Shenyang i5M8 CNC Machine Tool has precision of 0.003 mm | China Daily

Martian

Respected Member
China's Shenyang Machine Tool Co. Ltd. (SMTCL) has introduced the indigenous i5M8 CNC machine tool. It is important for the following reasons.

a. Shenyang's i5M8 has incredible precision of 3 microns.
"For example, it can make gadget parts with a machining precision of 0.003 mm, equivalent to 1/25th of a human hair's width."

b. Shenyang's i5M8 operates with Chinese software.
"Shenyang Machine Tool developed the i5 smart numerical control system in 2007 by investing 1.15 billion yuan.

The i5 broke the monopoly of companies such as Siemens and Fanuc over machine tool motion control systems, and demonstrated that numerical controlled machine tools could have a 'Chinese brain'."

c. Shenyang's i5M8 is flexible.
"I5M8 can not only produce eight different models of a tool but make them in three-, four- or five-axis format, said Guan Xiyou, president of the company. 'Its unique feature is multi-usage, it's like a wild card.'"

d. Shenyang's i5M8 improves efficiency by replacing 10 machine tools with two or three i5M8s.
"This could mean companies that hitherto needed eight to 10 such toolmakers, could now do with just two to three units of i5M8, saving on costs, labor and factory floor space."

e. Shenyang's i5M8 allows for ease of monitoring via smartphone.
"The intelligent platform allows users to monitor its functioning on smartphones or other smart devices, Guan said."

f. Shenyang's i5M8 can be used in numerous high-tech industries.
"The toolmaker is expected to be used primarily in aerospace, automotive, consumer electronics and other industries that require high-precision parts like valves and pumps.

Toolmakers such as i5M8 are expected to find wide applications in the consumer electronics industry. So far, Japanese companies such as Fanuc dominated the segment of toolmakers."

----------

Shenyang company offers world's first smart machine tool - Business - Chinadaily.com.cn

Global Defence

New threads

Articles