Shia cleric Allama Nasir Abbas shot dead in Lahore

gokussj9

Country flag
Shia cleric Allama Nasir Abbas shot dead in Lahore - DAWN.COM

LAHORE: Shia cleric Allama Nasir Abbas of Multan was shot dead by unidentified armed men late on Sunday evening, DawnNews reported.

Allama Nasir, a leader of the Tehrik-i-Nifaz-i-Fiqa Jafria, was in Lahore for the past few days to conduct Majalis.

He was going to his residence after attending a Majlis in Shah Jamal when armed motorcycles intercepted his vehicle near FC College Underpass and opened fire.

Abbas was seriously injured in the attack and was taken to Sheikh Zayed Hospital. However, he succumbed to his injuries. Other occupants of the car including his friend, student and driver survived the attack.

Condemning the killing of Shia cleric, Majlis-i-Wahdatul Muslimeen has announced three days of mourning.

A spokesman of Majlis Wahadatul Musalameen said that the government has failed to stop sectarian targeted killings.

Meanwhile, Tahafuz-i-Azadari Council in Karachi also condemned the killing and slammed the government for failing to protect Shias in the country.

Following Allama Nasir's murder, a large number of his followers reached Shiekh Zayed Hospital.

Expressing their anger, they chanted slogans against the government and damaged the premises.

They further demanded that the body be handed over to them.

After recieving the body, the protestors marched towards the Governor House.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles