Shotgun keeps date with 'sister' from Pakistan

ejazr

Ambassador
Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha kept his date with Zain Zia, daughter of former Pakistan President General Mohammad Zia-ul Haq, with whom he had an emotional meeting here today.
The special brother-sister relationship, which the two have nurtured for the past over 25 years, was rekindled with a warm get together at the latter's residence in Islamabad. The bond which developed when General Zia was alive continues till date, the ups and downs in Indo-Pak ties notwithstanding.

Taking time out from the visit of Indian parliamentarians to Pakistan, Sinha accompanied with his BJP colleagues Yashwant Sinha and Syed Shahnawaz Hussain and NCP leader Supriya Sule went to General Zia's residence to meet his daughter, who regards him as an elder brother.

"She was very happy after seeing me... she is my darling sister and I love her very much," said the Bollywood actor-turned-BJP leader.

Zain Zia hosted us warmly and served 'lajawab' (delicious) food including biryani, fish fry and a lots of vegetarian dishes which she herself had cooked, Sinha said.

She enquired about Poonam Sinha and showered praise on their daughter Sonakshi for her performance in the Bollywood hit movie "Dabaang", Sinha popularly known as Shotgun Sinha, said.

General Zia's daughter said she and her family had watched Sonakshi's debut movie opposite Salman Khan several times. "Love and emotional attachment knows no boundary... this is a special relationship of brother-sister between us which is deep rooted unmindful of relationship between the two neighbours," he added.

Besides, Zen Zia, her brother and former Pakistan minister Ijaz-ul-Haq and his family were also present on the occasion.

Shotgun keeps date with 'sister' from Pakistan - Indian Express Mobile

Vyom

Seeker
Only in India you make a sister out of your ideological opponent's daughter. :hail:

Arunpillai

Yeah.. Particularly since he's a right wing hardliner.. Must be special event for those Aman ki Asha guys

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles