Saudi Arabia: At least 87 killed,200 injured in Crane collapse at Mecca Grand mosque

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Saudi Arabia: At least 87 killed in Crane collapse at Mecca Grand mosque

At least 87 people died and more than 200 people were injured when a crane collapsed in the Muslim holy city of Mecca in Saudi Arabia.The huge red crane crashed into a part of the Grand Mosque - the largest in the world - that was filled with worshippers at the time.The head of Saudi Arabia's civil defence said strong winds and heavy rains had caused the collapse.It happened at a time when many worshippers were there for Friday prayers.

Mecca is currently preparing for the annual Muslim Hajj pilgrimage.Hundreds of thousands of people are expected to arrive in the Saudi city from all over the world later this month.The collapse happened at 17:23 local time (14:23 GMT), said Director-General of the Saudi Civil Defence Authority, Lt Sulayman Bin-Abdullah al-Amr.

The toll for the dead and injured, tweeted by the
Civil Defence Authority (in Arabic), continued to rise throughout the evening.Shortly before the crash, the city had been hit by unusually high levels of rainfall and winds of up to 83kph (50mph), Lt Amr said.

A video posted on YouTube, which could not be independently verified, appeared to record the moment the crane fell, with a loud crash heard in the background followed by panic and shouting.Images circulating on Twitter showed what looked like numerous bodies and blood on the floor of the mosque.

Lt Amr said an investigation was being carried out to assess the damage, and the "extent of the safety of these sites".
============================================================================

@Abhijat @A chauhan @Alien @alphacentury @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @blueblood @brational @Bangalorean @Blackwater @bose @cobra commando @DingDong @DFI_COAS @ersakthivel @gpawar @hit&run @jackprince @Kharavela @Illusive @I_PLAY_BAD @LETHALFORCE @Lions Of Punjab @maomao @Mad Indian @OneGrimPilgrim @Peter @pmaitra @Razor @raja696 @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @sydsnyper @Srinivas_K @Screambowl @sorcerer @Simple_Guy @Sylex21 @wickedone @tarunraju @TrueSpirit2 @thethinker @VIP @Vishwarupa @VIP @Varahamihira @roma

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
could be due to the lightning strike on 9/11?! member ezsasa posted about it in the 'SM-watch' thread.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
could be due to the lightning strike on 9/11?! member ezsasa posted about it in the 'SM-watch' thread.
Ok so rainfall and winds of up to 83kph which is NOT normal in Arabia!!

Friday is the day!!!!!

9/11 is the date!!!!!!!!!!

@Neo: Is there any significance of "14" in Islam since it's 14th anniversary of 9/11 Twin Tower attack?

Hmmm... very interesting pieces of data and coincidences. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Last edited:

pmaitra

Ok so rainfall and winds of up to 83kph which is NOT normal in Arabia!!

Friday is the day!!!!!

9/11 is the date!!!!!!!!!!

@Neo: Is there any significance of "14" in Islam since it's 14th anniversary of 9/11 Twin Tower attack?

Hmmm... very interesting pieces of data and coincidences. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
Looks like you are a numerologist.

We'll call you, Rock-Ji, the Numerologist.

Back to point, it is a sad incident. RIP to the deceased.

Blackwater

Was crane theka (contract) giving to Pakistani company or driver was paki ??? just wondering:biggrin2::biggrin2:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Their soul may RIP or not, I don't care, since they don't care about others' lives, however sad incident.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Well, if this is not a conspiracy, may be finally their 'Allah' was defeated and a new 'god' got the mantle and sent a message?!! Huh?

o_O

Illusive

Country flag
RIP, they should have closed down if it was raining so heavy.

I_PLAY_BAD

All,

Isn't dying in mecca a way to reach heaven as per Islam ? So is this incident good or bad ? I have that fundamental question.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
All,

Isn't dying in mecca a way to reach heaven as per Islam ? So is this incident good or bad ? I have that fundamental question.
Fundamentally accidents are always bad.

Who goes to heaven or not is never a fundamental question but question of faith.

One wise Hindu told me same about Hindu places of worship and I fully believe in him. Not sure about what Islamic faith says but such wisdom/belief is thousand of years old in Hinduism, in-practice and in-continuity that many people even today make sure they die in Kashi/Varanasi at the shores of river Ganga Ji to go to heaven.

sorcerer

Country flag
All,

Yeah..they can access GREEN CHANNEL to Heaven on exit...No quechens asked. Thats what their book says.
Its bad incident...but the friends and relatives can feel relieved that who ever died ..died at Mecca and is en-route heaven...going by the book that is.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
R.I.P
They should not allow people near construction or maintenance site. I hope the culprit get caught and brought to justice.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
R.I.P
They should not allow people near construction or maintenance site. I hope the culprit get caught and brought to justice.
Construction has been going in Mecca from a couple of years now, saud family has been razing small religious shrines in and around Mecca for sometime now. They are redesigning Mecca on a war footing and at a massive scale.

Previous major accident was in 2006 in Mecca.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles