Should India adopt dual citizenship policy?

Should India adopt dual citizenship policy?

• Total voters

Waffen SS

I was amazed to see no threads exist on this topic.:)

Should India adopt duel citizenship policy? Like many countries do?

@Ray, @pmaitra

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

i dont know, but i have spent 500 euros to return my indian passport and get OCI card

loot gaya

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

@Ray, @pmaitra
Citizens ... we have like mushrooms ( I hope you have seen mushrooms sprout naturally ) and you want a few more to be added ?

What an appetite ??

Dharmateja

Nope. I may sound like a bitter nationalist, but no individual should have divided loyalties. You are either loyal to your home nation or your adopted nation.

LalTopi

@Ray, @pmaitra
India already has a very clever dual citizenship policy. Its called OCI Overseas Citizen of India.

I and my family have all the rights of a regular indian passport holder except to vote and to buy agricultural land.

Blackwater

India already has a very clever dual citizenship policy. Its called OCI Overseas Citizen of India.

I and my family have all the rights of a regular indian passport holder except to vote and to buy agricultural land.
Sam to Sam

LalTopi

No dual citizenship. There cannot be divided loyalties. The US today is being held hostage to those that are Americans, but are more loyal to Israel. I don't want India to become like that.
In extreme situations of war, where there is a military call to duty, I can see a conflict of interest scenario. Also nations have to be sensible about vetting people with access to sensitive material. But otherwise In my opinion it is possible to both support what is in the best interests of your heritage nation as well as your host nation. I think that the Jewish Americans that you refer to would argue that the they are fiercely loyal Americans, and that there is no conflict of interests.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles