Shashi Tharoor: Britain owes reparations to India

Varahamihira

Country flag

This is the video be was talking about....
This Tharoor took all the info from twitter and blogs and not even acknowledged them.
His a$$ is on fire or else why would he bring the facts(which is not congress style) into the picture that too when Chornia is alive.It seems he want to prolong or escape the investigation he's going through.Never trust him.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
This Tharoor took all the info from twitter and blogs and not even acknowledged them.
His a$$ is on fire or else why would he bring the facts(which is not congress style) into the picture that too when Chornia is alive.It seems he want to prolong or escape the investigation he's going through.Never trust him.
I know but I loved how he burned the asses of the britshits in britshit lands. Credit given where it was due

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
and some reports tell he got a sound reprimand from madamji while a pat on the back by the PM :D

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Sunanda murder case is following him. He needs pat from Modi.
He has made this speech before in a debate opposing argument of the other side, and he mowed down many supremacist bigots at that time as well. Many of his quoted were repeated here.

You be surprised to know that one of the participant on other side of the argument was a Pakistani women who was defending British occupation of Sub Continent. The blood running in the veins of such People have become so watery that it doesn't even has any other color in it, let alone green in case of Pakistanis, they masquerade to have. I mean there will be many morons in India as well who see the occupation as blessing in disguise.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
He has made this speech before in a debate opposing argument of the other side, and he mowed down many supremacist bigots at that time as well. Many of his quoted were repeated here.

You be surprised to know that one of the participant on other side of the argument was a Pakistani women who was defending British occupation of Sub Continent. The blood running in the veins of such People have become so watery that it doesn't even has any other color in it, let alone green in case of Pakistanis, they masquerade to have. I mean there will be many morons in India as well who see the occupation as blessing in disguise.
@Zebra was extolling the virtues of Portuguese rule in Goa :lol:

Zebra

Country flag
@Zebra was extolling the virtues of Portuguese rule in Goa :lol:

..................................................................................................................................

pmaitra

I took out the relevant posts and created a new thread. Folks, please listen to the speech, and share your thoughts.

prohumanity

Country flag
I was jumping with joy that a leader from Congress Party has balls of steel to say the truth confidently and that to international audience. It delivery was extraordinary and some of his statements were powerful and impressive.
Seemed like in a Congress leader's body ..a BJP soul has entered OR you can say the hidden Indian patriots suddenly burst like a volcano. The speech was probably the best I heard from a Congress leader after the passing away of our lady of steel, Mrs. Indira Gandhi. Shashi Tharoor speech was great and even PM Modi
could not stop his praise for him.
Mr. Modi probably felt Mr Tharoor was saying his "MAN KI BAAT".

prohumanity

Country flag
I want to respond to Shakal's "Sunanda murder case" comment. Firstly, I don't believe Sunanda was murdered...it was clearly a suicide, impulsive suicide to be accurate.
She suffered from depression and Borderline personality disorder and got extremely afraid that Shashi Tharoor is going to abandon her for the Pakistani journalist. This distorted perception became a reality in her mind and she impulsively ended her life to avoid facing this event from happening.
People try to malign political leaders for many different reasons and Mr Tharoor is a victim of this false accusation of murder by some ignorant opponents.

pmaitra

IMHO, it does not matter what party a person belongs to. When any Indian is constantly badgered with talks of how Britain "helped" India with railways and gives "aid," nationalism will automatically rise even from those of us who rarely even think about Britain, let alone think ill about it.

Zebra

Country flag
If you are superstitious, you wouldn't want it back. Whoever had it, went belly up.
Beautiful.
Than we want it.
Will gift it to China.
They are our friends.

:hippo:

CrYsIs

Country flag
What moral right does he have to point fingers at the British ?his party has done twice more damage to the country than the former colonial masters.

British were colonial rulers,what did you except for them? All colonial rulers were plundered and Britain was no different.

Playing the victim card and blaming the former rulers for the failures of today makes us look cheap in front of the world.

Just how long will we play this card?

It's 70 years and countries which were in as miserable shape as us back then are now well ahead of us.Last checked even Bangladesh has overtaken us in many fields.

Agreed 70 years is not enough to reach western standards but why is the country still in the bottom of the heap right along with the very worst of Africa ? Atleast we could have reached to the levels of Philippines or Indonesia.

This is a country which even after 70 years of independence is struggling with basic amenities like clean drinking water,let alone food and housing.

Therefore until and unless we become a successful country,we have no right to castigate others.

Last edited:

thethinker

Country flag
What moral right does he have to point fingers at the British ?his party has done twice more damage to the country than the former colonial masters.

British were colonial rulers,what did you except for them? All colonial rulers were plundered and Britain was no different.

Playing the victim card and blaming the former rulers for the failures of today makes us look cheap in front of the world.

Just how long will we play this card?

It's 70 years and countries which were in as miserable shape as us back then are now well ahead of us.Last checked even Bangladesh has overtaken us in many fields.

Agreed 70 years is not enough to reach western standards but why is the country still in the bottom of the heap right along with the very worst of Africa ? Atleast we could have reached to the levels of Philippines or Indonesia.

This is a country which even after 70 years of independence is struggling with basic amenities like clean drinking water,let alone food and housing.

Therefore until and unless we become a successful country,we have no right to castigate others.
  • That speech was a part of debate on whether British rule was beneficial for their colonies.

• The speakers were from various former colonies, Tharoor was one, someone from Jamaica and so on.

• The final outcome was that the arguments put forth by from former colonies (including that of Tharoor) that British rule was not beneficial to their colonies won the debate.

• It was a empathic win too, voted 156 in favour of former colonies v/s 89 for the Britishers.

But hey, being a self loathing ignoramus troll is much easier, especially online. Carry on.

salute

I know but I loved how he burned the asses of the britshits in britshit lands. Credit given where it was due
man,dont fall for that,brits knew how indians gonna react when this video gets public,they know indians better than indian know about themselves,
must be the reason first place how they ruled india.

salute

I was jumping with joy that a leader from Congress Party has balls of steel to say the truth confidently and that to international audience. It delivery was extraordinary and some of his statements were powerful and impressive.
Seemed like in a Congress leader's body ..a BJP soul has entered OR you can say the hidden Indian patriots suddenly burst like a volcano. The speech was probably the best I heard from a Congress leader after the passing away of our lady of steel, Mrs. Indira Gandhi. Shashi Tharoor speech was great and even PM Modi
congressi learned how to do such drama from brits,very old association between them you know :laugh: ,
modi praised him because he had too,
this is already a politics between modi,tharoor,congressi and now brits came for bullsh*tting ???

aliyah

All of them when out of india on any media their patriotism goes to high lvl even owasi bothers

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles