Senate Passes Bill Exposing Saudi Arabia to 9/11 Legal Claims

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Us is past the point of blaming US has declared a war on terror and many (Islamic)
Nations have paid the price . Now USA will legislate and demand compensation .
Most terrorism worldwide is suppose to originate from Saudi Arabia so it will be easy
To give proof but collecting may be harder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They will demand compensation yes but will they be able to enforce it on the Saudis?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Country flag
They will demand compensation yes but will they be able to enforce it on the Saudis?

They will freeze Saudi assets fairly easy. They froze Iranian assets for more than three decades

Kshatriya87

Country flag
They will freeze Saudi assets fairly easy. They froze Iranian assets for three decades

You mean assets in America? Before passing this bill, Saudis already threatened to remove $750 billion worth of assets from America if this bill was passed. If the Americans manage to sue them and freeze assets before the Saudis sell them, then it can work.

Country flag
You mean assets in America? Before passing this bill, Saudis already threatened to remove $750 billion worth of assets from America if this bill was passed. If the Americans manage to sue them and freeze assets before the Saudis sell them, then it can work.

They have 130 billion in US treasury that will be gone, any sale of assets will have government monitoring it ; assets like real estate need to go thru court papers. They can possibly sell stocks but I am sure USA will find a way to freeze that too already do for
Drug kingpins

Last edited:

Kshatriya87

Country flag
They have 130 billion in US treasury that will be gone, any sale of assets will have government monitoring it ; assets like real estate need to go thru court papers. They can possibly sell stocks but I am sure USA will find a way to freeze that too already do for
Drug kingpins

So the ball is in their court. How do you think the Saudis will retaliate? Surely they won't just take this from the "infidels".

Country flag
So the ball is in their court. How do you think the Saudis will retaliate? Surely they won't just take this from the "infidels".

They will cry like little bitches what else can they do?

Kshatriya87

Country flag
They will cry like little bitches what else can they do?

Increase terrorist funding? (Although they are bleeding chips with the oil prices so down). Convince turkey to remove US base from their land? Use the alliance of 20 or so countries (intended for Russia a month back) against USA? Not for attack of course but to prevent US from entering middle East?

Country flag
Increase terrorist funding? (Although they are bleeding chips with the oil prices so down). Convince turkey to remove US base from their land? Use the alliance of 20 or so countries (intended for Russia a month back) against USA? Not for attack of course but to prevent US from entering middle East?

This would be a major blow for USA but I don't think Saudis have guts to do this or else USA will have to overthrow the puppets and put new puppets in power. Their whole arsenal is dependant on USA and USA can
deny parts and make it useless

Kshatriya87

Country flag
This would be a major blow for USA but I don't think Saudis have guts to do this or else USA will have to overthrow the puppets and put new puppets in power. Their whole arsenal is dependant on USA and USA can
deny parts and make it useless

Plus the US can use Iran for a couple of years to go against Saudi. Saudis definitely won't be able to survive that.

Country flag
Plus the US can use Iran for a couple of years to go against Saudi. Saudis definitely won't be able to survive that.

Interesting point you made USA needs Saudis against Russia in Syria . This may make that situation even more unpredictable

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Interesting point you made USA needs Saudis against Russia in Syria . This may make that situation even more unpredictable

First scenario is to go ahead with current situation. Support saudis and turkey to remove Assad. But I do not think US has much interest in removing asad as much as turkey and Saudis do. This is because US has increased oil production more than their demand. This is a clear indication that they want to see Saudi economy crumble.

But then again, they can't just support Iran fully as Iranians are already friends with Russia.

Interesting part might come into picture where in US supports the Shia majority countries and use their Sunni hatred to take Saudi down.

But then, they will lose the economic strongholds of middle East. Iran might go with it till Saudis are gone but given Iranian decades old hate for Americans, they will soon turn against America.

US would need an alternative strong friend in middle East to continue their influence.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag

What can Saudi's do to Russians in Syria? Putin has already warned Saudi's against aiding the elements who are fighting to replace Assad. His specific words were," We will turn Saudi in to stone age". There was news that Saudi's along with Turkey was going to invade Syria and they backed off after the Putin warning.

I think USA is trying through back door channels to bring Iran under their umbrella, if they succeed than it might also be possible for them to negotiate access to Chabhar port when it is ready in order to by pass using Pakistan as an access point into Afghanistan. I think it will be win-win for USA-India and Iran on the long run. USA has to be sensitive to the Iranian concern of non interference into their internal affairs. I think India can play role to facilitate to bring both nations to an understanding to be long term partners for peace in the region.

Country flag
What can Saudi's do to Russians in Syria? Putin has already warned Saudi's against aiding the elements who are fighting to replace Assad. His specific words were," We will turn Saudi in to stone age". There was news that Saudi's along with Turkey was going to invade Syria and they backed off after the Putin warning.

I think USA is trying through back door channels to bring Iran under their umbrella, if they succeed than it might also be possible for them to negotiate access to Chabhar port when it is ready in order to by pass using Pakistan as an access point into Afghanistan. I think it will be win-win for USA-India and Iran on the long run. USA has to be sensitive to the Iranian concern of non interference into their internal affairs. I think India can play role to facilitate to bring both nations to an understanding to be long term partners for peace in the region.
There is very little USA can do vis a vis Iran, Saudis are incapable of acting alone everything has to be done with USA . Putin has more or less taken the Middle East hostage with this brilliant move many nations are neutralized.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...rticipated-in-9-11-not-grounds-for-a-lawsuit/
John Bolton: It’s ‘An Act of War’ If Saudis Participated in 9-11, Not Grounds For A Lawsuit
One questions comes up in my mind, why have Americans waited over 14 years to declassify the files? Did they wait for Iran nuclear issue to be resolved? Are USA shale oil drillers behind this move in order to put indirect pressure on Saudis to cut their production for oil prices to rise? Files do not get declassified before 25 years. Obama has already stated that he will veto such move by Congress. Can the victims challenge the veto in Supreme court of USA?

Country flag
Congress can overturn Obama veto with 2/3 vote. US knew Saudis were behind 9/11 with the fragile us economy USA did not act, now with ciollapsed oil prices and USA planning to export oil USA could not care less what Saudi think ; there is very little Saudis can do.
They already demonstrated their uselessness in syria

Kshatriya87

Country flag

Regarding Russia, its true they were effectively able to tackle Saudi. But what about Turkey? If you ask me, the russians didn't show those balls when it came to Turks. Everyone knows that the turks are the biggest suppliers & supporters of ISIS.

Also, in your 2nd argument, you are ignoring the IRan-Russia relations. Iran won't just simply become a friend of USA keeping Russia in mind.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
why have Americans waited over 14 years to declassify the files?
Because its time for them to take saudi down. Saudis may have lost their importance for americans now.

Did they wait for Iran nuclear issue to be resolved?
US didn't wait for the nuclear issue to get resolved. They MADE the nuclear issue go away. There is a difference. If the americans wanted, they would keep this nuclear issue going on for another 20 years.

Are USA shale oil drillers behind this move in order to put indirect pressure on Saudis to cut their production for oil prices to rise?
In fact, they want the saudi economy to crumble. Hence the rise in US oil production. Many american oil companies have shut down due to the oil prices as well. But the US don't care as long as their ultimate goal is achieved.

Files do not get declassified before 25 years.
That's where the bill comes into picture. I think the bill was passed for exactly this reason. To declassify the files pre-maturely to attack saudi.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles