Should France jointly develop AMCA for a 5th gen fighter for Armee de l'Air?

SPIEZ

Country flag
Did SAAB sell their defense division to China ?? I thought Volvo was sold to China?
SAAB is opening up though. Heard M&M is making a bid for it. But I think it's the automotive division, not certain about that!

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
SAAB auto is going for bankruptcy. The aero division of SAAB is still surviving, but if the Gripen does not sell in the next few years, then it maybe the last big project they ever have. SAAB will love to be involved in the AMCA process - just to survive.
India should do well to keep both SAAB and Dassault involved in AMCA. What does Dassault mind? They get a big project, in time they might end up buying out or buying up SAAB too! For France, if SAAB involvement comes with Sweden and current Gripen owners interest in AMCA, then so much the better - larger market hence lower cost per unit.
Anyway - let's have a poll ...

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
I have posted a thread on it defence.puk
should india & france codevelop AMCA?

1.France doesnt have any 5th gen fighter program till date now & it has robust aero industry well india can join hand to develop AMCA

2.France & india can contribute positvely financially & technologically on a 50: 50 basis so less financial burden for india
if india develops amca on it's own, as 5th gen fighter are costly platforms

3.Technically india & france can build this platform from scratch as India has technologically no role in PAKfa only it can contribute in FGFA that too would de deployed after induction of PAKFA as india has to induct some russian version of single seater pakfa 1st, so
indian version of FGFA may be inducted in the year 2020-21 .
So india can contribute actively in a 5th gen fighter program with the help & guidance of france
which is another trusted & technologically superior partner of india like russia.

4.India's development & induction of LCA has been a bumpy & tortoise ride & lca mark2 is still going to be developed ,so again that may take some time for induction.So joint partnership with france would surely fasten the process of development and would increase the chances of induction of AMCA faster & success of the AMCA project.

5.France doesnt have any mandatory IPR agreement clause like russia so india can upgrade or use any system of foreign origin in AMCA also india can sell & would have france to promote it's sale to any country which india wants .

6.India always admire french avionics & also french have some cutting edge ECM technology in the world like SPECTRA So india & french could develop far too superior avionics & ECM technolgy for AMCA which may be at par with F22 or superior to it .

7.India has already signed an agreement with SCENCMA to develop kaveri engine jointly so india could use this to power AMCA & LCA.So india doent have to depend upon USA OR RUSSIA for engine & could have have it's dream of indigenoius engine powered
fighter complete.

8.India could incorporate many features it wants on AMCA with the help of a technologically superior partner
like increased stealth features
(a) DSI divertless supersonic intake
(b) frameless canopy
(c) stealthy engine nozzles
(d)more composite concn
(e) serrated weapon bays & doors & many more stealth features

well one can say /argue that india can also develop this thing on its own but it is always better to
jointly develop this things with an experienced player of aero industry

9.India has already planned to develop & is developing X band aesa radar for LCA mark2 ,so french & india could also work on this project ,though french may build it's own aesa radar for it's own version of AMCA if it inducts it .But again french contribution would be very helpful for india.

10.well AMCA with the help of france could be a great asset for INDIAN airforce & may be really a system of indian, western, isreali origin & would be great challenge to F35 ,f22 ,Pakfa & j20 in future in terms of stealth,capabilty & performance.Also it would be useful for france as it could have a 5th gen fighter.

PLEASE NOTE: This is my personal view ,if u dont agree with my views plz be free to critcize me

REGARDS

Last edited:

SpArK

SORCERER
So who is going to bring the TVC engine for AMCA, which is a pre requisite..??? GE?? SNECMA??? RUSSIANS??? ATLANTIANS???

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I found this on the Sinodefence forum, they claim that the tail end of AMCA looks a bit like

J-7E

or

JL-9.

they mean that we copied ???!!!!!

check post #9 & #10
AMCA...Indian 5th Generation Fighter
Do those Kids Even know how Aircrafts look like ?
And Some one tell them Both are MIG-21 copies, JL-9 is a further improvement of J-7..

amca

Jo Chor Hota Ha, Yo subko Chor smajta ha..

H.A.

Doesn't this plane need canard's? Also can someone tell me how the weapons be housed on this, will it be inside the body of the aircraft?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Doesn't this plane need canard's? Also can someone tell me how the weapons be housed on this, will it be inside the body of the aircraft?
All stealth fighters need to carry their weapons load internally. If they expose it out to radar they can be detected.

Canards are not a necessity, more moving parts can be identified in the radar when they change. When the move the angle of incidence changes so sometimes a large canard will become visible even though the aircraft may not!

p2prada

So what is the point of signing on with PAK FA? Russia already is developing everything. India only has pittance work. Dassault's joint work on NEURON shows how we get partners involved.
See, you answered your own question.

Simply because our work is very less in PAKFA is a very strong reason why we must not have a one sided JV for AMCA too. A JV with France would mean nearly everything will be done in France like PAKFA in Russia. There is no point to building our own local industry if that was the case. Consultancy would be different.

On Neuron, Dassault has control of every major stake in the project. India would be in the same boat.

satish007

I will keep it like this ,

PAK-FA with Russia .

FGFA with France . (no FGFA with Russia )

AMCA with Sweden .

:daru:
sad, you guys have so many firends. and we have nothing but money.

satish007

http://defenceforumindia.com/china/31384-chinese-general-admits-25-30-years-behind-west-2.html

POST # 18

Why is our sworn enemy running to our (potentially) largest weapon supplier ....?
hi,guy we are not sworn enemy, we just dislike each other, please remember who seperated you big state out of India. China liked India very much,even looked India were best brother until those white men came and made a line between us. before that , we had no any problem. India and China just not smart enough to avoid war.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The OP stems from just the feel good factor of France winning MRCA. It's really surprising after knowing Armand for so long.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I didn't start the thread, I just made the suggestion in another one. France has already decided to skip to 6th generation.

SPIEZ

Country flag
hi,guy we are not sworn enemy, we just dislike each other, please remember who seperated you big state out of India. China liked India very much,even looked India were best brother until those white men came and made a line between us. before that , we had no any problem. India and China just not smart enough to avoid war.
I was referring to this comment

Their best radar are Zhuks bought from Russia... sooo. Even the J-11 has Zhuk in it. Now, regarding the level of Chinese radars... remember how fast Pakistan ran to France for a new fire control system? Chicoms are wholly obsolete. The veil has been lifted and everything I have been saying is confirmed by Chicom generals.

no smoking

Country flag
Woo, my friend, could you please stop pretending to be a chinese?

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Woo, my friend, could you please stop pretending to be a chinese?
What gave it away? His name or his Avatar?

I think the Chinese indeed have less "strategic friends" - but they also are further along in terms of "self reliance" in defense production.

@Armand - remember a little lesson from WW2, Vietnam and Afghanistan - not all wars are won by technology - sheer number and strategy can win a war too .

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
The OP stems from just the feel good factor of France winning MRCA. It's really surprising after knowing Armand for so long.
I didn't start the thread, I just made the suggestion in another one. France has already decided to skip to 6th generation.
Moved those posts related to AMCA from MMRCA Thread as a new one.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles