Shocking! No radars over China frontier, confirms IAF chief

JayATL

Last edited by a moderator:

JayATL

Huh- I was told it was just mentioned in the last 24-48 hrs ( the interview), the video was also uploaded yesterday...which dont mean much- but ...

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
He was talking abt low level radars on Mountains at arunachal to scan the mountain passes..

What he didnt mention is abt Army AD, Why would he..

Army AD is responsible for low level air-defense, AD is based on SA-19/SA-13/OSA and ZU-23-2..

A Airfield without radar is difficult to handle, All Major Airbases are equipped with Long range radars like THD-1955 which can scan 1000km if needed, Major Airfields are located behind arunachal border..

Last edited:

KleanKoke

Well...his interview will at least quiet some of the fervor here regarding inviting China to attack India and then seeing what happens. He keeps saying, India isn't ready. Let's hush the hawkish yelling until 2017 shall we? : )

JayATL

He was talking abt low level radars on Mountains at arunachal to scan the mountain passes..

Army AD is responsible for low level air-defense, AD is based on SA-19/SA-13/OSA and ZU-23-2..

A Airfield without radar is difficult to handle, All Major Airbases are equipped with Long range radars like THD-1955 which can scan 1000km if needed, Major Airfields are located behind arunachal border..
then why does he say that the only way to be alerted is by the border army group lookouts in that video?

bhramos

Country flag

this is what he said.....
source:IMINT & Analysis: The Indian SAM Network

Last edited:

JayATL

^^^ which is Pak centric and nothing on the eastern front with china ( vast amounts of gaps), yeah (i'm reading into it correctly- on that map?)

bhramos

Country flag
^^^ which is Pak centric and nothing on the eastern front with china ( vast amounts of gaps), yeah (i'm reading into it correctly- on that map?)
their are vast gaps, and S-125 sites too

their is no evedince of S-300 any where!!!

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I think i have posted this some time back, Also i mention abt the drawback of his work..

Their are more than 5 THD-1955 radars located in NE, May be more..

he says early detection is upto some Indo - tibetain Border police unit ( border ) - GO TO .15 Secs mark on the video
He didnt say that, Its all Media lady coughing and saying crap they made out from their perspective..

Listen to the man ..

JayATL

^^^ okay then listen to .45 seconds mark onwards. He clearly says in own words that ITBP ( indo-tibetian border police ) force lets airforce know of the intrusions... I don't get the selective hearing from you. It is what it is...

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
I find it hard to believe - AFAIK, IAF had big plans to setup radars in the Northeast from 1999-2000. There should be some infra there.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
^^^ okay then listen to .45 seconds mark onwards. He clearly says in own words that ITBP ( indo-tibetian border police ) force lets airforce know of the intrusions... I don't get the selective hearing from you. It is what it is...
1. He mentioned ITBP is one of the form let both army and Air-force know abt intrusions,
2. He also mentioned they lack low level radars over mountain terrain,
3. Why mountain terrain > Coz their are passes where Helo and sub sonic speed aircraft can fly,
4. He didn't mention abt Army AD role coz its Army business and nothing to do with IAF radar,

5.What is so difficult to understand ?, Or what else one trying to see..

I find it hard to believe - AFAIK, IAF had big plans to setup radars in the Northeast from 1999-2000. There should be some infra there.
There is..

Indian Media at its best..

^^^It is what it is-- pathetic .
That how you like to see that way..

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
Common, If we can deploy 2 squadron of MKI and planning to add 3 more by 2015 then I am sure, there must be good no. of radars. Also, 1 AWACS will be deployed soon. So many UAV and coverage of Spy satellite already there. I think, Media misunderstood it. :tsk:

JayATL

1. He mentioned ITBP is one of the form let both army and Air-force know abt intrusions,
2. He also mentioned they lack low level radars over mountain terrain,
3. Why mountain terrain > Coz their are passes where Helo and sub sonic speed aircraft can fly,
4. He didn't mention abt Army AD role coz its Army business and nothing to do with IAF radar,

5.What is so difficult to understand ?, Or what else one trying to see..

There is..

Indian Media at its best..

That how you like to see that way..
dude- he says the only way for airforce and ARMY he states is to be notified through the ITBP force. Now tell me - why if army could notify the airforce per your radar statement- would he THEN say THE ONLY way they get notified about intrusions is through that force and not mention army notifications? and he says even the army gets notified by them ( ITBP)

can someone else help out here and actually watch and hear the AF chief's statement in the video posted here.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles