Shahid afridi barking as he reaches home.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
How could the any sensible person make both these comments... Unless he is on drugs or is a moron?
In case of any delusional pakistani - Both!!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
First of all, thanks to Yusuf for clearing up all the muck from this thread.

While it has always been a ploy of Pakistanis to divide Indians along religious lines, some of us, unfortunately, end up taking the bait and resort to Muslim-bashing. This is the reason why separation of religion and politics or sport in the lines of separation of the church and the state has to be practised by all of us.
Gullible Indians always fall for this trap set by pakistanis.

Pakistani spouts rubbish so lets start bashing muslims....why not bash pakistan ? Only thing achieved by it is that Indians are divided once again. Mission success for pakistan.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
when war comes he will surrender quicker than a roadside randi bends. :pound:

mayfair

First of all, thanks to Yusuf for clearing up all the muck from this thread.

While it has always been a ploy of Pakistanis to divide Indians along religious lines, some of us, unfortunately, end up taking the bait and resort to Muslim-bashing. This is the reason why separation of religion and politics or sport in the lines of separation of the church and the state has to be practised by all of us.
Hats off mate..well said. But the fact that most of us did not rise to these flamebaits should be seen for what it is. Our identity as Indians is not hostage to religious affiliations and that's how it should remain. The tragi-comic events across the border is an indictment enough and a warning to be heeded by all.

It's only apt that Indians and Sri Lankan teams both composed of multi ethnic and religious groups contested the finals in good faith and sportsmen spirit and nowhere we saw these affiliations being invoked.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
now what afridi will bark:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ars-slam-Afridis-line/articleshow/7879040.cms

MUMBAI: Outraged over Pakistani cricket team captain Shahid Afridi's anti-India comments, a group of Muslim clerics and intelligentsia blamed the young cricketer's outbursts on "the doctored Islam that is being taught in Pakistani schools and madrassas". They advised Afridi to "utilize his time and resources to fight fanaticism, which is growing in Pakistan".
Eminent Indian Muslim scholars have said that his comments were immature and uncalled for. "If Allah has really given Pakistan and Pakistani Muslims such a large heart, why is it that the minorities, the Ahmedias and the Shias, live in fear there," asked Mumbai-based Shia scholar Maulana Zaheer Abbas Rizvi.

SHASH2K2

Harbhajan hits out at Afridi for his comments on Indians

JALLANDHAR: Ace Indian spinner Harbhajan Singh hit out at Pakistan skipper Shahid Afridi for his out-of-turn reaction on Indians and their supposedly lack of big-heartedness. ( Read: I have been quoted out of context: Afridi ) ( Read: Afridi slams Indian people, media )

"If Indians were not large-hearted, they wouldn't have made so much of progress and delivered growth," said an angry Harbhajan, reacting to Afridi's controversial remarks that Indians cannot be as large-hearted as the Pakistani.

"I think it's been an uncalled for reaction. It wouldn't help the love and respect with which he is treated in this country."

Afridi, in a television interview, had berated Indians for their "lack of large heart, unlike Muslims and Pakistanis" and criticised Indian opener Gautam Gambhir for dedicating the win over Pakistan to victims of 26/11 attacks in Mumbai.

After his remarks created a furore, Afridi did a volte-face, claiming that he was misunderstood and quoted out of context.

"Media makes a big deal of small issues. It is shameful. I have always done my bit to improve Indo-Pak ties but sometimes you say something and it is interpreted the other way. I have been quoted out of context," Afridi said.

neo29

Afridi is a loud mouth. He managed to cool down the pakistani public by apologizing to them after the match they lost. He knew that critics will probably land him in trouble so he played a good game by raking up a controversy towards Indians.

As of now he has managed to keep himself safe after loosing to India.

prahladh

Respected Member
Try making that same statement when you are in India.

Blackwater

First this:

[YT]MVdk7hfhWhU[/YT]

Now this:

[YT]JKkBjk7E5u4[/YT]

How could the any sensible person make both these comments... Unless he is on drugs or is a moron?
he is pakistani. That word says all...........

Oracle

A little correction, Gambhir dedicated the world cup final match victory in Mumbai to the 26/11 victims, not the victory against Pakistan. Though, he said that the victory against Pakistan will also help the Mumbai victims find solace, which I think was wrong of him to say, as what the victims will feel solace in should be left to them.
What is wrong in Gambhir's statement? His statement will surely find a healing touch amongst the victims of the 26/11 attacks. Please do not speculate unnecessarily.

ganesh177

Country flag
'Shahid Afridi is a coward'

People of India are shocked by Shahid Afridi's statements in the Pakistani media. He has accused India of being a bad host and has said that Indians don't have a large heart. There's a lot of criticism pouring in against the Pakistan cricket captain. Suniel Shetty, who was present during the Mohali encounter, and saw firsthand what Indians did for the people from across the border, is angry too. "Afridi is a coward.

Before making angry comments he should ask his brother what all Indians did for him. His brother was constantly with us bonding and chatting throughout the match in Mohali. We made sure he, his girlfriend, other friends and relatives who were in the stadium, didn't feel left out. We looked after them and made them feel at home. I think we were really sensitive to them as well as all the other Pakistanis who came to see the match in Punjab. If Afridi had issues, he should have opened his mouth here. Why say things after going back home? Clearly, he wants to divert attention of his team's loss to India by stoking the tension that the two countries historically have. This is really cheap, given that both the countries and its people want peace. A captain of a national team should be a responsible man."

Anna adds, "Pakistan played awesome cricket through the tournament and Afridi's rant has just taken away all that from our minds. His statements are not true. I saw how people on the streets welcomed Pakistanis and had meals with them. When the Pakistani premier and his janta of reporters wanted to see the match from the stands, we made sure that they got space. We crunched and stood but made sure that they had the best view.

Afridi should ask Shoaib Akhtar about the adulation he got. People, including me, went up to him, hugged him and said that they will miss him because it was his last international match. Afridi should concentrate on his cricket and play a little better next time to get the spotlight. He should do a poll with the people who came to India and ask them about India's hospitality before shooting his mouth off. I have lost respect for him and I am not afraid to say this — maybe in front of entire India."

'Shahid Afridi is a coward' - The Times of India

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
We don't need Suniel Shetty to tell us that. What's more cowardly is taking advantage of the situation to come into the limelight (every tom **** and harry lambasting Afridi to come into the headlines).

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I completely disagree,

The people of India need to know the real Pakistanis. When Pakistanis says something good about India in India, its given a lot of coverage. But what they say when they go back to their country is not covered. So the Indian people end up not knowing how much of a two-faced nutcases these guys are.

Sohail Tanvir incident is a good example, most Indians didn't know about the vitriolic comments he made and they were still supporting him and saying he should play IPL and what not.

There is difference between reporting a news & crafting a hoopla over it.

pankaj nema

Country flag
I don t want cricket ties with Pakistan to resume because once cricket gets resumed ,Pakistan will mislead and tell the whole world that terror is no longer a problem and that "all is well"

So Afridi must be thanked because he has damaged the peace process

venkat

Every pakistani , be it a politician, be it a military dictator ,or a diplomat,they play india card
to save their a$$es getting whacked by their general public, when they find themselves in hopeless situation!!!. So Afridi is no different!!!! fortunately for them, this simple trick works in Pakistan!!!see ,how they have linked up their loss to 26/11 terror attack by their fellow countrymen!!!so, all roads in pakistan leads to India.!!!

JBH22

Every pakistani , be it a politician, be it a military dictator ,or a diplomat,they play india card
to save their a$$es getting whacked by their general public, when they find themselves in hopeless situation!!!. So Afridi is no different!!!! fortunately for them, this simple trick works in Pakistan!!!see ,how they have linked up their loss to 26/11 terror attack by their fellow countrymen!!!so, all roads in pakistan leads to India.!!!
A country filled with hatred towards India and specially Hindus, brainwashed since birth by a so called racial and moral superiority over us and the greatest BS of all time is when people come and say we should make peace.
Pakistan is not a country to expect something positive from them at best we can have a status quo note that each decade they try something its only because their a$$ are getting mowed down by internal conflicts that they did not try something like Kargil again.

Last edited:

ganesh177

Country flag
We don't need Suniel Shetty to tell us that. What's more cowardly is taking advantage of the situation to come into the limelight (every tom **** and harry lambasting Afridi to come into the headlines).
Sunil shetty was present at the match so he had shared his experience how he met his brother and all.
Anyways he was asked the question so he has to answer and so he did.

I dont think he needs limelight commenting on this shameless person.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Sunil shetty was present at the match so he had shared his experience how he met his brother and all.
Anyways he was asked the question so he has to answer and so he did.
Doesn't matter if he was at the match.

I dont think he needs limelight commenting on this shameless person.
Limelight is exactly what he and others like him ended up getting. The best response to Afridi is no response. I'm sure they already know that.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles