Shortage of pilots in IAF

marshal panda

Country flag
It is being reported that there is shortage of 363 pilots in the IAF.The way commercial air lines are developing,they are bound to pinch the air force for pilots.To get a way out and keep the profiles of IAF pilots young,out of box thinking is necessary.For this commercial air lines have to come forward to bear half the cost of basic pilots training and IAF has to increase the intake of short service commissioned officers.It will be benificial for the country.:namaste:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
There are 8,000 shortage of officers in Army too..

agentperry

but on the other hand air force dont have training facility for all the pilots it has right now. the trainers are grounded, yes all stage 2 and 3 trainers are grounded and pilots, they simply fly the jets from propeller driven pesticide spraying small planes.

either shift to unmanned capable force or buy many trainers from abroad, HAL wont deliver them anyway soon

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
they should ease the entry restrictions, increase the pay and increase the age for application.

i belive only people under 22 can get in provided they also have science in 10+2...this sort of nonsense bites them in the ass then they moan later that there is shortage.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
they should ease the entry restrictions, increase the pay and increase the age for application.

i belive only people under 22 can get in provided they also have science in 10+2...this sort of nonsense bites them in the ass then they moan later that there is shortage.
So whats your suggestion? Reduce the restrictions for joining the Airforce?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles