Saudi Arabia beheads Sri Lankan maid

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Maybe the Wahhabi and Salafi extremists would think so, but do the Malians themselves think they are following "polluted" Islam? The Iranians think the other way around, that their form of Islam (Ithna'ashariyyah Shi'ism) is the purest and that Wahhabis and Salafis are polluted. Who is right? Does it matter? I wanted to simply show an example from history where native customs shaped the practice of Islam and application of Islamic law; there are many more such examples.
Is that not the point I was making too??:dude:

And I am not questioning your example. I just noted how its always the "Pure" Islam that wins. After all, God made book must always be right....no?

But whatever who cares. Barbarian culture will have Barbaric laws. Their wish is what that matters in the end. Whats the point of discussing it anyway.

Also more such barbarism will mean lesser people no. of people will go there and get radicalised. Its a win win...

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yes, because they were a certain centimeters more than ground level and were built on Muslim Saints' graves.
@Yusuf, @SHURIDH, what is the exact measurement?
6.5' x 2' IIRC. Have to check

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Beheading was a very common way to kill in the region as well as in Europe. Why exactly was the Guillotine invented? One of the Kings of England landed up on the guillotine.

But then today's Britain abolished the death penalty. That Saudis are the way try are is because they have not kept up with the times. Cultures evolve. Some don't. They'd like to remain in 6th century.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
There is nothing other than Arab Culture in Islam.
There is nothing Arab about Indian Muslims who follow local Indian traditions and customs including the clothes they wear, the food they eat and common problems that affect entire Indian population.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Beheading was a very common way to kill in the region as well as in Europe. Why exactly was the Guillotine invented? One of the Kings of England landed up on the guillotine.

But then today's Britain abolished the death penalty. That Saudis are the way try are is because they have not kept up with the times. Cultures evolve. Some don't. They'd like to remain in 6th century.
the matter is not about whether death penalty is right or wrong, but whether it is appropriate to give it to a girl of 17!

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
There is nothing Arab about Indian Muslims who follow local Indian traditions and customs including the clothes they wear, the food they eat and common problems that affect entire Indian population.
this i a rather dis-honest claim.

For instance, did the Indian-ness of Paki muslims magically disappear after 1947(were they not part of India before that)?

And what sort of traditions do you mean? I am yet to see a muslim who celebrates Pongal in TN,,,

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
the matter is not about whether death penalty is right or wrong, but whether it is appropriate to give it to a girl of 17!
Didnt I say some cultures have not kept up with the times.

Off course it's a condemnable act. Not only because of a 17 year old being beheaded but because beheading, stoning to death etc are barbaric methods which have to go. You can't live in the 6th century.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Didnt I say some cultures have not kept up with the times.

Off course it's a condemnable act. Not only because of a 17 year old being beheaded but because beheading, stoning to death etc are barbaric methods which have to go. You can't live in the 6th century.
I dont find the idea of be-heading bad. but I find the age to be inappropriate.

Anyway, here is a video for your case:D, I was watching it and was urged to post it here, regarding Islamic world....

Watch from 1.18.00 onwards... Its about Intelligent design in US schools:)hehe:)....

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
this i a rather dis-honest claim.

For instance, did the Indian-ness of Paki muslims magically disappear after 1947(were they not part of India before that)?

And what sort of traditions do you mean? I am yet to see a muslim who celebrates Pongal in TN,,,
When you bring in Pakis, you open up another debate altogether. Pakis are wannabe Arabs, Turks and what not to run away from their Indian identity. Nothing of that sort among Indian Muslims.

Celebrating festivals these days means enjoying a holiday. Burst crackers during Diwali. What else do you expect from people?
That said, do the TN Muslims eat khubus or something or idli vada? Do they speak Arabic or Tamil?

blank_quest

Country flag
True, the Quran and the Hadith are the products of Bedouin Arab culture. Thus, Sharia law is also the product of Bedouin Arab culture. And since Saudi Arabia is a country of Bedouin Arabs who remain an essentially tribal and medieval society, despite having tremendous wealth and resources in the form of oil, it is not surprising that such cases of brutality such as this beheading continue to take place.

But it would be wrong to assume that Islam in all places of the world takes the same shape and form as it does in Arabia. In the medieval Islamic empire of Mali, for example, it was common for many women, including the daughters of the sultan, to go about their daily lives completely naked. This astonished the Arab traveler Ibn Battuta, who visited the Mali Empire in 1352-53 during the reign of Mansa Suleyman I (r.1341-1360). Ibn Battuta came from a country where women were required to veil themselves and keep out of public life, so it is not surprising that he disapproved of these Malian practices. You can read about his description of Mali here: http://www.doralacademyprep.org/our...Ibn Battuta on Customs in the Mali Empire.pdf

The Mali Empire was an Islamic state, and as such, the law of the land would be Sharia law. But the law was also influenced by native customs and culture, and differed greatly from that in Arab countries. Even today, it is very uncommon for Muslim women in West Africa to wear the veil. It is sad that Mali, today, is now under attack by the Wahhabi menace.
If nudity of Mali can become the part of Islam then why not they make India's custom of Yoga as a part of Islam?? its not the worship of any god its simple meditation :D

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I dont find the idea of be-heading bad. but I find the age to be inappropriate.

Anyway, here is a video for your case:D, I was watching it and was urged to post it here, regarding Islamic world....

Watch from 1.18.00 onwards... Its about Intelligent design in US schools:)hehe:)....
If you don't find the idea of beheading bad, you belong to another age.

First up in the morning I don't want to waste time watching lectures.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
When you bring in Pakis, you open up another debate altogether. Pakis are wannabe Arabs, Turks and what not to run away from their Indian identity. Nothing of that sort among Indian Muslims.
Thats only because they are not living under a Islamic world. The only thing that differentiates the Indian Muslims from their paki cousins is the minority/majority status.

Celebrating festivals these days means enjoying a holiday. Burst crackers during Diwali. What else do you expect from people?
That said, do the TN Muslims eat khubus or something or idli vada? Do they speak Arabic or Tamil?
is language the same as Tradition? if so, then Mali/(any african culture for that matter) indegenous culture is still preserved is it?

And no, celebrating Pongal is not something I witnessed. And leave Diwali, atleast that is a hindu festival, while pongal is not!

And dresses are not the same as tradition/culture is it? Even then, there is a market difference in the dressing of Hindus/Muslims in India. Do you disagree? But whatever, we are going waaayyy off the tangent...

blank_quest

Country flag
Read page 61 too .. it seems logical but I know Hinduism will always be in clash to Islam and there is no way of reconciliation :(

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
If nudity of Mali can become the part of Islam then why not they make India's custom of Yoga as a part of Islam?? its not the worship of any god its simple meditation :D
Yoga is not any religion specific. West has adopted it while in India itself it was forgotten until baba Ramdev started a movement to get Yoga back to the fore.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
If you don't find the idea of beheading bad, you belong to another age.

First up in the morning I don't want to waste time watching lectures.
May be I do:D

What do you expect, I have worse things in mind for rapists and people like Kasab. Do you blame me?

about the video, just watch it at 1.18.00 for two mins....

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Nudity/or any other indegenous culture will last for may be a decade or more. Then it will be replaced by pure bious-ness

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
May be I do:D

What do you expect, I have worse things in mind for rapists and people like Kasab. Do you blame me?

about the video, just watch it at 1.18.00 for two mins....
So you actually acknowledge that beheading and stoning to death is a good thing in modern times as its done in Arab lands for crimes such as rape? Good to know your mentality. Don't come out and keep blaming Islam when you yourself have such thoughts in mind. Better give up on medicine.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles