Should, and could India intervene in Iraq crisis?

Dhairya Yadav

i think its time for india to start protecting its strategic interests. Iraq is of great importance of india both culturally and politically. Should we , on a minor scale, intervene by sending intelligence and analysts like US did? Or maybe even more? Iraq needs all the help it can recieve. Also, it is said that india is on the hitlist of ISIS , so it is more relevant now. Today foreign minister sushma swaraj said that india will provide any help iraq asks, maybe a little overrated but an important statement.

LastProphet

I think you missed news articles about nurses n others safe return...!!!
How do you think that was accomplished.....!!!!

sydsnyper

Country flag
But there still is about 40 Indians stuck in Iraq, mostly construction workers.

I think you missed news articles about nurses n others safe return...!!!
How do you think that was accomplished.....!!!!

Dhairya Yadav

i think many more are stuck too, first they need to freed then we can help the iraqis... If we do this, we will have stronger support for UN permanent seat. We deserve that.

Last edited:

EXPERT

i think many more are stuck too, first they need to freed then we can help the iraqis... If we do this, we will have stronger support for UN permanent seat. We deserve that.
Yes, we do deserve but what intervention are you talking here,
Military intervention is not the need and diplomatically we are doing whatever is possible .
So I think the need at this time is to just monitor the situation.
We can only help Iraqis by providing as much Food, And all the needed accessories for living.

Dhairya Yadav

Yes, we do deserve but what intervention are you talking here,
Military intervention is not the need and diplomatically we are doing whatever is possible .
So I think the need at this time is to just monitor the situation.
We can only help Iraqis by providing as much Food, And all the needed accessories for living.
that sounds like a good idea... I dont think the american air strikes would have any massive effect on IS, the situation is going to intensify as time goes on. Until we cut these guys funding, they are going to be difficult to stop.

Dhairya Yadav

Why u hate ISIS, it is the best thing happened in the 21st century.It made entire muslim world NAKED (how they converted by sword & how their for fathers ra*** and converted by jihadi's)

If any help Indian can do is add more OIL to this barbaric cult so that our desi sickulars also open their eyes and re convert their Org faith voluntarily :pound:

what do u mean India is in IS hit list,do u really think these monkeys will march to Delhi :laugh:.Man with in 3/4 yrs they collapse on their own weight just wait &watch
i seriously condemn your thoughts. Our former president APJ abdul kalam was a muslim. He headed india's nuclear tests and made india a true leader in missile technology. Yes, many terrorists use religion to justify their acts, but this is due some maniacs who damaged the thought process of generations and since then, they have witnessed a geometrical growth in terrorists. A 40 something afgan man told that when he was a teenager, his teachers used to wear short skirts, but after taliban took over, they made minds of young children with extremist thoughts. You the full name of US president? Its Barack Hussian Obama. His father was a muslim. And this plateform is the worst place to discuss such sensitive issue. So lets end it here. On the other note, you said India doesnt face any threat from IS. I might remind you that they are a terrorist organisation, who might not take control of any part of india, but might kill several innocent people in terror attacks , and as always, pakistan would be their to fund them.

HMS Astute

I'd be so honoured to see India's contributions to global events and crisis.

If India wants to become a global power, it needs to stand up and project the hard power beyond it's boarder on the global scale.

EXPERT

U
i seriously condemn your thoughts. Our former president APJ abdul kalam was a muslim. He headed india's nuclear tests and made india a true leader in missile technology. Yes, many terrorists use religion to justify their acts, but this is due some maniacs who damaged the thought process of generations and since then, they have witnessed a geometrical growth in terrorists. A 40 something afgan man told that when he was a teenager, his teachers used to wear short skirts, but after taliban took over, they made minds of young children with extremist thoughts. You the full name of US president? Its Barack Hussian Obama. His father was a muslim. And this plateform is the worst place to discuss such sensitive issue. So lets end it here. On the other note, you said India doesnt face any threat from IS. I might remind you that they are a terrorist organisation, who might not take control of any part of india, but might kill several innocent people in terror attacks , and as always, pakistan would be their to fund them.
Dhairya you are new here, these things are common here. Just try to ignore. .. and BTW Welcome to DFI, go and introduce yourself in Introduction section.

EXPERT

If India wants to become a global power, it needs to stand up and project the hard power on the global scale.
Well I don't think we are prepared for the world. For now our priority is our Economy.

ladder

Country flag

If India wants to become a global power, it needs to stand up and project the hard power beyond it's boarder on the global scale.
India will not interfere militarily anywhere outside it's immediate borders if the operation isn't UN sanctioned.

Though even capability wise we can only do little in Iraq.

HMS Astute

that sounds like a good idea... I dont think the american air strikes would have any massive effect on IS, the situation is going to intensify as time goes on. Until we cut these guys funding, they are going to be difficult to stop.
The main purpose of the current air strikes on IS breeding grounds is to reduce the effectiveness of these extremists, and help the Iraqi forces recapture their territory. The option to deploy US/UK/NATO troops on the ground is still on the table and it will be initiated if the situation becomes more precarious. And i had heard that UK Special Forces are already there, preparing to train the Iraqi and Kurdish forces.

HMS Astute

India will not interfere militarily anywhere outside it's immediate borders if the operation isn't UN sanctioned. Though even capability wise we can only do little in Iraq.
Then how does the west do it without the UN's approval?

Dhairya Yadav

The main purpose of the current air strikes on IS breeding grounds is to reduce the effectiveness of these extremists, and help the Iraqi forces recapture their territory. The option to deploy US/UK/NATO troops on the ground is still on the table and it will be initiated if the situation becomes more precarious. And i had heard that UK Special Forces are already there, preparing to train the Iraqi and Kurdish forces.
yes, Prime minister David Cameroon said that ISIS is a direct threat to britain and would send special forces to iraq.
If after all this, IS captures Baghdad, then the iraqi artillery might be used to spread terror and invasion of neighbouring countries. And the way these guys operate, the entire middle east is threatened. That means the world's oil supply is threatened . Even iran is ready to team up with US to stop IS. They are scared.

Dhairya Yadav

Different Policies.

We believe in non-alignment.
non alignment doesnt prevent us from stopping terrorism and waging wars. If that was the case, why did we help bangladesh in their liberation war in 71? Your view is correct if we think of Israel- Gaza conflict, but IS is different.

HMS Astute

And neither Iraq nor Libya are our allies. India needs to project hard power beyond it's boarder if it wants to be recognized as a global power.

Dhairya Yadav

i believe that intervening even on a minor scale will send a strong message to pakistan and china to not to undermine india.

Dhairya Yadav

And neither Iraq nor Libya are our allies. India needs to project hard power beyond it's boarder if it wants to be recognized as a global power.
thats right. Why do we have aircraft carriers then? We got 2 separate task forces , whats better then use them on humanitarian grounds? Even though as of now, india is neither capable,nor aiming at global power, but i think it is fully capable of playing the role of a solid regional power.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles