Shame: Pakistan again in match fixing quagmire

Zaki

Country flag
lmao :emot15:

who roams around with sisters wedding money in briefcase
well yeah its ridiculous to keep 50k of money in your brief case while you are on tour of a foreign country. But unfortunately the law does not forbid to keep such fortune with you and "News of the week" will have to prove somehow that the money he is possessing is the same money that was given to him by them.

Recording note numbers could be a great idea and i am sure if they had given to him, they must have recorded the number for each note too :)

Zaki

Country flag
RAW agents planted money in there hotel room and India paid that bookie and notw to defame pak.

All pak players are houlier than thou =xy
Naa, Mazhar Mujeed and the reporter both of them are RAW agents. The reporter's real name is "Amar Singh"
and the newspaper "News of the week" is owned by a Jewish company funded by Mossad

Kidding

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
well yeah its ridiculous to keep 50k of money in your brief case while you are on tour of a foreign country. But unfortunately the law does not forbid to keep such fortune with you and "News of the week" will have to prove somehow that the money he is possessing is the same money that was given to him by them.

Recording note numbers could be a great idea and i am sure if they had given to him, they must have recorded the number for each note too :)
this is all pussy footing...why dont you accept that they betrayed your country ?

why would he take sisters marriage money from pak to england ? if he didn't take from pak then from where in england did he receive money ?

Last edited:

Zaki

Country flag
this is all pussy footing...why dont you accept that they betrayed your country ?

why would he take sisters marriage money from pak to england ? if he didn't take from pak and from where in england did he receive money ?
I am not defending anybody, I have already cursed the whole team in the initial pages if you have a look at it again. I am just telling the court proceedings as I have worked in my uncle's Law firm for almost an year and I feel this is a very weak case and seems like some or all of the players will be released from all charges soon

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Naa, Mazhar Mujeed and the reporter both of them are RAW agents. The reporter's real name is "Amar Singh"
and the newspaper "News of the week" is owned by a Jewish company funded by Mossad

Kidding
have few of the pakistani journalists actually started claiming that? :D

Zaki

Country flag
have few of the pakistani journalists actually started claiming that? :D
No thats my personal statement only. What we have come to know so far is that the reporter too is a Pakistani. His name was Mazhar something and the match fixer is Mazhar Majeed. In short, all of them are Pakistanis....

deepak75

First few thoughts about the Pakistani reaction. It is SOP for them to handle all situations of their brethern. You may relate exactly same behaviour by Pakistan in all major crisis that they have faced whether it be 9/11 scenario or 26/11 scenario or let us say even this incident of national shame. Their SOP is:

1. When the news breaks (and unfortunately for them it is always on live TV), first is total shock and admission of total embarrassment and offer of total cooperaiton etc. (This is the genuine civilian reaction).
2. A little bit in to the crisis they start arguing the facts (even when the whole world can see the the Elephant in the room). This is when the GHQ has called in and suggested an approach.
3. Blatant defiance against all evidence and total and shameless ignorance of law and deflection of blame. = RAW or CIA or the West is out to get Pakistan, or this is a conspiracy against the Umm..AAhhh.. (Ring any bells??)
4. When evidence is overwhelming and the world makes Pakistan finally see or else.... then they promise to act.
5. Then after the committment comes the dilly dallying on one pretext or the other (Judge ke pet me dard hai.... or Hamare system ka ek tareeka hai..... or agar aap hame push karenge to hum apne aap ko goli maar lenge, or saara pakistan taliban ke under aa jayega agar aap hamse yeh karwayenge to.... etc.)
6. Finally when the news is old and the world has softened, then start business as usual till another crisis erupts when the repeat the flowchart.

So I am not surprised at the turn of events on their head in the Pakistani perspective over last days vis-a-vis last night. And I think that the GHQ called in last night so step 2 is now in action.

Re the legal process:

What Scotland Yard will determine is whether there was a crime/fraud committed by these players via spot-ixing. Betting is legal in UK and any fixing is conniving to fraud the system as it stands. So they are trying to establish criminal culpability which will have to be proved beyond doubt. The video evidence may not be admissible as primary evidence but when clubbed with the marked (?) currency notes (if recovered from) Butty's room together with all other circumstancial evidence will surely prove the crime. But that is to be seen.

However, even when the criminal culpability is not proven (for the sake of Pakistani's I hope it is not because then at least three of them will be facing jail terms in U.K) the filth that was played out on Live TV at Lord's is for the whole cricketing world to see. Now I hand it to Pakistan that they have always managed to wriggle out of disastrous situations many a times (before they get in to them again) but in this case, they need to remember that there is no NATO trucks going thru Pakistan and the threat of self implosion if "I am not pampered" may not just work.

Further, the longer this is in the news, the longer will the credibility (?) of Pakistan will be even more tattered in world opinion for allowing this criminal and conniving behaviour to continue as acceptable.

johnee

Deepak,
could you draw a flowchart of pakistani perfidy. It can come in handy whenever such 'crises' arise and they will arise a plenty given the state of Pakistani state...

For eg: another attack on Ameerika or an attack on Pakistani PM/10%/General or an attack on CWG...etc etc.

johnee

Pakistan are truly experts at wriggling out of tricky situations but the tricky part is that they are also experts in digging a hole for themselves. And the most funny part is that whoever tries to help them suffers the most due to pakistani perfidy.

Lets relive the events that led the pakistani cricket to this juncture:

1)Pakistan has become a state ravaged by home-grown(military sponsored) terrorism.
2)The rest of the world, specially, the goras do not want to risk playing in Pakistan.
3)As a result, Asia Cup which was supposed to be played at Pakistan is being delayed.
4)PCB asks the big brother BCCI to help.
5)BCCI fixes a indo-pak series in Pakistan. The succesful completion of the series would lend credence to the pakistan's claims to hold Asia Cup.
6)But the inbuilt Pakistaniyat strikes those who seek to help it. Thus, India is attacked by Pakistani terrorists in 26/11.
7)Promptly the BCCI cancels the indo-pak series keeping in mind the indian public sentiment.
8)PCB huffs and puffs and vows a tit-for-tat.
9)PCB as a tit-for-tat refuses its players permission to play in IPL.
10)Meanwhile, to compensate for the loss of Indo-Pak series, Pakistan fixes a match with Sri Lanka.
11)SLC headed by Arjuna Ranatunga sees an oppurtunity to befriend PCB and gain some clout to counter BCCI.
12)The tour goes ahead as Pakistan promises presidential security.
13)But the inner pakistaniyat strikes again. Sri Lankan team is attacked. Sri Lankan player Samaraweera gets a bullent injury and the Sri Lankan team is air lifted out of the stadium and immediately rushed out of the country.
14)The pakistani perfidy starts again. They blame RAW. SLC and Sri Lanka do not buy it. Pakistan blames LTTE as LTTE was waging war against Sri Lanka at that time. No one believes Pakistan anymore.
15)And no one wants to tour Pakistan anymore. So, Pakistan loses the hosting of World Cup.
16)PCB blames BCCI. Pakistan blames India. It tries to scuttle the hosting chances of India as well by doing an equal equal between India and Pakistan.
17)BCCI gets angry and PCB loses the support of big brother.
18)Pakistan does not play cricket for a long time.
19)Everyone takes pity on the plight of Pakistan. So, other countries come forward to play pakistan in neutral venues as well.
20)Pakistan cricket starts another innings. Everything is going fine except the usual cries of Pakistan cricketers being cheater or fixers..etc.
21)ECB chief Giles Clark bends backward to fix a series with Pakistan.
22)Pakistan arrives in England and test series goes ahead. But the inner pakistaniyat strikes again and the pakistani cricketers fix the matches brazenly.
23)An english tabloid exposes the nexus of Pakistani cricketers with the fixers who are agents of mafia.
24)PCB still refuses to take any action claiming insufficient evidence. The usual pakistani perfidy is still intact. But ECB is regretting its decision to play with Pakistan.
25)Now no cricket board or cricketers wants to ruin their credibility by playing with pakistan.

The end-result pakistan can neither play at home nor abroad.

Moral of the story: If you try to feed pakistan, then it will bite your hand.

Last edited:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Pakistan are truly experts at wriggling out of tricky situations
this part is phenomenal infact. if someone is looking for a crises management team and for troubleshooters, pakistanis are a perfect match, no matter how weird their negotiation skills might sound, what matters is they get the job done and they need to be commended for that.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
'Spot-fixers should be fined, not banned' - News - Cricket Next

New Delhi: Pointing out the difference between spot-fixing and match-fixing, the former Pakistan captain Imran Khan said that both terms are different and should not be mixed.
While talking to CNN-IBN, the captain of the World Cup winning side said, "Spot-fixing is not throwing away the complete match but match-fixing is just that."

"By bowling no-balls and playing a maiden over does not affect the outcome of the game but in the match-fixing the whole team deliberately gets involved and change the outcome of the game," he added.

The former Pakistan skipper were also not in favour of a life ban to players involved in spot-fixing and said players involved should be dealt seriously and imposing heavy fines and not life ban.
"There should be some definite amount of ban given but not life ban for the players who are involved in spot-fixing", Imran said.
"Crime does not pay, so the players who are involved in spot-fixing should be fined heavily. There should be huge fine so that players suffer financially and it should hurt their pockets," he added.
The cricketer-turned politician Imran also said that the new way of fixing is just a way to make money in short span of time and it is extremely difficult to spot.
"Spot-fixing is just the way of making quick money and it is impossible to find out, so the players should be fined heavily and maybe a limited ban should be imposed but not a life ban."
Talking about match-fixing, he told, "he was more concerned about the allegations where the whole Pakistan team deliberately threw the Sydney Test match in January against Australia."
Former Pakistan great continued by saying that back in 1993 when the first match-fixing matter came up with the Pakistan board, it should have been dealt in a better way.
"In 1993 when the the enquiry happened, if the enquiry had been followed right through the end, if the right measures had been taken and they would have tried to reach the root cause of the problem, Pakistan cricket won't have been facing this problem", he added.

johnee

this part is phenomenal infact. if someone is looking for a crises management team and for troubleshooters, pakistanis are a perfect match, no matter how weird their negotiation skills might sound, what matters is they get the job done and they need to be commended for that.
The only drawback of pak way of crisis management is that you end up making a fool out of yourself. But yes, you are right, it does work. But you wont be left with any credibility or trustworthyness.

johnee

TR,
Pakistanis are tactically brilliant but strategic fools. They gain temporary relief by risking their future. If you go through the events that I posted, you would find that Pakistan gained temporary relief at the cost of the credibility. And due to its loss of credibility, today it stands at a point where no one wants to play with it. It can neither play at home nor abroad. Tactically brilliant but strategical idiots...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Even if ICC/PCB imposes a huge fine, but the case will still be nanga nahaega kya or nichodega kya??

deepak75

Bro, going by the evidence, their approach is akin to the law of diminishing returns. So every time they befall such a self inflicted strategy and wriggle out of it by "hook or crook", they come out dirtier and their opinion smaller. Clearly you can see by the fact that even the Arabs do not back them anymore. Compare that from 65 and 71 when they had tremendous support from these very countries. Afterall, by the end, even the shades of grays run out as they are finite.

johnee

Yusuf, if the Pakistani team comprising of greats like Shoaib Chuckter, Shoiab Mirza, Akmal bros,...etc play in WC. Then anything short of them winning the WC title, the pakistani awaam will screem 'fixing' perhaps another trial of treason will follow. And if the team wins the WC, the rest of the world will know that it was 'fixed'. Thus, ICC is in a fix on this 'fixing' issue.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I was talking with my friend yesterday and we remembered Bob Woolmer. Also putting into context Jeff Lawsons statement about mafia threatening them to pick certain players, i feel the ICC should look into a match fixing angle to Woolmers murder. I now feel that he might have overheard or come to know of Pakistani players' intention to throw a match and he might have been silenced before he let it out.

johnee

^^^Yep, the pakistan cricket killed woolmer and now the pakistani public is outcrying as if this is the first time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles