Saudi eyeing Pakistan's JF-17 fighter jet, modeled from U.S. F-16

Dazzler

Re: Saudi eyeing Pakistan's JF-17 fighter jet, modeled from U.S. F-1

dont go too deep in it folks, its up in the air, Saudis are moody bunch, they signed an MoU for AK but later didnt proceed further. Consider it just a presentation as of now ;)

amoy

lol :D

mate the most humiliating thing for iran on the planet would be buying pakistani built fighters :D

our shits fly better . i feel much more safe with my parachute when it comes to flying compared to jf-17 cause the ejection seat will probably eject my brain out !

i am thinking of a joint project between iran and india or iran china when the sanctions fade away
Iran +Pakistan +China is an ideal triad, in consideration of -

* energy + economy: China as the world's no.2 economy is Iran's top crude buyer. trilateral cooperation may be conducive to an IPC pipeline and railway in the silk road belt.

* security: in face of regional challenges Iran Pakistan and China as a P5 will play vital roles in post NATO Afghanistan. in the same vein Chabahar and Gwadar both located in Baloch can pursue synergy. and in Syria crisis China has been a steadfast supporter of a peaceful solution and vetoed various UN resolutions by GCC+West.

when the competition gets fierce join up with a natural ally!

btw Happy Chinese New Year!

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

no smoking

Country flag

Then why not China dump its programs and run after Russians ?

You just said it ..
Well, because:

Our scientists were quite honesty about their potential products and we are willing to take an inferior fighter;
On the other hands, Indian scientists always overstate their ability and understate the difficulty at the beginning, and then trying to mark russian products as "junk" with the help of media;
If indian army refuse to buy their junk, they will lead people to think of "corruption" and "foreign bribe".

gadeshi

Well, because:

Our scientists were quite honesty about their potential products and we are willing to take an inferior fighter;
On the other hands, Indian scientists always overstate their ability and understate the difficulty at the beginning, and then trying to mark russian products as "junk" with the help of media;
If indian army refuse to buy their junk, they will lead people to think of "corruption" and "foreign bribe".
Yeah, I rarely agree with you, but this is the case I do.

Country flag

but egypt too was an american ally, maybe not like the Saudi-US relations. But after the recent events like takeover of the govt by Egyptian army, US decided to stop the supply of equipments like fighter jets to the country and after a few days russia said it would be helping the Egyptians by increasing the defence cooperation. What if the same thing happened to saudis in an event if US decides to stop the supplies ?
It would make us weapons bought by saudi Arabia useless and would be costly in terms of
Time and Money to replace by russia.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

To be honest you dont have other choice to accept inferior aircraft and forces them into service ..

On other hand Chinese Scientist are least consider 'Scientist ' but School boys with screw and bolt with a loud PR ..

Well, because:

Yeah, I rarely agree with you, but this is the case I do.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

So how many aircrafts have been ordered to Pakistan till today ???

SDWCM

so great !

then we have more saudi junk to shoot down and inflict more damage :D

just in case :D

who buys jf-17 anyway ? except saudiz of course :rofl:

hahahahaha :pound:

To be honest the JF-17 is more advanced than any aircraft in Iranian air force except f-14 ^_^

and you said you'll shoot down our aircrafts :tsk:

by what ????? may by the 5th generation aircraft Gaher 313

or by Phantom <
lol

Imagine the amount of damage that you'll get by moving one F-15 squadron

with one Eurofighter Typhoon squadron

and one Tornado squadron

Provided by one RE-3A

Then I can say no Iranian aircraft with 70s technology can fly again :scared1:

SDWCM

Saudis have many us weapons what I was referring too. Saudi Arabia is a US pawn
What usa says goes.
Humm, are you sure ? :confused:

Actually you're wrong !

US runs behind its interests and KSA ,too.

So, what I want to noticed is NOTHING given to us for FREE every thing was by cost $$$ and you Americans loves money .

Moreover, if US decided to stop selling weapons to us we won't lose much as you will .

For example, with every military deal with KSA we're providing thousands of jobs for Americans .

Also, if we can't get the weapons from US there are many western and eastern sellers looking to get US share !

For me I'm not happy for deals with US even if we purchased advanced weapons from them , I hope we enter the eastern market with CN or Russia because they'll allows the tech transfer. :p

Last edited:

SDWCM

My comment about this :

If we had F-15 C/D/S/SA,Eurofighter T2/T3 ,F-5,Tornadoes IDS/GR4,BAE Hawk

so, what JF-17 will provide to us ?? ( Even if there is tech transfer )

KSA can operate more advanced fighter such as F-16 or Rafal !

thansk ,,,,

Country flag

Humm, are you sure ? :confused:

Actually you're wrong !

US runs behind its interests and KSA ,too.

So, what I want to noticed is NOTHING given to us for FREE every thing was by cost $$$ and you Americans loves money .

Moreover, if US decided to stop selling weapons to us we won't lose much as you will .

For example, with every military deal with KSA we're providing thousands of jobs for Americans .

Also, if we can't get the weapons from US there are many western and eastern sellers looking to get US share !

For me I'm not happy for deals with US even if we purchased advanced weapons from them , I hope we enter the eastern market with CN or Russia because they'll allows the tech transfer. :p

During the first gulf war USA had set up camp in Riyadh . This was against the vast majority
Support in Saudi Arabia and the Islamic world, to allow a foreign kafir army to wage war and
Kill Muslims from the holy land. This could be one example to support my statement. Saudi
Ruling family dances to USA 's tunes.

SDWCM

During the first gulf war USA had set up camp in Riyadh . This was against the vast majority
Support in Saudi Arabia and the Islamic world, to allow a foreign kafir army to wage war and
Kill Muslims from the holy land. This could be one example to support my statement. Saudi
Ruling family dances to USA 's tunes.
My dear , Islamic religion allowed "the alliance with the Kafirs against the enemy " to defend our selves and Saddam is enemy (Even if he was a Muslim that not allowed him to occupied other's lands)

Let my tell you something, Saddam Hussain was planning to occupied all the gulf countries !
Beginning by Kuwait so, King Fahad warned Saddam but he ignored all the Warnings and he had to bear the results !

So, if someone wants to heart you , you should stop him by any way .:thumb:

The USA missions in gulf were by previous agreements with GCC ,which is mean '' USA served us not controlled us "

Also, we paid the cost as all times ;)

I can understand that You're trying to indicate that "the USA controlled us " ,but you have to keep in mined we're near the 2015 not in 80ths or 70ths .

For example, when we saw the USA satisfied with Iran's nuclear we jumped above these tow countries plans and we hurried up to CN to get some DFs with nuclear capabilities .
see, noting can be under control everyone can break the laws.

World is near the big changes in power balances so, the USA need to keep its relations good with Middle Eastern countries .
Otherwise, Russian or Chinese will take the USA's place and you'll see the Russian bombers flying and playing near USA airspace harassing your both military-civilian planes .

And it'll be good chance for us to kick out USA's daughter ( Israel ) .

Country flag
Very interesting . I am getting this point of view for the first time. Saudi Arabia has always
Been a leader in the Islamic world more for religious than political reasons. Good to hear a
New sense of independence among the people. Many nations have a love hate relationship
With USA but trade / military or other leverage keeps the status quo.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles