Shaolin Disciples Enlisted in PLA Marine Corp

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
@roma
Last two posts don't even belong in this thread. Did you mean to post them here or in another thread?
if you notice that in the last but one of my posts - i was replying to member satanist with a partial quote from him
you might therefore preferably raise the issue with him about the relevance on this thread ?

the last post was a correction of some data i had just posted as teh 30 min time limit for editing had expired
regards,
R

Last edited by a moderator:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I think there are several schools of Shaolin wushu that the monks specialize in.
What about the troops, special forces, PAP ? Do they all use Sanda or do they incorporate other martial arts too ?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Honestly I do not know. :sad:
I heard that the PAP officers learn Sanda or Sanshou (primarily for keeping fit, close quarter combat, crowd control).
I am guessing special forces also learn the same, as Sanda was I believe primarily invented for the military.

ShabiKB

Tihar Jail
Banned
Mods, please ban this false flagger, it is not as funny as he thinks.quite disturbing...

Chinese kung fu master KO'd by American fighter
Chinese kung fu master KO'd by American fighter; Chinese netizens feel mortified (video) | Ministry of Tofu 豆腐部

after that, Shaolin Kongfu step out from altar, these Kongfu players hard to make living, they are very low educated, don't know English.
so they have not choice but join army. copy version after all is copy version.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
if you notice that in the last but one of my posts - i was replying to member satanist with a partial quote from him
you might therefore preferably raise the issue with him about the relevance on this thread ?

the last post was a correction of some data i had just posted as teh 30 min time limit for editing had expired
regards,
R
I don't want to raise an issue with anybody. If every non-defense thread on DFI becomes a desultory conversation (which they almost always do) I would not care.

Snuggy321

These new recruits all graduated from Songshan martial arts academy, some of them participated in beijing 08 olympic openning performance. Look how well trained they are, the pose is as stable as a heavy rock.

Drilling in their school

of course you have to learn how to shoot a gun too. Kungfu alone is not enough

Great now they can dodge bullets and catch them with their hands...

OT: What rifle are they using?

ShabiKB

Tihar Jail
Banned
Great now they can dodge bullets and catch them with their hands...

OT: What rifle are they using?
it is a student military training, Type 56 automatic assault rifles, Chinese version of AK47s, all retired from active services.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Shape of human hand may have evolved for fighting, scientists say - latimes.com

Why are our hands the shape that they are? Compared with those of other apes, the thumb is longer and the palms and fingers are short. Scientist have a variety of ideas as to why they evolved to be that way:

--The comparatively longer thumb allows us so much more dexterity, permitting us to make tools.

--The proportions of the hand may be the indirect consequence of natural selection for a foot with a long toe, so handy for keeping balance while walking. (Hand and foot development occur along very similar lines, and many of the same molecules are involved. That means natural selection for one would affect development of the other as well.)

Researchers at the University of Utah have another suggestion: The hand is the shape that it is because it allows us to make a nice fist for fighting that protects key parts of the hand from harm.

The proposal, made by student Michael Morgan and biologist David Carrier, was published in the Journal of Experimental Biology. The duo tested their hypothesis in a series of experiments in which men pounded punching bags, squeezed pressure sensors or performed one-handed push-ups on top of pressure sensors. From this, the scientists learned that force meted out by the hand is about the same when a bag is punched by a fist versus slapped, but nearly twice as great when you consider that the fist delivers its force to a smaller surface area. The study also found that the knuckle joint of the index finger is rendered stiffer and more stable -- transfering force more effectively and protecting the hand -- when a tight fist is made.

huaxia rox

Why do you shy away from the history? This shows that you chinese are very arrogant about yourselves being supreme.........

Remember what happened to U.S.S.R., it was more powerful than anyone can imagine at that time and now they have no money to fund their R&D...........

The truth is BODIDHARMA taught them Martial arts and later the SHAOLIN MONKS improvised the art and I too know about Wing-Chun and its induction into Shaolin Kung-fu and we too have some Shaolin Masters who have learned from GREAT SHAOLIN MASTERS in China and in Shaolin temples........

The person who learnt in China is Shifuji Deepak Dubey (A Shaolin Gong-Fu Master) is A Warrior Monk of 32nd Generation of Shaolin Warrior Monks from Shaolin Temple shifu deepak dubeyChina,Which is Headed By Da Shifuji Shi De Yang ( The Supper Grand Grand Master of Shaolin Temple China)( Headmaster of Shaolin Warrior Monks & Team Captain of Shaolin Warriors ).

SO, INDIA too has Shaolin masters training our commandos..........

This is a blog about him

Shifu-Shifuji Deepak Dubey Grand Master Of Kung-fu, Fusion Kung-fu
dont know who is the one actually is shying away from the history..........BODIDHARMA taught them Martial arts??? what are you talking about??? chinese used martial arts as earily as in xia dynasty and written evidence can be found in materials as old as some from 5th century BCE......where were the so called indians back then???

the 1st real contact with people from the current india area (called kushan empire) was when kushan empire tried to take one of han dynasties princess and so invade han china with some 70000 troops but finally got completely defeated by general ban chao..........how on earth can the winner of a war learn some martial arts from the loser??

learn some facts my indian friend......

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Shaolin of Budhist monks wins....

Budhism wins and so called Communism of CCP fails...

Glad...

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
dont know who is the one actually is shying away from the history..........BODIDHARMA taught them Martial arts??? what are you talking about??? chinese used martial arts as earily as in xia dynasty and written evidence can be found in materials as old as some from 5th century BCE......where were the so called indians back then???

the 1st real contact with people from the current india area (called kushan empire) was when kushan empire tried to take one of han dynasties princess and so invade han china with some 70000 troops but finally got completely defeated by general ban chao..........how on earth can the winner of a war learn some martial arts from the loser??

learn some facts my indian friend......
My friend. I did not say that Wing chun was taught by Bodhidharman.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles