Sea-plane services between Mumbai and Aamby Valley to start today

ladder

Country flag
Sea-plane services between Mumbai and Aamby Valley to start today
Excerpts.

Chhagan Bhujbal, Minister for Tourism and Public Works, will Monday inaugurate the sea-plane services from Mumbai to Aamby Valley.
For now, the services will only operate in one sector and commuters will have to wait for the launch of a similar service within the city, from Juhu airport to Girgaum chowpatty.
Once the service on this sector is launched, commuters will be able to travel on a sea-plane by paying one-way fare of Rs 750.
Sea-plane services between Mumbai and Aamby Valley to start today | The Indian Express

happy

We should have more of these services by the dozen in multiple places. For example a service from Chennai to Ongole enroute to Vizag would be very much viable I suppose. Also services from Vizag to Andamans and chennai to andamans will boost tourism and travel.

ladder

Country flag
We should have more of these services by the dozen in multiple places. For example a service from Chennai to Ongole enroute to Vizag would be very much viable I suppose. Also services from Vizag to Andamans and chennai to andamans will boost tourism and travel.
Those will require larger sea planes, but, these in Mumbai will be of smaller variety with small ferry distance.

happy

Those will require larger sea planes, but, these in Mumbai will be of smaller variety with small ferry distance.
Of course. If I am correct, New York has such a jetty for sea planes. Similar ones can be developed at Kakinada, Vizag and Chennai on this side of the coast and at Mumbai, Kochi and Goa apart from others on the west side.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
West Bengal has started helicopter service to a variety of places to include Shantiniketan, Digh and Sunderbans. The service is using the Behala airstrip which has been refurbished.

West Bengal has started connecting places in Calcutta, along the Hooghly through launches and are refurbishing the jetties on the Hooghly.

There is also a Heritage Steamer service that connect Kolkata to a variety of historical sites in Bengal, goes through Farrakka and then to Patna.

The Central Govt has plans to start ship based service for passenger and cargo to connect Kolkata with all ports along the Bay of Bengal through Odisha, AP and to Madras.

I believe there will be a similar service from Kolkata to Myanmar.

There are plans to have an offshore port off Haldia.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles