Era of Indian Nation which is even called Savarna Yug is possible that time only when the whole nation stand together and If RSS has changed its policies then RSS should cut down their radical members who are making things hard for other right minded Indians just because of their religion and stop judgmental attitude .

If might is right then it should be not on our own people.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Tagore write that song for our country and many other, Its Congress at the time took that song and sang for the British King ..

[MENTION=12472]My vote goes for changing the national anthem not because of the reasons you have mentioned but for the fact that, the song was written by Tagore to praise a Br!turd King in the first place as I had read and heard..

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
And, the ultimate icing on cake, RSS opposes homosexuals. They must be really evil :lol: :pound:

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Tagore write that song for our country and many other, Its Congress at the time took that song and sang for the British King ..
Tagore was approached by INC to write a poem in praising the Nation and Tagore wrote in describing the unity and diversity of the country and this poem was first sung at the second day of the annual conference of the Indian National Congress in Calcutta on December 27, 1911. Sarala Devi Chowdhurani — Tagore's niece — intoned the song, along with a few schoolstudents, in front of the gathering of the then INC president Bishan Narayan Dar and other leaders such as Bupendra Nath Bose and Ambika Charan Mazumder.

Emperor George came to calcutta on 30th December .

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
And, the ultimate icing on cake, RSS opposes homosexuals. They must be really evil :lol: :pound:
Not evil, but with a narrow and staunch outlook.

But they are evolving and slowly embracing the plurality of India. That is why instead of the original meaning of "hindubhūme" (land of the Hindus) is now being denounced and the RSS members of this generation are being taught that "hindubhūme" means Motherland.

But we digress. This is about the National Anthem of India which, it seems, is not good enough for some Indians today. :rolleyes:

kseeker

Retired
So you are saying that RSS doesn't divide Indians on the basis of religion ?
Yes. RSS had to take radical stand to protect Hindus against the atrocities caused by Non-Hindu radicals.

The Golden Era of Indian Nation which is even called Savarna Yug is possible that time only when the whole nation stand together and If RSS has changed its policies then RSS should cut down their radical members who are making things hard for other right minded Indians just because of their religion and stop judgmental attitude .

If might is right then it should be not on our own people.
I agree ! However, same thing applies to Muslim organisations as well as a Christian missionaries.

Live and let live, everyone will be happy !

BTW, it's Suvarna Yug not Savarna Yug ;)

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Yes. RSS had to take radical stand to protect Hindus against the atrocities caused by Non-Hindu radicals.

Non Hindu radicals ?

I agree ! However, same thing applies to Muslim organisations as well as a Christian missionaries.
But why to target individuals who are having nothing to do with any organization ?

Live and let live, everyone will be happy !
Still there are some who has fully not understood this and still threatening

BTW, it's Suvarna Yug not Savarna Yug ;)
This Yug will be for the whole Indian nation and certain people have to keep it in mind.

kseeker

Retired
Non Hindu radicals ?

Why are you suprised ? :shocked: You are acting as if you have read it for first time ! :eyebrows:

But why to target individuals who are having nothing to do with any organization ?

Who are they ? Any examples ? :confused:

Still there are some who has fully not understood this and still threatening

Hmm, what needs to be done to tackle those "some blokes" ?

This Yug will be for the whole Indian nation and certain people have to keep it in mind.
Which "certain people" ?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I really dislike India's current national anthem. Don't get me wrong, I understand and appreciate the noble intentions behind the composition but it is just so powerless. It fails to inspire a nationalist fervour and sounds too peaceful. For an aspiring superpower and a nation that is on the rise, the anthem is too concerned with ethnic/religious diversity and has nothing to say about progress. Moreover, Jana Gana Mana simply lacks musical sophistication and is not pleasing in an aesthetic sense; that is perhaps its greatest defect. Hence it follows that India should change its national anthem. Agree or disagree?
Do you want something militaristic? Most of the anthems are about going to war to overthrow tyranny. I agree, the JGM is not inspiring at all but India is a pacifist country so I don't see an anthem about revolution in its future.

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Why are you suprised ? :shocked: You are acting as if you have read it for first time ! :eyebrows:
Just a bit confused .

Who are they ? Any examples ? :confused:

Hmm, what needs to be done to tackle those "some blokes" ?

Which "certain people" ?
There are certain people who are playing since a long time and that should stop . Nothing will happen but have to remember United we stand divide we fall .

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

Sorry, I don't see the Christian minority causing many atrocities in India. GoI is supposed to protect the people from radicals so let them do the job. No one needs RSS paramilitary groups torching churches and mosques.

cloud

Country flag
Such a stupid question, its all about faith in the country and its anthem. If one doesn't feel it right, then he will never feel it right. If someone(politic) changes it later, than the faith and feeling will still be the same no matter what the song is.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I think @kseeker was just telling his Prayer, Until @Deccani involve religious based argument, There was no need for that ..

Our Country is at this mess because of political figures caused this on first place, Worst we have people fighting here like dumb robots ..

Its not which side which radical is, Base is that they are all Radicals and that is their category regardless which religion they based on ..

Root out that problem & the problem caused it, We will all live peacefully like we do in Army ..

Remember, Such problems are exposed to our enemies & friends too and they wont hesitated to take advantage of that..

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles