Serve n volley VS Baseline

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Growing up watching the greats of tennis who were wonderful serve and volley players, I lost interest in watching tennis which started to get dominated by baseline players who use double hand to play backhand shots.

Wonder why the art of serve and volley died away. Will we see players like McEnroes, Navratilovas ever again?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
In table tennis, the governing body took the decision to increase the ball size to slow it down. I wonder if tennis' body would take any steps to stop the racket dominating and taking skill factor out from the game.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
No I've tried catching up with tennis again but it was no fun. Most rallies don't last 3-4 shots. I would rather watch old matches being replayed.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
Solid beast pretty much hit this one on the head, its all about the racket technology these days; don't know if there will be any adjustments in the technicalities of the game. But trust me, just go down to the court and start hitting the ball around, you'll be a tennis lover again.

Women's tennis sure have lots of moving parts (so to speak) but there are hardly any rallies worthy of mention. Rallies overall may have changed to power based shots, but we only see them consistently in men's tennis.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well I have always been a tennis "watcher". Did hit a few balls back in school when the greats were in full flow. Edburg, Sampras, going further back, Lendl, McEnroe, Connors when I was bur just a kid.

Would be a good idea though now to hit the court to lose all the "protoplasm" around by stomach.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles