Sachin Tendulkar to fly fighter jet after South Africa tour

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
The Indian Air Force has said that it will soon discuss with the little batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar about his desire to fly the Sukhoi fighter aircraft.

Sachin, who was conferred with an honorary rank of Group Captain by the Indian Air Force in June earlier this year, desired to fly Sukhoi - the top of the line fighter plane of Indian Air Force. And now, as the batting prodigy of India cricket has added a new-fangled feather in his memorable cap by scoring his 50th Test century on Sunday, the media persons asked the IAF chief that when and where the honorary Group Captain would fly the Sukhoi.

The Indian Air Force Chief, Air Chief Marshal P V Naik told the media reporters that IAF will discuss with Sachin soon after conclusion of India's ongoing tour of South Africa.

"Now the cricket series (between India and South Africa) is going on," said Naik. "We will discuss this (Sukhoi flight of Sachin) after the series."

India's ongoing tour of South Africa, in which the hosts will play three- match Test series followed by a solitary Twenty20 International and three ODIs, will end on 23 January.

Armed forces of a country grant honorary ranks to renowned personalities for their achievements to the nation. Sachin is the second Indian cricketer to receive an armed forces honorary rank. Earlier in 2008, the 1983 World Cup-winning skipper Kapil Dev was awarded with an honorary rank of lieutenant colonel by the Indian Territorial Army.

The Indian Air Force Chief also congratulated the 37-year-old on scoring his Test career's 50th hundred at Centurion against South Africa on weekend and wished him good luck for the future.

"He is a great cricketer of our times. IAF's good wishes are with him. His 50th century has come because of his own capabilities as a cricketer and also our best wishes are with him," said Naik.

Su-30 MKI is the frontline 4.5-generation fighter plane in Indian Air Force's fleet. These aircrafts are made in India using Russian technology. The Indian Air Force manages five squadrons of these powerful fighter planes.

http://blogs.bettor.com/Sachin-Tendulkar-to-fly-fighter-jet-after-South-Africa-tour-a48940

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I won't call this a waste of time unlike the time when dadima Patil was flown around just because she is president (and a pathetic one compared to her predecessor Dr. Kalam). Sachin has done us proud and is truly a Bharat Ratna. He deserves the honour.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Now I understand why IAF is obsessed with twin-seat fighters...

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
I won't call this a waste of time unlike the time when dadima Patil was flown around just because she is president (and a pathetic one compared to her predecessor Dr. Kalam). Sachin has done us proud and is truly a Bharat Ratna. He deserves the honour.
i have the same opinion of her; not only that last time she wanted to sail in an Indian navy ship. I want to tell her that $40 million bird is not a personal entertainment toy where you can play with it as your liking. she has better things to do rather than flying on a fighter jet or sailing on navy ships.

unlike our president, Sachin has earned his ride on Su30mki. he is true gem of india. sachin deserves to fly in any aircraft or sail in any ship of his choice.

vinay535

Whats wrong in President Pratibha Patil flying in SU and wanting to sail on Indian NAvy ships .After all shes the SUPREME COMMANDER of your defence forces .U may not respect her as a person but the post she holds deserves it.
Sachin Tendulkar has excelled in his field of expertise , he plays cricket and he plays it well. let him have the highest civilian award from the govt .But does that entitle him to fly in fighter jets?
Now a name comes to my mind Abhinav bindra , lone gold medal winner in oylmpics . Will he be flying in fighter planes or sailing on naval ships?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
^^ What has Dadima Patil done for the country? She's the "SUPREME COMMANDER" isn't she? Then why the heck isn't she able to press the armed forces for getting all the things in time and become more transparent? That is MOD's job but MOD is also virtually supposed to be under her. This means that she is simply an ineffective eater of government money who's good for nothing other than diplomatic state visits.

Sachin has given Indian cricket the image that no other has given in the world. He has done the country proud on numerous times, incited patriotism and a sense of importance in the people's hearts and minds so many times. His name standing alongside the "representing India" holds a magic that encourages nation's youths to work hard and come to his level some day. His work speaks for him rather than he speaking for his work.

Ex-president Dr Kalam has done revolutionary work in the field of our nuclear might status. He is the father of nuclear program and an engine to all our missile developments. His recommendation is still needed in so many projects of ISRO, DRDO and other elite agencies in our country. The man has always proved that he has been WORTH that post as the president. What is PP compared to him and Sachin?

Any national achievement? Or even humanitarian achievement? The only achievement that she has is that she is a puppet of Sonia Gandhi just like MMS, Anthony and Chidambaram whom all Sonia can control at will and pull her strings.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Whats wrong in President Pratibha Patil flying in SU and wanting to sail on Indian NAvy ships .After all shes the SUPREME COMMANDER of your defence forces .U may not respect her as a person but the post she holds deserves it.
Sachin Tendulkar has excelled in his field of expertise , he plays cricket and he plays it well. let him have the highest civilian award from the govt .But does that entitle him to fly in fighter jets?
Now a name comes to my mind Abhinav bindra , lone gold medal winner in oylmpics . Will he be flying in fighter planes or sailing on naval ships?
I dont give respect to the post my friend; I give respect to person. not everybody deserves every post. patil is not worth to be our president. again, a president has better things to do rather than wasting one whole working day to fly on a fighter jet.

tell me one GOOD THING SHE HAS DONE FOR THE COUNTRY AS PRESIDENT? and i will respect her. Abdul kalam was 100000x times better.

Last edited:

vinay535

Iam not trying to defend Pratibha patil as a person but as the President of our country.Yes , shes the President and supreme commander of our defence forces and she deserves all our respect for being in that post .
Now may i ask what is she supposed to do being President of India ?The post of President is largely a ceremonial post.
In the Indian form of govt , all of the authority vested in the President is in practice exercised by the Council of Ministers, headed by the Prime Minister.
Now coming to Sachin , he has made a name for himself in sports.I wont mind if we name a stadium after him or start a sports academy in his name BUT flying in fighter plane ? hows that related ?heck when can i see Amitabh Bachchan flying in fighter planes ? hasnt he made us and our country proud.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Iam not trying to defend Pratibha patil as a person but as the President of our country.Yes , shes the President and supreme commander of our defence forces and she deserves all our respect for being in that post .
Now may i ask what is she supposed to do being President of India ?The post of President is largely a ceremonial post.
In the Indian form of govt , all of the authority vested in the President is in practice exercised by the Council of Ministers, headed by the Prime Minister.
Now coming to Sachin , he has made a name for himself in sports.I wont mind if we name a stadium after him or start a sports academy in his name BUT flying in fighter plane ? hows that related ?heck when can i see Amitabh Bachchan flying in fighter planes ? hasnt he made us and our country proud.
here is something a president can do in india. she can execute arrest warrant for those who all responsible for CWG scam, adarsh scam and 2g scam.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles