Scientist: Wars will half by 2050, India with highest chance of war

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Re: Scientist: Wars will half by 2050, India with highest chance of wa

Peace in our time? Scientist makes bold prediction that war is on the wane and will halve over next 40 years
- University of Oslo research suggests number of countries at war will fall from one in six to one in 12
- Higher education, lower infant mortality and lower population growth are reasons why the world can expect a more peaceful future

unless the good professor Hegre ( of Oslo Univ ) has been misquoted , i find the reasons for the choice - to be oversimplistic and reminiscent of the days when norway ( where the professor and his unity hail from) was a nation with the highest standard of living

from that vantage point of superiority he quotes statistics such as infant mortality and those parameters which are of the family-planning era - the 1960s and the malthusian lines of thought

without even knowing his name i'll wager a bet he did his PhD at the end of the 60's era ....( or was greatly influenced by thought of that era )

todays wars are not fought for those reasons - he has to wrong basis and therefopre cant have the right conclusions

NOPE - my take is the age-old india china pak war triangle ( which the west tried to create and which the west often quotes to put india or pak down whnever we talk of the progress in our countries ) is a failed trick .... pak is drawinfg closer to india and its nuke arsenal serves as a source of confidence ( unless al-queda gets it ) and china is more interested in their own uninterrupted progress economically

teh highest rpobability of war scenarios now shifts eastward - china asean SCS - china -japaj - disputed islands - ...china -usa pacific - japan

those being the most probable war scenarios -

as for china india - with almost parity in most areas of military strenghth i think the dragon is more intelligent than brave ( discretion being the better part of valour )

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles