Saudi Arabia may sign deal for C-130J transporters, KC130J tankers

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Saudi Arabia is close to signing a deal worth more than $6.5 billion with Lockheed Martin as it seeks to modernise its airlift and inflight refuelling capabilities.

US Congress is to consider an export application by the American manufacturer for up to 20 C-130J -30 transproters and five KC130J tankers.

The US Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) has confirmed the application has submitted to the US Government for approval. "Saudi Arabia needs these aircraft to sustain its aging fleet, which faces increasing obsolescence," the DSCA said in a notification to Congress handed over last week.

Arabian Aerospace - Saudi Arabia in $6.5billion bid for new Hercules

Defcon 1

Country flag
I have a growing feeling that US purposely does not wants to attack Iran to protect its huge defence market in the middle east.

Anyways, does anybody has any idea of cumulative Saudi capabilities, I believe with their current orders, their airforce will become more powerful than ours.

Blackwater

free ke $$$ ha.......... C-130 le, yaa C-13000 le. saudis da ki janda ha

Indian Diplomacy

I have a growing feeling that US purposely does not wants to attack Iran to protect its huge defence market in the middle east.

Anyways, does anybody has any idea of cumulative Saudi capabilities, I believe with their current orders, their airforce will become more powerful than ours.
Your growing feeling is as ill-informed as the post that is laden with misinformation and ignorance.

Iran is not an Arab country, and Iran and the Arab countries happen to be archenemies. If the US were to attack Iran, the Arab world would support the US and Israel. The same way Israel helped Iran during the Iran-Iraq war. The Arab world want the Persian influence confined and contained. So the preservation of US' defence markets in the middle east has no bearing on its decision to attack Iran or not.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Your growing feeling is as ill-informed as the post that is laden with misinformation and ignorance.

Iran is not an Arab country, and Iran and the Arab countries happen to be archenemies. If the US were to attack Iran, the Arab world would support the US and Israel. The same way Israel helped Iran during the Iran-Iraq war. The Arab world want the Persian influence confined and contained. So the preservation of US' defence markets in the middle east has no bearing on its decision to attack Iran or not.
You didn't get my point. Iran and Arab countries happen to be archenemies. So if US doesn't attack Iran it means survival of an archenemy of Arabs. So they need to regularly buy weapons from US to counter growing military power of Iran. Hence by not attacking Iran US ensures protection of one of its biggest markets. If US attacked Iran, Arab countries will no more feel threatened and they will not buy any more weapons from US.

So try to understand the point well before posting. This is your first post on this forum and you start by making a fool of yourself. How old are you exactly?

Indian Diplomacy

You didn't get my point. Iran and Arab countries happen to be archenemies. So if US doesn't attack Iran it means survival of an archenemy of Arabs. So they need to regularly buy weapons from US to counter growing military power of Iran. Hence by not attacking Iran US ensures protection of one of its biggest markets. If US attacked Iran, Arab countries will no more feel threatened and they will not buy any more weapons from US.

So try to understand the point well before posting. This is your first post on this forum and you start by making a fool of yourself. How old are you exactly?
You seem like the people who comment on conspiracy theory videos on youtube. The CIA has stated that there is no evidence of Iran flouting the nuclear treaty regulations. What you and I are fed is mere scare-mongering through disinformation by the Israel govt. Iran overrates its military capabilities.

Even if we suppose that it has gained access to nuclear warheads and is readying to launch one in Israel's direction - within minutes of it, there'd be a dozen in reprisal.

Your ulterior motive theories make you look like a fool.

Defcon 1

Country flag
You seem like the people who comment on conspiracy theory videos on youtube. The CIA has stated that there is no evidence of Iran flouting the nuclear treaty regulations. What you and I are fed is mere scare-mongering through disinformation by the Israel govt. Iran overrates its military capabilities.

Even if we suppose that it has gained access to nuclear warheads and is readying to launch one in Israel's direction - within minutes of it, there'd be a dozen in reprisal.

Your ulterior motive theories make you look like a fool.
Yeah yeah. Every Tom Dick and Harry everywhere in the world knows that Arab countries have been buying weapons to counter Iran. Other than Iran, they don't have any real enemy.

Look man I know your type, you are coming from PDF/IDF aren't you? And now you think you know everything about conspiracy theories.

I never talked about nuclear weapons in the first place. Iran has been expanding its conventional military capabilities as well. Arab countries need weapons to counter the growing conventional military capabilities of Iran. And tell me, how exactly do you know that Iran overstates its capabilities? Do you have access to classified information?

Since you already claim to know everything, can you please tell me, if not Iran, what is the reason that Saudi Arab has made some of the biggest weapons purchase in the recent times?

By the way, please tell me your real age. I just want to make sure if it is worth my time to continue this discussion with you

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles